Profile for James Hearn > Reviews

Content by James Hearn

James Hearn

Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower Case - Black (ATX, M-ATX, 7 Expansion Slots, Supports Bottom PSU Installation, Upto 7 System Fans, Tool Free HDD Installation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case at a great price!, 6 May 2014
I bought this case for my first build, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but having used it for a fair time now and having fitted all the parts I can safely say this is a wonderful piece of kit.

The thing I like the most about it is the design and the window in the side, as it really does look excellent; the blue LEDs in the supplied fans also serve to give a nice blue glow, although I moved the fan that comes installed on the window panel, as it was making an annoying noise (For reasons unknown).

There is a good amount of space behind the motherboard for cable management and lots of usefully placed holes to route your cables and keep them tidy, there are also plenty of HDD/SSD slots and the tool less HDD mounting is good. Plenty of spaces for Optical Drives etc as well.

Other features include a temperature display on the front I/O panel (With a moveable sensor inside the case) and a fan control, which may be useful to some (Although I ended up not using it).

All in all I think this is a solid case and, at the price, you can't go wrong; in fact I think you could end up paying more for less quality! My advice: spend your money on this if it has peaked your interest at all - you won't be disappointed!

Age of Empires III - Complete Collection (PC CD)
Age of Empires III - Complete Collection (PC CD)
Offered by JMBMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars This Game., 13 Jun. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is a great success and I enjoyed many evenings playing it on my own - I now look forward to playing it with the wider community as I can see it would have great potential for online play - 5 out of 5.

Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Staraxe UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable., 6 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is one of, if not the, best game I have ever played and definitely the best FPS: I haven't even begun to play the campaign yet and I already love it! However, I may be slightly bias, as the Halo series is by far my favourite of all the shooters, always has been since I first played Halo CE - If you like Halo even slightly, then get this unmissable installment!

I don't know where the 1 and 2 star ratings are coming from, because they do not give a fair reflection on the true quality of this game; pay no attention!

Grudge 2, The [2006] [DVD]
Grudge 2, The [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar

4.0 out of 5 stars Scary, but no real climax., 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Grudge 2, The [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I love all the grudge films, so I am slightly biased in rating this, but have given it a four anyway because, as always, I found it pretty terrifying, begging Kayako not to re-appear! But I found that despite there being a scare a minute, there was no real climax of the film, (Although there is a theatrical climax where we see the main character killed in exactly the same fashion as Kayako and then Jake in the corridor with the empty hoodie...) the horror just kept coming in small snipets and it felt like it was just setting the scene for the third grudge, which has a great, scary climax.
Overall, even though I have criticized some aspects of the movie, it is still a terrifying film and a must see for all those lovers of the grudge series! Solid four star.

Session 9 [DVD]
Session 9 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Caruso

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but some drawbacks., 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Session 9 [DVD] (DVD)
After ordering this film due to a series of good reviews I had seen, I was hopeful that it would be an excellent horror film - even the cover looked promising. Unfortunately, this film is pretty much devoid from any horror, and the scares it tries to provide are tuned down to the absolute minimum. I recall there being only one vaguely spine tingling moment in the whole film in fact. BUT, having said all this, I did enjoy the film and feel that it would be much more at home in the thriller category. I only gave it a three because I was expecting horror, but had I been looking for a thriller, this would have rated 4 or maybe even five, because the story line is great and has a twist that I myself did not see coming. I did find the story line quite hard to follow towards the end of the film though - that's the only other complaint - but a quick visit to Wikipedia put me on the straight and narrow again!
In conclusion, a good buy, but if you are looking to be scared then prepare to be disappointed.