Profile for Amazon Kunde > Reviews

Amazon Kunde "scrad_mcnurk"

The Extremist
The Extremist

5.0 out of 5 stars It really deserves 6 stars!, 14 Dec. 2002
This review is from: The Extremist (Audio CD)
This was the first album by Satch I heard. I also got the chance to go to see him on his "The Extremist" tour in Sheffield. Not only can he make the sounds he does, but he seems to do it with little visible effort! The title track just about sums up the skill Satriani has, yet not being the one and only track that "makes" the album. I think that he has moved on in several directions since this album, but on his "Live in San Francisco" album he does bring back some of his older works (on which none of the flare is lost!). I recommmend Strange Beautiful Music and Engines of Creation (some of his most recent work) both of which show excellent technique, without being over the top.
Buy this album if you know what good music is!

Thick As A Brick
Thick As A Brick

5.0 out of 5 stars (one of/even) The best album by Tull I have heard, 19 Jun. 2001
This review is from: Thick As A Brick (Audio CD)
I have been listening to my Dad's Vinyl collection and I asked my Dad about this particular record. He played it to me and I was astounded at how well the music was played. The strange time changes add to the superb playing of Anderson, Hammond, et al. The lyrics are so cleverly done (and in some places downright weird). I really like the sleeve that came with the vinyl, especially the way it really is like a local newspaper with poorly spelled words and bad typing, accompanied with a brilliant crossword (with which Me and my dad have struggled). Overall I have to say that this is, along with Aqualung, one of the best albums I have heard by Tull. I also recommend to any budding Tull fans to check out Gentle Giant ("In a Glass House" or "3 Friends"). Hope you enjoy this album (and others) as much as I did.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2010 7:47 PM BST