Profile for cjb > Reviews

Hail To The King
Hail To The King
Price: 11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album, if you liked early nineties rock, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hail To The King (Audio CD)
A great album, if you liked early nineties rock: some of it sounds so like Meallica's black album, you'll think it's them, and there's some Megadeth-a-like in there too. I couldn't stop playing it for the first couple of weeks. Recording quality is great too, unlike Metallica's most recent offerings, which i have only listened to once because of the woeful sound.

The Shape We're In: How Junk Food and Diets are Shortening Our Lives
The Shape We're In: How Junk Food and Diets are Shortening Our Lives
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Other than that it's a good, informative book, 16 Aug 2014
I found the continuous message that people have no choice a bit tiring; it's true that overprocessed high fat, high sugar food is easier and cheaper than the healthier alternatives, and that we're often conned by the global food firms, but (as an overweight middle-aged bloke myself), it's not true that we don't have a choice: it's just *easier* to eat crap- and I'll do exactly that far too often. Other than that it's a good, informative book.

The Way Inn
The Way Inn
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, starts feeling just like a parody of ..., 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Way Inn (Kindle Edition)
Great book, starts feeling just like a parody of the business conference world and the soulless, corporate blandness of chain hotels, turns into a Matrix-like other world of sci-fi. I found it a very engaging read.

British Seaside Piers
British Seaside Piers
by Tim Phillips
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book. The intro's a bit dry, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: British Seaside Piers (Paperback)
Fantastic book. The intro's a bit dry, but the sections on each pier are great, informative and nicely illustrated with good photos.

Accidental Hitman
Accidental Hitman
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, with a good few laughs, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Accidental Hitman (Kindle Edition)
Great book, with a good few laughs, and some tension too. The characters are believable, and entertaining. The only criticism I'd say is that the very end feels a bit rushed, but I enjoyed the book a great deal.

Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Go-Shop Limited
Price: 123.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 22 Mar 2014
Bought for my wife to replace a Nokia 302. The phone is great value, performs very well, and has good battery life. My only criticism would be no micro-SD slot.

Seven for a Secret (Gods of Gotham 2)
Seven for a Secret (Gods of Gotham 2)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 4 Feb 2014
A good sequel to Gods of Gotham, this kept my attention well, and you get a real feel for 19th century New York.

EiioX Mini ELM327 Interface V1.5 Bluetooth OBD-II OBD2 Auto Car Diagnostic Scan Tool
Offered by moonar
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 4 Feb 2014
Up and working in seconds with Torque Pro and my 2006 Leon, logging live data with no trouble. Can't go wrong at the price.

How To Be Dead
How To Be Dead
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: How To Be Dead (Kindle Edition)
Got this on a promotion for the low, low price of nothing, but it's still an absolute bargain at the asking price. It's a great book, anyone liking Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams should find plenty to like here. My only complaint is that I finished it far too quickly...

WTF?
WTF?
Price: 2.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, easy reading, 23 April 2013
This review is from: WTF? (Kindle Edition)
If you've read the author's other books, you'll find some stuff very familiar, but that's no problem. I found it entertaining and funny, and let's face it, it's not a lot of money.

Page: 1 | 2