Profile for Mr. J. B. Rawlins > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Eyelevel Dragonfly 1 Boy's Sunglasses Blue One Size
Eyelevel Dragonfly 1 Boy's Sunglasses Blue One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyelevel sunglasses - the best for boys!, 22 July 2013
I'm really impressed with these Eyelevel sunglasses. They are tough and the lenses are much better than most kids glasses. I've bought five pairs of different designs so far for my three boys (1 pair lost + 1 pair outgrown). Great fit and cool looking for young kids at a good price.

5 Pin Din MIDI Plug To 3.5mm Jack Stereo Plug Audio Cable 2m
5 Pin Din MIDI Plug To 3.5mm Jack Stereo Plug Audio Cable 2m
Offered by kenable_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Bang & Olufsen £20 cable, 22 July 2013
I needed to connect a Bang & Olufsen system to my iPhone or anything else with a 3.5 headphone socket. This is a fraction of the cost of a Bang & Olufsen original cable, but at only 2 meters long this 5 din to 3.5 jack cable works just as well. Now any device with a headphone socket can play via the system's Aux socket with great quality sound.

Red Men's Theory Helmets - Grey EU, X-Large
Red Men's Theory Helmets - Grey EU, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfy, 28 Mar 2013
Great snowboard helmet. RED are one of the few that offer helmets in XL 60cm + size. I wore this for 10 days of snowboarding and found it to be very comfortable and light. It was also warm enough to wear in -10C temps without a skull cap underneath. It is also very breathable with ample vents. I wore it with my large lensed Dragon APX googles, the fit was great & looked good too. There were openable vents under the peak of this helmet which stopped my goggles from fogging up.

BRITA Elemaris Meter XL White Water Filter Jug
BRITA Elemaris Meter XL White Water Filter Jug

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Meter Design!, 6 Feb 2013
The new multi-function water meter on these jugs have a design fault. The meter fails in less than a year, so you have no idea when to replace the filter unit.

I've had one new free replacement meter sent out to me from Brita and this has also failed after a few months use. I have just requested another, hopefully this will be free too.

I owned an older design jug before this with the simple 4 week countdown meter and had no problems whatsoever.

I would not buy one of these new 'multi-meter' jugs until Brita offer an improved design. Not happy :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2013 4:56 PM GMT

£1 Coin Key Ring Trolley Token Metal Holder
£1 Coin Key Ring Trolley Token Metal Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the £1 gym lockers, 26 Nov 2012
As a regular gym user I was forever leaving my pound in the locker or forgetting to bring one with me. On a few occasions I had to leave the locker unlocked, with my outdoor gear in. But after having my jacket '(ahem)...re-located' to a different locker by another gym user I decided to buy one of these. On receipt I was happy to find it was better quality than I expected. The ring itself is strong and a decent size, I have 6 house keys on it with room for more. The £1 is held securely by a spring mechanism and I'm not worried that it could fall out of the holder at any point. The coin is quick and easy to remove and replace too. A bonus is that it's plain to see when I've let the coin in the locker, so no more missing coins. Recommended for any regular locker users.

Komputerbay PC3-10600 16GB (2x 8GB) 204-Pin 1333MHz SODIMM Laptop Speicher Mac Memory for Apple Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory at a great price, 26 Nov 2012
This memory was well packaged in anti-static bags and very simple to install. I used it to increase my iMac's RAM from 4GB to it's 16GB maximum. With 4 busy user accounts on one machine it was becoming sluggish at times, but now my iMac is faster than ever. Applications open much quicker than before and there is no lag despite 4 users having apps left open on the same iMac. I have been involved with computers and the industry since the 1980's and in my experience most memory comes from a certain few manufacturers in the far east and I wouldn't be surprised if this memory is supplied and rebadged for other more well known companies at a higher price. Looking at the Amazon reviews this memory is much more popular than other more expensive RAM and by the law of averages a few will fail, but this is true for any RAM, just a simple static shock can damage it. This ram was simple to install and has ran faultlessly for a relatively low outlay considering the dramatic increase in performance. Highly recommended for any Mac.

Accessory Agents Cable Tidy
Accessory Agents Cable Tidy
Offered by AudioVisual Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 Jan 2010
Impressed with this cable tidy, but it was shipped to me in a broken box with the instructions missing, so it took me a while to figure out how to use the enclosed tool.

The tool itself is quite sturdy and makes short & easy work of enclosing cables. I enclosed 4 power cables in it no problem and it looks so much neater behind the tv system now.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2011 11:54 AM GMT

Cotton Peg Bag 30cm Sophie Allport Strawberries and Cream ALL1605
Cotton Peg Bag 30cm Sophie Allport Strawberries and Cream ALL1605

5.0 out of 5 stars A well made, strong peg bag, 6 Jan 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
My wife loves this peg bag. It seems to be very well made with good stitching and a very strong hanger.

It is left outside all day with the washing and has easily withstood two years of sunshine & showers without any problems, other than a slight fading of the colours.

It holds about 150 pegs and is well worth the price.

Pirate Telescope
Pirate Telescope

5.0 out of 5 stars A great play telescope, 6 Jan 2010
This review is from: Pirate Telescope (Toy)
This is an great play or fancy dress telescope. I bought it for my 3yr old son & he loves using it for imaginary play.

This telescope is 202mm (269mm extended) can be focused by twisting and has a rubber eye piece to make it comfortable to look through. Once focused the image is quite sharp. I'm not sure what the magnification is, but at a guess it seems to be around 3x zoom.

Overall I'm impressed with this telescope, it's much better than I expected. It seems well made and has proved very resilient to my son's enthusiastic use!

OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring Jug, 500 ml
OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring Jug, 500 ml
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Jugs, 28 Nov 2009
This jug makes it quick and easy to measure liquids, without having to bend down and drip the liquid in gradually to reach the desired level. Liquids can be poured in and read easily from above, as a result the right measurement is usually acheved in one pour as it is so easy to read.

This jug has a nice, chunky non slip handle, but the whole thing is made of plastic & I'm not sure about pouring in boiling water or sticking it in the microwave, but at least this makes it harder to break than my previous Pyrex jug which I dropped onto the kitchen floor smashing it into pieces.

Overall I'd recommend it & I'd like the larger size one too :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3