Profile for if only i could spell > Reviews

Content by if only i coul...

if only i could spell

Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
by Ervin Laszlo

4.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 2 Sept. 2012
When I read some years ago (I can't remember where) that during one's life time 50 trillion solar neutrinos pass through the average human body yet only three might colide with an atom, I wondered about all the 'space' within us allowing this to happen. I wondered how those neutrinos must have passed through all sorts of people and things (including our planet) before passing through me, and if we were all indeed connected by the medium through which they flowed. I also wondered if they were affected by what they passed through and if in turn they affected what they then passed through. It also all begged the question, really is the nature of realilty when we all look pretty solid yet all those neutrinos were passing through us?

I wanted to find out more but was daunted at the prospect, not being a scientist by training. Therefore when I read this book, where Laszlo has done pretty much all the work in bringing together the latest thinking of physists, biologists and cosmologists, I was delighted. Yes it is not easy to understand some parts of it, but that is to be expected because some of behaviour of particles is quite mind blowing and is puzzling to scientists themselves. I now understand that it is highly unlikely I will ever understand how or why we are here, but there is comfort in knowing at least the particles that make the (apparently) physical 'me' will continue to exist and that they are amazing little critters!

PS the music reviews on Amazon are my husband's!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2013 8:35 AM BST

Frost Bites
Frost Bites

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It, 7 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Frost Bites (Audio CD)
My musical tastes are wide and varied.
Favourite bands Rush, Cardiacs, Van der graff Generator, Hawkwind also Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen etc the list is endless.
Last CDs brought Agolloch -The Mantle, My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness Words of Light - going through a doom metal stage.

Wow what a cd. Traditional Christmas songs that are not the usual Slade, Wizard etc. If you fancy something different that is mesmerisingly performed buy this. Very English folky with a tinge of classical and quirky at the same time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 5:47 PM GMT