Profile for Robin Graham > Reviews

Content by Robin Graham

Robin Graham "cryptogram" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chinese Scooters Service and Repair Manual (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
Chinese Scooters Service and Repair Manual (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by Phil Mather
Price: 16.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Chinese scooter manual, 15 Feb 2014
I wanted to be able to put a wiring harness onto part of a bike that I'd bought, but there was no wiring diagram and no explanation of what the 'little black boxes' were on the new loom. The pictures in all Haynes manuals are photos so not as easy to make out the bits as if they were line drawings.

Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Starter Kit
Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Starter Kit
Price: 69.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable wifi in any room with a mains socket, 15 Feb 2014
The wifi range extender which I had been using did not work so well when I changed broadband providers and I found that I was no longer able to get a good reliable signal in one specific room - where I needed it. I saw the Devolo ad and it looked a good solution. It provides a signal in any room that has a mains electricity supply (the router signal being transmitted to other rooms by this means) and in the room where you want the signal you just plug a unit into the mains socket and it beams a wifi signal into that room. If you want to change the room just take out the unit and plug it into a socket in the other room. Just marvellous.

24 HOUR DIGITAL IMMERSION HEATER TIMER LG-DIHT
24 HOUR DIGITAL IMMERSION HEATER TIMER LG-DIHT
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993
Price: 16.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Immersion heater timer, 8 Oct 2013
Excellent. Replaced my old one and was easy to install and set up, and has worked well. Would recommend it.

Philips PowerTouch PT860 Dual Precision Rechargeable Electric Shaver
Philips PowerTouch PT860 Dual Precision Rechargeable Electric Shaver
Price: 67.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips shaver, 8 Oct 2013
This really gives me a good shave. Some of the reviews I'd read said it was under-powered. Thing is, it's so silent that it sounds like it hasn't any power. But it just has, and does the job very well. The disappointing bit is that it doesn't have a battery meter like my old Remington did so I presume it will just run out mid-shave. Pity.

Good Ideas Best Selling Waterproof Sealant Paste- Seal Fix seals instantly, apply to wet or damp surfaces. Bitumen, tar and asbestos free.
Offered by TLC Originals Limited
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Roof sealer, 8 Oct 2013
I needed something to stop my asbestos shed roof from dripping at various points, and this stuff did the trick. I was led to believe you could apply it when the asbestos was wet but not so. You had to find the leak, mark it and put the sealant on when it had dried because it would n ot stick to wet asbestos. But no problem. Once it had dried it was well waterproof - and I'm talking about applying it from the inside.

Epson Perfection V330 LED Photo Scanner (4800dpi)
Epson Perfection V330 LED Photo Scanner (4800dpi)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good scanner at a reasonable price, 11 April 2013
So far I have had no problems with this scanner and would recommend it to anyone who wants one. No facility for slides, though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 6:54 PM GMT

Fermat's Last Theorem
Fermat's Last Theorem
by Simon Singh
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Fermat's Last Theorem (Paperback)
Excellent book, although it seems a little as though a story has been made out of a rather drab subject.

Samsung CLP-320/ CLP-325 Rainbow Colour Ink Toner Kit - Black/ Cyan/ Magenta/ Yellow
Price: 109.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine toner, 11 April 2013
What else can one say? It does what it says it'll do, which is to print documents. I think it's quite expensive though. I haven't done a per sheet cost but my impression is that it's more than my old Epson (which was only mono)

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Easy Reach Pruner
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Easy Reach Pruner
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 11 April 2013
Does what it says on the tin. Very sharp and light. Maybe I wish it was a bit longer, but then I'd probably want it longer than that!

PIFCO KING SIZE ELECTRIC BLANKET
PIFCO KING SIZE ELECTRIC BLANKET
Offered by CostMad-UK
Price: 34.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Good blanket, 11 April 2013
This review is from: PIFCO KING SIZE ELECTRIC BLANKET
I'm very pleased with this blanket. Each side is controllable separately. (This does, however, mean that the middle of the bed doesn't get warmed much). One snag, that could be rectified in a future design, is that a lead can become unplugged from the blanket itself and you don't realise this until you get in the bed! It would be better if the plugs clicked into place.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3