Profile for NongNin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kong Bounzer, Large
Kong Bounzer, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Dog Loves It, 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Kong Bounzer, Large (Misc.)
Our dog, an energetic Labrador cross Staffy, absolutely loves this; he totally forgot about his other beloved ball when we go out to play fetch. It is unpredictable when being thrown as it can bounce in any direction (more fun for him). This toy is really durable as our destructive dog hasn't chewed through (lots and lots of teeth marks though) it yet since we had this in the beginning of December (it took him 10 seconds to wreck a normal tennis ball). However, we don't let him play with it in the house as I'm sure he will damage something when Kong Bounzer bounces.

Sebamed Anti-Dry Shampoo 200ml - (Pack of 2)
Sebamed Anti-Dry Shampoo 200ml - (Pack of 2)
Offered by Greens Pharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 12 Mar. 2014
I have long normal coarse hair and tend to wash my hair every other day. I've started using soap-free shampoo as I don't want any harsh chemicals on my hair. This shampoo is advertised as soap-free shampoo; however, it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate which is actually a soap chemical so I'm quite confused. The shampoo is clear gel and you don't need much; I probably use about one teaspoon per wash (I wash my hair twice so it's two teaspoons). After the hair is dry, it feels soft and the scalp feels clean. I used to use TIGI and I could feel that it left something on my scalp and made it itchy, so I'm quite happy with Sebamed.

Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43931 Hot Water Dispenser, Black
Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43931 Hot Water Dispenser, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 17 July 2012
I also have this Morphy Richards Accents One Cup in red. I'd just like to share a tip how to get red of the 'newness' taste, which did work with my machine. I did whatever the instructions said (boil the water three times before the first use) but still could taste the placticky taste in my tea even after a few days. What I did was I mixed 300 ml water with a teaspoon of Bicarb of Soda (Baking Soda, not Baking Powder), poured it into the water dispenser and switched it on. I then got rid of that hot water mixture and redid the same thing with WATER ONLY (no Baking Soda this time). My tea tasted much much much better and now it is absolutely perfect. I hope this tip would work for you as well!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2012 10:18 PM BST

Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43930 Hot Water Dispenser, Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kitchen Gadget!, 14 July 2012
I absolutely love this Morphy Richards Accents One Cup. When I was thinking of buying this, my husband kept asking me why, as we've already got a proper kettle. I had to tell him that I sometimes wanted a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate/soup, but then I couldn't be bothered to fill in the kettle with too much water (min 0.5 litre and the wait, of course) just for a cup. One day when he wasn't home, I ordered this product online :)

When it arrived, the instructions said that I should fill in & boil water 3 times to get rid of the 'newness' taste. However, it still left slight weird taste in a cup of tea even after a few days. As the machine takes only 30 seconds for a cup of tea, I didn't mind so much about the taste but I needed to impress my husband so he would agree with me that this is a great gadget. I mixed a teaspoon of Bicarb of Soda with 300 ml water, add this in the dispenser and boil it, then put another 300 ml of only water in it & boil. The result was that it tasted much better and after a couple of days, it completely got rid of the 'newness' taste.

My husband now is pleased with this Morphy Richards Accents One Cup and regularly uses it. Our kettle is now used to boil water for Bisto Gravy and Smash, but not our cups of tea :)

Crocs Women's Crosmesh Ballet Flat Ballet
Crocs Women's Crosmesh Ballet Flat Ballet
Price: £35.72 - £118.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfy as Crocs Duet Flat, 20 Jun. 2012
I love the style of these shoes and bought them in pink. However, they are not as comfy as Crocs Duet Flat and the size 7 of Crosmesh is slightly bigger than Duet Flat. I put them on to walk the dog for 30 minutes and they already gave me blisters. Hopefully, they will get more comfy once my feet are used to them.

Dental Chew Ring (Omega Paw Solutions) Pk3
Dental Chew Ring (Omega Paw Solutions) Pk3
Offered by Valomarket

1.0 out of 5 stars What a mess!, 19 Jun. 2012
This thing is like a thick cardboard (like toilet/sellotape roll) ring with toothpaste on. Our dog ripped it apart within seconds without actually cleaning/polishing his teeth (according to the instructions, it should polish & clean dogs' teeth). He then got bored with it and left us the ripped-up cardboard bits to clean up after. I will stick with brushing his teeth and not buy this product again!

Crocs Women's Duet Flat Nautical Navy/Smoke Ballet 11850-49D-480 7 UK
Crocs Women's Duet Flat Nautical Navy/Smoke Ballet 11850-49D-480 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 7 Jun. 2012
I'm a size 6.5 and bought a size 7 pair; the shoes are so comfy and light. Although they are slightly loose (might be too tight if I have bought a size 6), they never slip out of my feet when walking. I'll definitely buy more Crocs shoes :)

Henley Ladies Fashion Watch H07106.3
Henley Ladies Fashion Watch H07106.3

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous :), 12 May 2012
I am very pleased with this watch, it's a little loose on my wrist (I'm a size 8-10) so it looks like a bangle (that can tell time). It's very pretty and sturdy, got a compliment first day I put it on. They thought it was an expensive watch and couldn't believe when I said I had paid £13 for it :)

Lean-To Aluminium Greenhouse
Lean-To Aluminium Greenhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but rubbish instructions, 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lean-To Aluminium Greenhouse
It took two of us three days on and off as sometimes we got fed up and wanted to smash it instead. It came in a flat pack and the instructions are not clear or complete, so far the worst flat pack we have encountered. Some of the parts are labeled with numbers and some are not, so we had to guess where to put them; also, some labeled parts are not even mentioned in the instructions, so again we had to become mind-readers. We often had to look at the coloured picture on the box as the instructions booklet is in black&white and very difficult to see; however, the finished product does not look exactly like what is shown. It does not tell you how to attach the sliding door to the frame (hahaha - it took us half a day to figure it out). I would recommend that you put this greenhouse together with someone you actually get along well and be very careful as some aluminium and plastic sheets are really sharp. I am happy with the finished greenhouse but it is still in the lounge at the moment; I will update more details once it is put in the back garden. If you are putting this together and get stuck, please feel free to contact me. I can take close-up pictures of the product for you.
Update - make sure that you tie the greenhouse down as ours flew onto the lawn as it was so windy one night.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2015 6:52 AM BST

Emu Women's Armadale Boot
Emu Women's Armadale Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking boots but may be too tight for some people, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Emu Women's Armadale Boot (Shoes)
These boots are very nice looking, not too girly (which I like). I bought a pair in Chocolate and am pleased with it. When I first put them on (bare legs), they felt really comfy and warm. Then I wanted to know how they would look on top of (my skinny) jeans and I did panic because I thought I would not be able to zip them up. I actually managed to do that and they looked rather nice on top of jeans. For more info I measured the biggest part of my calves (when standing) and it is 14 inchese around. If you are a size 6.5 (like me), buy a size 6 and they will fit perfectly; a size 7 will be too big for you.

Page: 1 | 2