Profile for Art Monkey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer
Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simpily the best Juicer on the market., 13 April 2014
A Great juicer at this price. Had it for years now and still in perfect working order. Makes lovely juice and is easy to clean afterwards. I would highly recommend this Juicer!

Premier Housewares Floorstanding Cabinet - 80 x 33 x 30 cm - Black/ White
Premier Housewares Floorstanding Cabinet - 80 x 33 x 30 cm - Black/ White
Offered by Home Discount Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst build quality i have ever laid eyes on!!!, 11 Oct 2013
Cabinet door doesn't close properly... drawer doesn't close properly. To top it off you get lovely plastic handles! :/ Returning to amazon for a full refund! Avoid this piece of crap!

Back Into the Woods
Back Into the Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning. Im Glad That Ed Harcourt Is still a secret gem, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Back Into the Woods (Audio CD)
Ed Harcourt Is simply one of the best british song writers making music today, yet somehow manages to still remain an obscures name within music scene? Radio Dj's are to busy polluting the airwaves with generic boy band/ girl band crap that really music!, real talent! gets totally overlooked. I Haven't been able to stop listening to this album. It has really struck a cord with me hence me writing this review. I am astonished to see a customer review which has given 1 star! That reviewer is obviously deaf or has no soul? I urge you to listen to the 'cusp and the wayne', 'the pretty girls' and 'the man that time forgot' and not be bowled over by these brutally honest troubadour type ballads. For me this is one of Ed Harcourt's Best albums and and Im thankful that someone is still making good meaningful music.

OXO Good Grips Big Button Soap/ Lotion Dispenser
OXO Good Grips Big Button Soap/ Lotion Dispenser

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid! Bought 10 Dec 2012 Broke 12 April 2013, 13 April 2013
Looked nice and worked well while it lasted but broke four months later which I'm not very happy about. The pump mechanism finally gave in and soap was spurting out the sides when pressed. If like me you don't have a dishwasher and do your dishes by hand, then I'd avoid this as it is obviously not made to withstand everyday use. I wouldn't recommend this product and certainly wouldn't buy again. I am now going to try the penguin looking soap dispenser which seems to have better reviews. Hopefully this one will be able withstand a daily pumping? :)
Umbra Penguin Soap Pump, Black

Bored To Death - Season 1 (HBO) [DVD] [2011]
Bored To Death - Season 1 (HBO) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jason Schwartzman

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest show I have ever had he pleasure of watching, 3 Nov 2012
This is quite simply the funniest show I have ever had he pleasure of watching. Great script, great plots and hilarious actors. You will not regret investing time in bored to death!!!

Philip Guston: Retrospective
Philip Guston: Retrospective
by Philip Guston

1.0 out of 5 stars An Incomplete look at a great painter, 11 Sep 2012
I saw this retrospective in 2004 at the royal academy and was surprised to see so many of Guston's great paintings missing from this show. However being a fan of Guston this didn't stop me from ordering the catalogue at a later date anyway. The first thing I noticed was that the catalogue has even more paintings missing than the exhibition did, and to add insult to injury the reproductions of the paintings are small and not of the greatest quality! I find it rediclous that this is called a retrospective when its so incomplete. Im sure at some point there'll be a far superious overview publish on the life and work of this great painter, so until then I'd save your hard earned cash!

Picasso
Picasso
by Philippe Dagen

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Picasso, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Picasso (Hardcover)
Having never been able to find really good book on Picasso I decided to take a chance on this one despite the hefty price. This book is simply stunning and it is of the highest quality. This has all Picasso's greatest works and many great essays. I would highly recommend this book!

Heaven
Heaven
Offered by zoverstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The Walkmen on top form as usual., 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
let's face it, when we all first hear the Walkmen's records back in the day we were enchanted. But who else woke up one day, ten years on, and realised that Walkmen had quietly become their favourite band of the decade without them even realising it? I love how they just carved up a little' space for themselves away from all the indie bonanza and kept polishing their own thing until it became this. Simply put.....This album is stunning. The Walkmen can do no wrong in my eyes.

Sennheiser HD 558 High End Open Over-Ear Headphones with E.A.R. Technology
Sennheiser HD 558 High End Open Over-Ear Headphones with E.A.R. Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Headphones!, 29 Dec 2011
I did quite a bit of research on these headphones before buying them. Im not disappointed! The sound quality went beyond my expectations! My music collection has a new lease of life thanks to these bad boys!

Boardwalk Empire - Season 1 (HBO) [DVD] [2012]
Boardwalk Empire - Season 1 (HBO) [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Steve Buscemi

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning TV show!!!, 12 Dec 2011
This is simply a great series! The best thing on TV along with Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Im making my way threw season 2 just now and it gets even better. You really get into the characters which is sign of good show. I cant recommend this series highly enough. Just buy it and see for yourself!

Page: 1 | 2