Profile for Andrew Hobbs > Reviews

Content by Andrew Hobbs

Andrew Hobbs (London, United Kingdom)

MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 premium wood earphones with built-in microphone
MediaDevil Artisanphonics EB-01 premium wood earphones with built-in microphone
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of earphones at this price point, 7 May 2014
I have been through a lot of earphones. To me they are bordering on consumables. These earphones are great.

Good warm sound. Effective noise isolation and good bass as a result. Wood looks superb. Microphone works well. Fabric cladding on wires is best anti-tangle measure I've seen. Useful cotton bag. Sweets in parcel a nice touch. Also Mediadevil provide a personal customer service via Twitter.

Let's see how resilient and long lasting they are. I'm giving them 5 stars. That's based on their sale price though. I'm not convinced I would buy them at the full advertised price.

Overall very happy.

The Bright Stuff: Playful Ways to Nurture Your Child's Extraordinary Mind
The Bright Stuff: Playful Ways to Nurture Your Child's Extraordinary Mind
by C.J. Simister

5.0 out of 5 stars Never mind children's minds, what about adults'?, 18 July 2012
I bought this book for my children about two years ago and we love dipping into it all the time. As a parent who doesn't always find the usual kids games particularly stimulating, Jane's ideas are incredibly engaging for all kids and adults alike. As other reviewers have said, they exercise and stretch young minds without them even knowing. They have also kicked my creative muscles back into life - no bad thing!

I also tried some of the games with one of my relations kids, who at the time had a very limited attention span - he's completely different now. He was transfixed, really got into them and we ended having the longest conversation we've ever had. Fantastic.