Profile for magnus7773 > Reviews

"magnus7773"

Ultra-Obscene
Ultra-Obscene

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crispest Beats, 17 Jun 2005
This review is from: Ultra-Obscene (Audio CD)
I would have to agree with other reviewers who have written that this is the greatest D'n'B album ever. In the early 90's this music really spoke to me, labels like Moving Shadow, Metalheadz, Emotiv and Creative Source (to name but a few)reeling off tune after tune for moody, chaotic weekends. Unfortunately either changes to myself or changes in the music made it seem boring and rather samey after a while. I don't see Goldie's Timeless as being that, I listened to it again recently and it bored me, sounded weak and I found myself skipping through it rapidly - this however, is an exception to any rule. Put this on a good Hi-Fi, close all the doors and turn it up loud. This is music for confined spaces, this is claustrophobic,urban and dark. The beats are so, so crisp - the epitomy of hard stepping break beat, the lyrics bite and the Bass churns. There is so much attitude and confidence here, DJ Die and Roni Size at the top of their game (they are two of the best anyway)and there is intelligence too, this isn't music for dummies or drug casualties and its not NOISE, it's so clearly and cleverly consructed. I could go on for ages, I admire this album so much, 1,000 words for each of the tracks - quite simply the best of its genre. This album makes you feel hard as nails.