Profile for A.Tai > Reviews

Chalice
Chalice
by Robin Mckinley

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Chalice (Hardcover)
I love this book, because I love honey, and bees though I know bees much less than honey, never having kept them.
So I love the honeys for healing or mood because I totally relate and feel the same way about honeys!
And it is an excellent plot, too.

Blood Red (Elemental Masters)
Blood Red (Elemental Masters)
by Mercedes Lackey

3.0 out of 5 stars ... the worlds she has created and is a little bored. Creation of new and wonderful, 21 Aug. 2014
I find that Mercedes Lackeys latest books read as if she is a little tired of the worlds she has created and is a little bored.
Creation of new and wonderful, deep and meaningful characters is difficult. Still entertaining but becoming repetitious and uninspired. This is one of the better of the new books but fails to reach the levels of her earlier work.
Perhaps it is time for a new direction/world

Forward the Mage (Joe's World Book 2)
Forward the Mage (Joe's World Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, the authors clearly had a hilarious time writing ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This is one of my all-time favourites!

Very, very funny, the authors clearly had a hilarious time writing it. I wish for MORE!

Vance fans will probably like it.

The Philosophical Strangler (Joe's World Book 1)
The Philosophical Strangler (Joe's World Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars At first I was really disappointed by the Philosophical Strangler, 21 Aug. 2014
At first I was really disappointed by the Philosophical Strangler. I read Forward the Mage first and that is such a fantastic rip-roaring funny book and it is so clear how much fun the authors had writing it.
I was really hoping for more of the same, but this is the start, getting into gear, the germinating seed that blossoms in Forward the Mage which is one of my all-time favorites.
Reading it without this expectation it is a good, light, funny book to enjoy.

Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake [Blu-ray] [2008]
Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Tchaikovsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake, 29 Mar. 2011
Great sound and great dancing, love live performances! The blue-ray version has noticeable blurring of the faster action especially in the background that can be disturbing but otherwise great quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2011 10:51 AM BST

Prokofiev - Cinderella [1957] [DVD]
Prokofiev - Cinderella [1957] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Prokofiev

5.0 out of 5 stars Prokofiev - Cinderella [1957], 29 Mar. 2011
Love it. Beautiful and hilarious, great performance. If you like black-and-white photography you'll like it. The sound-track is 1956, don't expect surround sound but it has atmosphere.

George Balanchine - Jewels [DVD] [2010]
George Balanchine - Jewels [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ballett der Opéra National de Paris

3.0 out of 5 stars George Balanchine's Jewels, 29 Mar. 2011
Beautiful costumes and dancing but somehow lacking in energy and emotion it comes over to me as curiously flat and 2-dimensional. It pleases the eye but does not feed the soul.