Profile for D. GUNNELL > Reviews

Content by D. GUNNELL

D. GUNNELL (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Byron Sentry BY302 200m Extra Distance Wireless Portable Door Chime Kit with 8 Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Fully up to the job..., 15 Nov. 2014
i purchased this after returning a Byron 230v 100 metre chime which was not loud enough and also poor over a 60 metre open air space.

The BY 302 on the other hand is very clear and loud,and still connects anywhere in the house, even via a 1 metre thick stone wall.. Also being battery operated it is a bonus being able to move it around the house.

Byron 230V Wired Wall Mounted Door Chime with Built-in 776 Transformer
Byron 230V Wired Wall Mounted Door Chime with Built-in 776 Transformer

3.0 out of 5 stars I found that the chime was not loud enough, ..., 15 Nov. 2014
I found that the chime was not loud enough, also it did not work well at less than the claimed 100 metres, even at 60 metres with both the bell push and chime visible to each other it was only just within range....But, on the plus side it appeared very solid and well made, with the bonus of the inbuilt transformer.

BLACK LARGE OUTDOOR STEEL LOCKABLE/LOCKING HOUSE MAILBOX/POSTBOX LETTER/MAIL/POST BOX
Offered by SDE Online

4.0 out of 5 stars the wall spacers and fixings are perfect and allow full lid opening, 28 Jun. 2014
It certainly does the job, the wall spacers and fixings are perfect and allow full lid opening. The only downside is water ingress.
which can come in through the rear of the flap. ( I cured this with a bead of silicone across the back ) Also the clear name panel is open at the top allowing water to come in, I also cured this by removing it,sealing the aperture with silicone and then refitting with the aperture at the bottom.. Now first class....Manufacturer should take note......OR POSSIBLY GIVE US A JOB !!!

Alcosense One Digital Breathalyser - Easy to Use & understand.
Alcosense One Digital Breathalyser - Easy to Use & understand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works !!, 23 Feb. 2014
I have had 8 of these over the years, (just about to buy my 9th) out of the 8 ,, 2 have been faulty and display zero no matter how much I have had to drink, but after exchanging them all has been ok, I use mine a lot and the last one lasted almost 2 years.
The trick is to calibrate it regularly, and replace it when you start to get readings which vary wildly. my old one read .2 at 6am one morning ,then .6 at 7am !!!
Overall they are the simplest to use and good value for money,but like all things they are not foolproof !!

Aventine
Aventine

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, hauntingly brilliant........, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Aventine (MP3 Download)
I stumbled across this as I was browsing, some time ago I fell in love with the Lhasa De Sela version of "where do you go ?" Sadly that was a bit of a one off success as her other
tracks are nowhere near as good (to my ears anyway )
and so discovering this was a very pleasant surprise. It is very similar in it,s haunting fashion, and Agnes has a superb voice. One of the plus points of this is that they have managed to make almost every track different with the use of different instruments.
I suspect that this is one of those albums that you never really tire of, we will see .........

Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Offered by cheap4uk

4.0 out of 5 stars can,t beat it for value, but ..........., 28 Oct. 2013
I purchased this after my previous one went faulty, (the old model ) however, on trying to set up the date and time the menu now displays only in Chinese !!!! and I cannot get it to revert back. However it is still working ok, but displays the wrong date , but for the price it is still worth it.

The only real downside is that a suitable sd card actually costs more than the camera !!

Acme Working Dog Whistle No 211.5 Lime Green
Acme Working Dog Whistle No 211.5 Lime Green
Offered by Lapal Dimension

4.0 out of 5 stars Work in progress, 7 Oct. 2013
This whistle is being used to train my two Labradors, they certainly hear it a fair distance away, they turn to look at me then carry on doing what they want........... I just have to get them to respond to it.
However, it is early days. and training is ongoing. It,s hard to say a lot about a whistle, but it won,t go rusty, it does not need batteries, and unless I lose it I would suspect it will last forever, also as it is bright I stand less chance of losing it.
I think that,s about it.. Really pleased

Long Way Down
Long Way Down

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for family listening, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
My wife heard Tom Odell sing "grow old with me" live on a radio show. she liked it so much that I bought this for her. However on hearing it on mp3 before it arrived I wanted to cancel it. The language on it is fine for a bunch of working blokes, but I would not allow
my wife, children or grandchildren to be subjected to it..I am not a prude, I used to be a motor mechanic and banter amongst blokes
was fine .....but this, sorry but I have standards, as, gladly do most civilised people, Tom has a very good voice, and if he had any sense he would clean his act up...
P.S I have just given it to the charity shop after highlighting " Explicit "

Plant Rescue Fungus Killer 100ml
Plant Rescue Fungus Killer 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat !!, 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Plant Rescue Fungus Killer 100ml
I had a major fungal infection on around 12 established trees in my garden, despite not being able to reach the very top of the trees
this worked within a week, and new growth is visible in October !! It also dilutes well and I have only used half a pack !

1280P HD 2.5" LCD NIGHT VISION CCTV IN-CAR DVR ACCIDENT VIDEO PROOF CAMERA Video Recorder
Offered by Tukzer

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ! I thought ! But WHAT about the instructions ?, 9 Sept. 2013
Bought this to-day, it arrived at lunchtime and it has took me hours to set up properly..
The instructions really need to re-written for the UK. To access the second menu (set up time and date,volume etc,) the manual tells you to press menu twice..incorrect , what it should say is press menu and mode at the same time, use the up and down buttons to alter,and use the mode button to move to the next block on right. On test the unit was brilliant,but number plates were unclear. I have reset the resolution to the finest setting ,and that has sharpened the images up. I have used a 32gb memory card and suppose that recording time may be reduced,but in the case of an accident it would be more useful to
have sharper images...All in all absolutely brilliant for the money. You could spend a lot more and be disappointed..
Be safe out there and good luck !!

Update,, unit failed late September, now returned and considering alternative.. not very reliable..
maybe I was just unlucky with mine but now not happy to purchase this again.

Page: 1 | 2