Profile for D. GUNNELL > Reviews

Content by D. GUNNELL

D. GUNNELL (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BLACK LARGE OUTDOOR STEEL LOCKABLE/LOCKING HOUSE MAILBOX/POSTBOX LETTER/MAIL/POST BOX
Offered by SDE Online

4.0 out of 5 stars the wall spacers and fixings are perfect and allow full lid opening, 28 Jun 2014
It certainly does the job, the wall spacers and fixings are perfect and allow full lid opening. The only downside is water ingress.
which can come in through the rear of the flap. ( I cured this with a bead of silicone across the back ) Also the clear name panel is open at the top allowing water to come in, I also cured this by removing it,sealing the aperture with silicone and then refitting with the aperture at the bottom.. Now first class....Manufacturer should take note......OR POSSIBLY GIVE US A JOB !!!

Alcosense One Digital Breathalyser - Easy to Use & understand.
Alcosense One Digital Breathalyser - Easy to Use & understand.
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works !!, 23 Feb 2014
I have had 8 of these over the years, (just about to buy my 9th) out of the 8 ,, 2 have been faulty and display zero no matter how much I have had to drink, but after exchanging them all has been ok, I use mine a lot and the last one lasted almost 2 years.
The trick is to calibrate it regularly, and replace it when you start to get readings which vary wildly. my old one read .2 at 6am one morning ,then .6 at 7am !!!
Overall they are the simplest to use and good value for money,but like all things they are not foolproof !!

Aventine
Aventine

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, hauntingly brilliant........, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Aventine (MP3 Download)
I stumbled across this as I was browsing, some time ago I fell in love with the Lhasa De Sela version of "where do you go ?" Sadly that was a bit of a one off success as her other
tracks are nowhere near as good (to my ears anyway )
and so discovering this was a very pleasant surprise. It is very similar in it,s haunting fashion, and Agnes has a superb voice. One of the plus points of this is that they have managed to make almost every track different with the use of different instruments.
I suspect that this is one of those albums that you never really tire of, we will see .........

Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Offered by Buyin-now-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars can,t beat it for value, but ..........., 28 Oct 2013
I purchased this after my previous one went faulty, (the old model ) however, on trying to set up the date and time the menu now displays only in Chinese !!!! and I cannot get it to revert back. However it is still working ok, but displays the wrong date , but for the price it is still worth it.

The only real downside is that a suitable sd card actually costs more than the camera !!

Acme Working Dog Whistle No 211.5 Lime Green
Acme Working Dog Whistle No 211.5 Lime Green
Offered by The Country Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Work in progress, 7 Oct 2013
This whistle is being used to train my two Labradors, they certainly hear it a fair distance away, they turn to look at me then carry on doing what they want........... I just have to get them to respond to it.
However, it is early days. and training is ongoing. It,s hard to say a lot about a whistle, but it won,t go rusty, it does not need batteries, and unless I lose it I would suspect it will last forever, also as it is bright I stand less chance of losing it.
I think that,s about it.. Really pleased

Long Way Down
Long Way Down

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for family listening, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
My wife heard Tom Odell sing "grow old with me" live on a radio show. she liked it so much that I bought this for her. However on hearing it on mp3 before it arrived I wanted to cancel it. The language on it is fine for a bunch of working blokes, but I would not allow
my wife, children or grandchildren to be subjected to it..I am not a prude, I used to be a motor mechanic and banter amongst blokes
was fine .....but this, sorry but I have standards, as, gladly do most civilised people, Tom has a very good voice, and if he had any sense he would clean his act up...
P.S I have just given it to the charity shop after highlighting " Explicit "

Plant Rescue Fungus Killer 100ml
Plant Rescue Fungus Killer 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat !!, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Plant Rescue Fungus Killer 100ml
I had a major fungal infection on around 12 established trees in my garden, despite not being able to reach the very top of the trees
this worked within a week, and new growth is visible in October !! It also dilutes well and I have only used half a pack !

1280P HD 2.5" LCD NIGHT VISION CCTV IN-CAR DVR ACCIDENT VIDEO PROOF CAMERA Video Recorder
Offered by Homie de Tony

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ! I thought ! But WHAT about the instructions ?, 9 Sep 2013
Bought this to-day, it arrived at lunchtime and it has took me hours to set up properly..
The instructions really need to re-written for the UK. To access the second menu (set up time and date,volume etc,) the manual tells you to press menu twice..incorrect , what it should say is press menu and mode at the same time, use the up and down buttons to alter,and use the mode button to move to the next block on right. On test the unit was brilliant,but number plates were unclear. I have reset the resolution to the finest setting ,and that has sharpened the images up. I have used a 32gb memory card and suppose that recording time may be reduced,but in the case of an accident it would be more useful to
have sharper images...All in all absolutely brilliant for the money. You could spend a lot more and be disappointed..
Be safe out there and good luck !!

Update,, unit failed late September, now returned and considering alternative.. not very reliable..
maybe I was just unlucky with mine but now not happy to purchase this again.

Samsung S5690 Galaxy X-Cover Ruggedised Sim Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT REALLY FOR PAY AS YOU GO USAGE !!!, 5 Aug 2013
I purchased this phone (my first smartphone) with the intention of getting up to speed with the latest technology (I am getting on a bit ) However I cannot afford to run it with the features in use..In sat nav mode, it connects to mobile internet as well as gps,and in the space of 6 minutes it used an incredible £15 worth of data,it continually connects to update pre loaded apps..you can turn all this off and use it as a standard phone but that defeats the object. I have now returned it and gone back to my old phone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 2:46 PM GMT

Blagdon 250ml Barley Straw Extract - Natural Algae Treatment for your Pond
Blagdon 250ml Barley Straw Extract - Natural Algae Treatment for your Pond
Offered by Kettering Koi & Ponds Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Did almost nothing at all, 27 Jun 2013
I used this in a water feature to cure green water, there were tadpoles and other pond life in there so I used
this to make sure they were not affected. I started treatment 6 weeks ago, using the minimum amount and gradually increased as nothing was happening. the pond life all appeared to die off, so with nothing to lose I put the full bottle in. The water is still a cracking shade of green, and I feel I have murdered all the creatures in there !!!
Maybe it will sort itself out come winter !!! Sorry pond creatures !!!

Page: 1 | 2