Profile for E Strange > Reviews

Content by E Strange

E Strange "Crispy" (Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB - With Special Offers [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 16 April 2014
I was given the opportunity to buy this Kindle as my previous Kindle had died! I'm so glad I took up the offer as this Kindle is a joy to own, and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of purchasing one.

Silent Revenge
Silent Revenge
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A recommended good read!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Silent Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book very much. The main characters were strong and the storyline dealt with deafness in society at that time well. The only downside was the author using the phrase "she/he swallowed past the lump in her/his throat" too many times which became somewhat annoying!

Lost and Found
Lost and Found
Price: 2.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Romance, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Lost and Found (Kindle Edition)
I'm very pleased I downloaded and read this book. It is very easy to read and deals with the loss of the hero's hearing sympathetically and the heroine's determination to prove to him this wasn't a barrier to their love for one another. The other characters in the book fitted well in the story, and it was a joy to read a book that had been edited properly! Would strongly recommend this book.

The Sea Rose
The Sea Rose
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Not another pirate story I hear you say . . ., 4 April 2013
This review is from: The Sea Rose (Kindle Edition)
. . . well actually yes, it is, but it is a very good pirate story. Don't be put off by the fact that it only has 70 odd pages because the book is very well written and has plenty of action both on the sea and off the sea, and it has been written without all the boring details that can often ruin a good storyline. I only have one small criticism of the book and that is the fact that the two main characters fall in love with each other rather too quickly for my liking. But, hey, I can live with that as the story was so good, and that is why I gave it five stars.

The Counterfeit Cavalier, Volume Two:  Mr. Dalrymple Revealed
The Counterfeit Cavalier, Volume Two: Mr. Dalrymple Revealed
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 22 Jan 2013
In order to fully enjoy the storyline, you will need to read all four books in the The Counterfeit Cavalier. The first three are short reads, and introduces the reader to the main characters in the story, and some of the plot. Volume Four is a full length book, and brings the plot and characters to a gripping end. I would not recommend these books as being 'stand alone' volumes. All in all, a good read.

LEGO Creator 6914: T-Rex
LEGO Creator 6914: T-Rex
Offered by BricksHub
Price: 39.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lego, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: LEGO Creator 6914: T-Rex (Toy)
I purchased this Lego item for my 6+ year old Grandson who loved it! It is good value for money because you can make three different shapes with it. Highly recommended for children who like to make things.

Geomag Panels Set (36 Pieces)
Geomag Panels Set (36 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, value for money item., 6 Jan 2013
Good, value for money item. My 4 yr old grandson had great fun putting the pieces together with other family members! Recommended.

The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage by Scandal Book 1)
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage by Scandal Book 1)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read if you've got nothing else to read!, 11 Dec 2012
This was a pleasant story about two people thrown together to avoid a scandal not of their making. In the main, the book was well written, though I did get really annoyed with the amount of times the words "he/she/they rolled their eyes" were written! At one point I thought I wouldn't be able to finish the book, but was glad I ploughed on with it, though, as with a lot of books, the ending seemed too rushed for my liking, which is why I only gave it three stars.

Heartless
Heartless
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read ... but ..., 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Heartless (Kindle Edition)
... I really did enjoy reading this book and getting to know the main characters as well as the minor characters written into the story. The anguish of the Duke and the sensibilities of his bride were good and I had to keep turning the pages to find out what was going to happen to them next! Unfortunately, for me the 'spoiler' was the rather abrupt ending! I felt there should, perhaps, have been a prologue in which they both declare their love for one another and that they had had, after all the sadness they experienced, the son (and heir) or daughter, that they both so desperately wanted.

Undoing One's Enemy
Undoing One's Enemy
Price: 1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant story ruined . . ., 15 Nov 2012
If you can get past the words missed out, the words not needed, the dreadful grammar and spelling errors, this book was really rather enjoyable and I'm glad I persevered with it until the end, which I felt finished rather abruptly. Like the previous reviewer said, there were some very odd words/spellings used for the year in which the book was meant to be set in, such as 'pants' and 'prat'! A good 'overhaul' of this book to correct the obvious mistakes would enhance it greatly, and though I would love to have given the book 4 stars, in its present state it really is only deserving of 3 stars.

Page: 1 | 2