Profile for Renton Copeland > Reviews

Content by Renton Copeland

Renton Copeland

Alphasonix Super Bright 7w CREE LED Machined Aluminium Waterproof Front Bike Light with Multi-function LED Rear Light - Supplied with new design, fully adjustable mounting brackets allowing the front light to be easily removed to use as a powerful torch or to prevent theft
Offered by alphasonix Ltd. (UK)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great lights, TERRIBLE brackets, 26 Mar. 2013
The quality of the brackets greatly undermines the overall quality of this product.
Their plastic is cheap and soft. Therefore when you adjust the nut, it proceeds to eat through the plastic which cannot withstand any sort of pressure or force.
The release system of the rear light snapped the second time I used it, then I gave up. I resorted to good old cable ties and wire to come up with a solution for both brackets... so far so good. However, I shouldn't need to go through that
On the other hand I must say quality of the lights is really good. Specially the front light which is really powerful and that's exactly what I was looking for. You can see that this is the item manufactured in the US, which has been paired along cheap plastic products from China.

Why two stars then? because if the lights can't be fit properly onto the bike, there's pretty much no use for them. I'm sure that for the same price, or a couple of quid more, you can get another set of lights that won't give a headache.

Optimum Men's Cycling Winter Gloves - Black, Large
Optimum Men's Cycling Winter Gloves - Black, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 26 Jan. 2013
I bought these to wear while I commute with my bicycle in wintry conditions since the other pair that I own are very thin.
They are certainly comfortable and one can appreciate that they are good quality. However they won't keep your hands properly warm if you are unlucky enough to have to cycle in near zero temperatures, but that's expected I guess.

Sealskinz Men's Thermal Liners Gloves - Black, One Size
Sealskinz Men's Thermal Liners Gloves - Black, One Size
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 26 Jan. 2013
I bought these out of recommendation for the brand. But my oh my, the fit has to be the worst ever.
Unless I've been unaware of the terrible deformity of my hands, last time I checked each finger have different size. But in the wicked world of SealSkinz Thermal Liner Gloves all the fingers of the human hand have the same length. As a result there's a substantial portion of glove flapping about at the end of my thumb and little finger. My middle finger is too big for the glove so the strain that causes on the material has begun to wear it out. My index and ring finger are ok. Hey, they've got 2 out 5 right. I wish I had the same luck with the female gender.
Another feat is that they don't follow the curve of the Proximal phalanges, which normally makes the space between your fingers go 'downwards' from your index and towards the pinky. These gloves are instead straightly in a 90 degrees fashion. Therefore when you wear them the gloves don't go all the way onto the space between the ring and small finger. Terrible.
The third element is that bothers me is that the bottom elastic part is too big, reaching the area of the palm when you have them on. That which makes them even more uncomfortable.
Again, it might be the case that I'm a hand freak and everybody I've known and met are too polite to point it out. Another possibility is that I didn't read the description well and this gloves are intended for Bender-like robot hands. Either way, these are terrible.

Beechfield Suprafleece Headband, Black, One Size
Beechfield Suprafleece Headband, Black, One Size
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 26 Jan. 2013
Definitely a good buy. It certainly might be a little loose for some people out there, but it's a great fit to my over sized head. It's also comfortable to use beneath mi bike helmet which was a concern.