Profile for C. SWALLOW > Reviews

Content by C. SWALLOW

C. SWALLOW (Bootle, England)

The X Tour: Live (Limited Edition)
The X Tour: Live (Limited Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb performance from America's finest prog band!, 28 May 2012
The quality of the cds is top notch, and the live performances are superb. The visuals are rather basic to be honest, and sometimes the view is switched to blurred - intentional or not I don't know. Nevertheless, it's a good value package and highly recommended, especially to fans of SB's last album X. (For me, probably their strongest album.)

Under the Iron Sea
Under the Iron Sea
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect pop album!, 1 Aug 2007
This review is from: Under the Iron Sea (Audio CD)
I am a prog rock fan. Always have been, always will be. Nevertheless, I do like a change sometimes. And this is a refreshing change indeed! A truly amazing album. I have their debut, Hopes & Fears, which is excellent too, but this one is a step above not only that but pretty much anything else in the pop world. From start to finish this album, song by song, grabs your attention. Ridiculously catchy melodies combine with great keyboard work and high quality singing to produce a future classic of its type. With songs of this calibre, it's really down to personal taste what your favourites and least favourites will be. For me, Hamburg Song is my least fave, being a little too slow, though it's not in anyways a bad track.
Favourites? Well, Crystal Ball, The Frog Prince, Atlantic, Is It Any Wonder, all vie for top spot. But, above all these I would put the phenomenal Leaving So Soon. Gorgeous melody and an out of this world chorus combine to produce a classic. I never get tired of playing this album. I can't recommend it highly enough.