Profile for A. White > Reviews

Content by A. White

A. White

Page: 1 | 2
ZTE V967S Quad-core MTK6589 5.0 Inch QHD with Android4.2 1.2GHz Dual Sim Dual Cam

3.0 out of 5 stars A good rom away from perfection for the money, 24 Sep 2013
First off I have owned a lot of phones from iPhone's to windows 8 and high end Android phone so know what good looks like, this is relatively chunky, and large in the hand. The screen is ok, not great and you can see the wires in the digitizer.
The screen itself has very good viewing angles and the colors are not bad, it does have a fairly low resolution, falling between the original iPhone and retina, best described as adequate rather than sharp.
The camera is fairly rubbish, with pretty bad compression and poor detail.
Sound is good and speaker clarity is as good as any other standard mobile.
Battery life is great on account of the energy efficient CPU and crazy size battery.
Performance is astonishing, I had a tegra 3 LG p880 before this and this feels much much much slicker I really cannot emphasise that point enough this feels a very fast phone. I have played 3d games such as judge dredd and this runs it smooth as butter.
I haven't used the dual sim facility but will say 3g performance is poor expect 2mbps Max out of this no matter where you are, my LG gave 6 and my Samsung ativ gave 11!!
This phone problem is software. There are some very slick Samsung s4 roms out there that are great but the problem with them is they crash all the time with Bluetooth and calls. I have tried several and I am forever being"reset" with prompts for sim pin. But for this we would definitely be looking at4 stars. Will update if get a decent rom.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 5:52 PM BST

SMC 7904WBRA-N ADSL2/2+ Barricade N Pro 2.4GHz 300Mbps Wireless 4-port Switch Modem Router & N Pro 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Sounded promising, the reality was a lot different, 27 Mar 2011
OK purchased this on the strength of all the reviews on the net and either I have a dud or I am just stressing the unit far more but I get regular cut outs with the unit rebooting itself. It is fine until you try streaming video or other strenuous task. Speed is absolutely fine when it is working as is signal strength, wouldn't say it was a significant step up from the BT Homehub 2.0 I was using it to replace. If I were a betting man I would say heat was the cause since it does feel very hot on the top and base of the unit. May have a go at modifying the case and updating the review when I have the results.

Sennheiser CX 300 - High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Pink
Sennheiser CX 300 - High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than ipod headphones, 8 Jan 2010
Look good, sound good, good price, well made - massive step up from ipod headphones and also as an added bonus don't advertise to everyone 'come rob me I have an ipod!'

Sony Portable Bluetooth Transmitter
Sony Portable Bluetooth Transmitter
Offered by Cobalt Innovations

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent easy to use product but......, 8 Jan 2010
This item works great, when it works. Firstly if you are looking at this item ensure that the headphones being paired use the code 0000 else they will not work as was the case with some sagem headphones I have.
These are perfect for listening to music with but not great for video since there is slight lag meaning voice are out of sync with images, sound quality seems fine as does transmission range/quality.

Greatest Hits, Vol. 1: The Singles
Greatest Hits, Vol. 1: The Singles

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal if you just want the stand out songs, 8 Dec 2009
Unusually for a greatest hits album the majority of great songs are on here, true fans will obviously buy the back catalogue (I have several of their other albums but bought this so had an album to take in the car). If you bought this and 'What I Learned About Ego, Opinion, Art & Commerce' then you will cover pretty much all the important goo bases.

Paper Walls
Paper Walls
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Not their best, 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: Paper Walls (Audio CD)
In summary, liked this because I enjoyed oceans Avenue, this album isn't as good, bit heavier and lyrics not so rhythmic OK but no stand out songs to my ears

Lights And Sounds
Lights And Sounds

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best, 8 Dec 2009
This review is from: Lights And Sounds (Audio CD)

Roberts CRD-39 DAB Radio
Roberts CRD-39 DAB Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as dab clock radio gets, 6 Dec 2009
Sound Quality:
Very clear sound - good crisp high frequencies do not expect ANY real bass from this system, the speakers are too small and the enclosure too shallow, there is no fancy trickery in this box to mimic bass like boss systems etc and it isnt particularly loud.

Alarm clock
Easy to set up alarms, without looking at the manual was setting the alarm within 30 seconds of receiving the unit. A couple of notes - to stop setting alarms you need to press the on/off button on the unit whilst the volume is set to what ever the volume is when you set the alarm. A favourite feature of the system for me is that the unit automatically dims the display as there is a built in sensor meaning it isnt too bright when you go to sleep and you can see it fine when the lights come on.

Radio signal is fine had no problems tuning all the stations in or storing them in memory.

All in all very happy with the unit, would be perfect if bass was better and was a little louder so could use it to play my TV through.

Swissgear  Ga-7333-17f00 Jonas 15.4" Backpack Purple
Swissgear Ga-7333-17f00 Jonas 15.4" Backpack Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as bags get, 22 Mar 2009
Quite simply this is the best bag I have ever purchased - it is comfortable to wear there are plenty of pockets without there being 'too many' and it seems to hold far more than you would expect it to, not to mention the incredible build quality.

Western Digital Caviar Blue  640GB SATAII  16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB SATAII 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM
Offered by Cambridge Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Top value for money, 17 Feb 2009
I dont really need to say a lot since pro reviews are available for this drive but I found it to be very fast, much quieter than my previous 250gb seagate and is a good price too

Page: 1 | 2