Profile for C. Clark > Reviews

Content by C. Clark

C. Clark "The Makem" (England)

The Tunnel [DVD]
The Tunnel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Dillane
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison with The Bridge, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Tunnel [DVD] (DVD)
I have seen reviews of this series comparing it with the original, ie The Bridge. The comments, I think, are unfair. I too started to watch this with apprehension. It was made clear from the start as far as I could see, that it was a remake of the earlier series, The Bridge was/is brilliant. This, The Tunnel, did not let me down. OK, it was a copy, but, so what? All I can say is I watched, I knew what was going to happen and guess what, I enjoyed it. It was different enough to make it, well, different. The acting was good, it was interesting to see a different take on the initial series and the fact that I'd seen the original series had no impact on my enjoyment. I recommend that you watch it. I have the Bridge, 1 and 2, and The Tunnel will be joining them on the shelf. Great stuff. Thank you BBC4.

Cruel Sea [DVD]
Cruel Sea [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Hawkins
Price: 3.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Best British War Film Ever!, 31 Mar 2009
This review is from: Cruel Sea [DVD] (DVD)
This is my favourite war film, without question. Brilliantly put together. Have watched it countless times and will watch it again and again. The characters are great, especially Jack Hawkins. This is a must for all British film fans, absolutley outstanding.

The Star (Region 2) [2002] [DVD]
The Star (Region 2) [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alexei Kravchenko
Offered by ludovico_institute
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great war film, 31 Mar 2009
Got this on the strength of watching Come and See. Bit slow to start with but couldn't stop watching by the end. Well made, good characters, very different to war films made in the west. Not sensationalised, gripping. Well worth the money. Will definitely be watching it again.

Sophie Scholl - The Final Days [2005] [DVD]
Sophie Scholl - The Final Days [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Jentsch
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Colins comments, 28 Mar 2009
Trust me, this is a great film. All of the great reviews that went before are right, this should/must be watched. A great, and unknown to me, story, very different. I trusted the reviews, I was not disappointed, absorbing!