Profile for Country Mouse > Reviews

Content by Country Mouse

Country Mouse (Oxon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
TomTom Quality Carry Case for XL, Via 120, Start 20 and GO LIVE 4.3"
TomTom Quality Carry Case for XL, Via 120, Start 20 and GO LIVE 4.3"
Offered by LCD & Plasma Service GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Better that the rest, 21 Dec. 2015
Seems strange to love a Sat Nav... but no more so than getting angry at a traffic jam. This looks ahead, tapping into other Lives out there and warning you what's coming up, which is brilliant. The phone/mic voice recognition thing doesn't work well in a cheap noisy car, and you would expect a quiet expensive car will have its own built in. I've had Garmin and NavMan (both nicked - ha, ha...fools) and I prefer Tom Tom, massively.

Sony MDR-ZX110 Overhead Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX110 Overhead Headphones - Black
Offered by Price Grabber

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Cable, 21 Dec. 2015
A metre of cable is just not enough for me. I suppose this unit is for walking out listening to your phone, which I don't do, so my mistake. Don't buy for indoor listening would be my advice.

Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier with Digital Input - Black
Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier with Digital Input - Black
Offered by Peter Tyson Online

3.0 out of 5 stars A little light on watts (?), 21 Dec. 2015
Size matters. I weighed up the cost v power argument and bought this but Amazon Warehouse sent the CD player in the amp box, doh, so it went back. I then reconsidered and bought the bigger brother, the PM7005, and find I can really drive it in a way that makes me pleased I opted for the extra 15w per channel (60 instead of 45). This 'luxury' cost an extra £150 but you get other upgrades and I'm honestly glad how it's worked out. If you really want to shake the room, the PM8005 is probably the way to go but that's another story, and another £150. The quality of sound on the 7005 is a joy to listen to, so I'm sure the 6005 is just as beautiful, if a little light on watts. The optical in, for your TV, is delightful too. The USB B input is a puzzle, why not USB A, Marantz, like everything else? Now I have to buy another blooming expensive cable to link my iPhone up.

Carrie & Lowell [VINYL]
Carrie & Lowell [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gig of 2015 for me was SS at the ..., 21 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Carrie & Lowell [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The best gig of 2015 for me was SS at the Colston Hall. Not a great fan of his electronica but I find his innovative folk inspirational. He played most of this album, I realise now that I've bought it, at the gig and he seemed vulnerable up there crooning with a small parlour guitar it was all the more authentic and magical for that. You've got to love Sufjan for baring his all, artistically, out there. If you're previously moved by him, buy this album.

Zoom IQ6 Handy Recorder
Zoom IQ6 Handy Recorder

2.0 out of 5 stars Tascam or Olympus would be better, 21 Dec. 2015
Plastic and a bit ungainly on a slim phone, I sent this back and bought a Tascam DR30 which you should consider if live music is your bag. The Olympus voice recorder with this style of angled mics seems to pop up on TV - i.e.in a live interview scrum - consider this if you want superior outside broadcast sound.

Ladies 100% Brushed Cotton Hedgehog Print Winceyette Pyjamas. Sizes 10-12 14-16 18-20 (10-12, MAGENTA)
Offered by BEST DEALS DIRECT UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Squeezy, 21 Dec. 2015
Get your girl in brushed cotton and give her a squeeze :-) value for money, nuff said.

VonHaus 18V Li-Ion Fast Charge Cordless Drill/Driver Free 2 Year Warranty complete with 13 piece accessory set + Carry Case
Offered by DOMU UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious really, 21 Dec. 2015
It works and I'm a once in a while DIY-er, so a Makita was really over the top for my needs, as much as I'd have liked one. Apparently the lithium ion battery will take long periods of being unused better than NiCad so this was 'required' on my list of needs. The torque for the money is adequate for driving screws home without piloting first. Quite what the little light on the end is pointing at I can't tell, nowhere near the work area, hilarious really.

Spilt Milk
Spilt Milk
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on Georgia Soul, 21 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Spilt Milk (Audio CD)
I think I'm in love, so biased I'm sure, but putting that to one side I saw KT on Jools Holland and thought 'pretty good'. Followed this up with Dark Black, the album, and kind of stalled. I'm sure it's a good album but it wasn't until I listened to Spilt Milk, that I finally got Georgia Soul. I struggled a little with the country sound, not being a great country fan, but the quality of musicianship and THAT voice, wow! I'm hooked.

AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable 1.8 m / 6 Feet
AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable 1.8 m / 6 Feet

4.0 out of 5 stars What's in a Cable?, 21 Dec. 2015
what's in a cable? geeks would probably say 'a lot' but for you and me, it works, or it doesn't and the rest is as intangible as taste. this works fine and at a decent price with less packaging - always good

The Edge Chronicles 4: Beyond the Deepwoods: First Book of Twig
The Edge Chronicles 4: Beyond the Deepwoods: First Book of Twig
by Paul Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Forests filled with toothy terminators, 26 Oct. 2015
It's a bit of a mental, no-holds barred escapade through slime filled tunnels and forests filled with toothy terminators. There's no respite for the hero and you do begin to tire of his endless misfortune. My 6-year old has also kind of lost interest. The supplier was good and the price fair. Recommended on the whole.

Page: 1 | 2