Profile for Donald > Reviews

Content by Donald

Donald (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Be Careful What You Wish For (Clifton Chronicles Book 4)
Be Careful What You Wish For (Clifton Chronicles Book 4)
Price: 5.31

2.0 out of 5 stars I won't be bothering with the next episode!, 11 April 2014
The book does not hold together in it's own right so as much as I enjoy JA's writing it is a miserable two stars from me. Initially one is faced with picking up year old story line and an unsatisfactory ending reminds me of the 'followy-uppers' we used to attend on Saturday morning cinema in the 1950's. We all know that all the Barringtons are not going to be killed off so why play that card?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III 24 - 105 Kit Digital SLR (DSLR) Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III 24 - 105 Kit Digital SLR (DSLR) Camera
Offered by JVA Trading Audio Products
Price: 2,771.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beast!, 14 Feb 2014
After three Canon cameras 850, 450D and 700D, took the plunge and went for full frame. Results so far have been superb though confined to portraits and landscapes. The jury is still out on the 24-105mm zoom lens that came with it. I have been using a 50mm f1.4 USM lens for most of the photos which has produced crystal clear images. I have also tried out my old 70-300 IS USM lens and have not been overjoyed with results. The 100-400 L zoom lens appears attractive but am concerned about the weight - my bag already seems to weigh a ton!

Sterling Silver Drop Earrings With 10mm Beads
Sterling Silver Drop Earrings With 10mm Beads
Offered by Silveh Jewellery
Price: 24.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Same complaint as for Tear Drop 925 Silver Hook Earrings, 29 Jan 2014
Bought for my wife. She lost one within days due to the lack of a stud to keep them from slipping off.

Tear Drop 925 Silver Hook Earrings
Tear Drop 925 Silver Hook Earrings
Offered by Treasure Box Ltd
Price: 8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost one within hours!, 29 Jan 2014
Bought for my wife. She lost one within hours blaming the lack of a stud to stop them slipping off!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III For Dummies
Canon EOS 5D Mark III For Dummies
Price: 13.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really usable, 29 Jan 2014
I bought the kindle edition for an Ipad - it is not really usable as a reference - you need the paper edition.

Marware UpSurge Rechargeable Mini Speaker, Black
Marware UpSurge Rechargeable Mini Speaker, Black
Price: 13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT WORK!, 20 Oct 2013
If like me you bought a case for your Kindle Fire HD then you will discover that this speaker does not work. While it may work if the case is removed I was not prepared to find out. You may also be interested to know that the speaker works with my Ipad while still contained in it's case. Mind you the sound quality is pretty poor. In conclusion, DO NOT BUY IT!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2013 1:24 PM GMT

iTuner Deluxe Radio
iTuner Deluxe Radio
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: iTuner Deluxe Radio (App)
Tried it for BBC and RTE radio stations. The product did not function. Nada! Did not work! Did not work!

Ocean Waves: Rest, Relax, Unwind
Ocean Waves: Rest, Relax, Unwind
Price: 0.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable gap as the video repeats quite often., 11 Oct 2013
The scene is great. The sound of the sea is not convincing, The audible gap when the tape repeats for me ruins the effect.

Meditation Oasis Podcast App
Meditation Oasis Podcast App
Price: 1.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Speaker has very pleasant voice, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Meditation Oasis Podcast App (App)
My wife who is very in to meditation liked the product and I found the lady speaker's voice very restful and relaxing.

Dream Moods Dream Dictionary
Dream Moods Dream Dictionary
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Gobble-de-gook!, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dream Moods Dream Dictionary (App)
Have just looked a few words. I keyed in 'elephant' and the response was that I must be suffering from 'impatience'. Would you believe that even if you had dreamed about an elephant.

Page: 1 | 2