Profile for AndrewHX > Reviews

Content by AndrewHX

AndrewHX "Andyhx" (NorthWest UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Toshiba HDTB105EK3AA 500GB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin., 25 July 2014
Easy to set up and use, light and obviously very portable.

JAY World® Drive Safe Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit. The Original Multipoint Bluetooth Speakerphone. Supports: Apple iPhone, Samsung, Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Google Nexus 4, Blackberry, HTC, Sony, Nokia and any Bluetooth enabled device. Safer Driving. Low power consumption and DSP (Digital Signal Processing) for echo cancellation and noise suppression providing pure clear sound. Charged via laptop/pc or in car. Automatic switch off function after disconnection with phone saving power.
Offered by JAY World Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price you can't complain., 25 July 2014
This is perfectly functionable for hands free receiving calls. It does not understand me when I try to voice dial but maybe I need to voice train my phone.
I also tried it out as a media player but the sound quality is not great.

For the price I paid I'm happy with it but maybe in time I will upgrade as I like to listen to media on long drives and my car radio/CD player does not allow for that.

Pasante Delay Condoms x 48
Pasante Delay Condoms x 48
Offered by Max Medsurge

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a condom!, 27 Dec 2013
How you supposed to review a condom? You put it on, you do the business and avoid getting messy. My wife isn't pregnant (which would be a miracle if she was given her age) so I guess they work....

A Brooklyn Nightmare (Flash Fiction Book 1)
A Brooklyn Nightmare (Flash Fiction Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 27 Dec 2013
Rubbish short story. It was free on Kindle so I can't really complain. I think it took me 5 minutes to read it, it's that short. Don't really know why anyone would go to the trouble of publishing it.

TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function, Easy Configuration)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 27 Dec 2013
OK so my hub is in the hall and the TV, PC and Laptops are in the living room with a wall in between. I was led to believe this wouldn't be a problem but I can't say it's really improved performance. In fact the desktop, which is furthest away was really poor. I ended up plugging the wireless dongle back in (desktop doesn't have a wireless internet card).
The main thing is, it's stopped the TV bugging out, and I can now watch iPlayer in peace, so in that respect it's OK, but at £25 I expected a little more.
On balance, given the performance I think I may have explored other solutions.

Compatible Epson Stylus SX235W Ink Cartridges 4X Black 4X Cyan 4X Magenta 4X Yellow (16-Pack)
Offered by Mega Deals XL Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, 27 Dec 2013
work perfectly at a fraction of the price of original Epson parts. What more can you ask for? No problems with them whatsoever...

The Great Gatsby [DVD] [2013]
The Great Gatsby [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad yarn!, 27 Dec 2013
OK, so it's a Baz Lurhman movie and not one I was looking forward to, but my daughter loves it so I bought it her for Christmas. It's all glitz and glamour without that much substance but it was watchable enough and free from any sort of graphic sex or violence (that will put a few off!).
Di Caprio is very good, as he always is as the film spins a tale of the idle rich at play and unrequited love. Had enough to keep me entertained for a couple of hours anyway....

Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Well paced action game from the Max Payne stable taking you from New York to Sao Paulo. The usual "bullet time" is present here and more than likely you will need it. Very experienced gamers may find it a little easy but it was just about right for me. I loved it.

Logitech Z120 Stereo Speakers
Logitech Z120 Stereo Speakers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Speakers, 26 Aug 2013
Quality sound, good feel. Lightweight but don't feel cheap. Ideal for laptops, tablets, phones etc. Little bit big to be carrying around in a laptop bag etc.

Archos Arnova 7 inch Tablet (8GB Memory, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 1Ghz Processor)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing....., 17 Mar 2013
my wife bought me this last Christmas. I was holding off buying a tablet until I could properly investigate the market and see what was what. Where to start?
Don't know if it my internet connection (which works fine wire-lessly on the PC and my wife's laptop) but the internet is painfully slow on this tablet. I'm talking minutes here to bring up a page. BBC iPlayer - forget about it. Watch 2 minutes then it crashes and tells you there may be a connection problem. I have failed to watch a single programme on it. I was at my friends house and could only sit back in envy when he showed me his blazingly fast Samsung. I have taken it to a free wifi spot and it did not really perform any better.
The battery life. It hurts when I see other reviewers claiming good battery life. I'm not saying they are lying but it hurts that I am getting nowhere near. With the wifi on, your talking less than 2 hours. Even with it turned off maybe 4-5 at a pinch. I recently took it away on a trip for use on the plane thinking I could watch a movie, do some reading and listen to some music. Used it for about an hour and a half going out and maybe an hour coming back and could not even finish the movie.
No complaints about the quality of picture or sound and you can put Kindle on it along with Google Play. If you want to play Angry Birds and Coin Dozer then it's great. At the minute it's gathering dust. I have hardly used it for 3 weeks and I have to figure out whether to tell the wife I'm replacing it or wait until Christmas and "suggest" a tablet upgrade.
I'm not one to criticize cheaper products, I do tend to operate at the lower end of the market or wait until the price comes down for the higher end stuff. Maybe I just got a dud but it kills me that this item does not do what I want it to and I'm not expecting iPad quality.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2014 2:07 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3