Profile for T. A. Sprent > Reviews

Panasonic Premium ES-RF31 Wet and Dry Four-Blade Men's Shaver
Offered by SussexSpares
Price: 62.81

1.0 out of 5 stars really patchy, 7 May 2014
This is not a cheap piece of kit, even on discount. At best I find it ok on certain parts of my skin, though I've never found it to be a really close shave. But there are certain areas (just above my adam's apple for example) that it completely fails to shave. I have to go over the same areas until the skin is red just to try and achieve a satisfactory shave in these areas. I had really high hopes for this shaver, and I was disappointed. Maybe it's just my face shape, because all the other reviews seem so positive?

Powertraveller Solargorilla 5V and 20V Solar Portable Charger
Powertraveller Solargorilla 5V and 20V Solar Portable Charger
Price: 120.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Mar 2009
It surprises me that people aren't raving about this. It's small, thin, light well designed, with extensions for just about everything you could need it for. But most importantly, it seems to really work.

Straight from the box today, I charged my laptop. This was towards sunset, when the sun was low, through glass, and without any consideration about optimal positioning. The results were fantastic. So I can't wait to see its potential over the next few weeks, in a good position, in strong sunlight.

I guess I'm not saving the planet, but considering how many mp3 players/laptops/cameras, etc... that need charging, I think it could make a real difference with this panel.

Because of its design, I think I should be able to rig some kind of semi-permanent set-up, but also take it away, to charge on the go. So the aim is to completely cut out mains electricity for these small appliances, which I think is feasible, with a little planning about how/when to charge (though this might mean buying the battery that goes with this panel, in order to store for night/cloudy periods.).

So we'll just have to wait and see how it performs in winter... But, for now, couldn't be happier with this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 12:38 AM GMT

The Cosmos Rocks
The Cosmos Rocks
Offered by SKYETORI
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic rock n roll baby!, 20 Sep 2008
This review is from: The Cosmos Rocks (Audio CD)
Here's now it goes; You simply can't approach this album as a Mercury-era Queen. It's not. It's a new super-band with a singer who happens to be one of the greatest rock voices from the last 30 years or so (who's strangly under-appreciated considering what he's done over and who he's played with). THIS Queen has a modern rock sound. It had the signature May guitar sound, with big, rich chunky riffs, even some nice slide playing. Sexy vocals, great musicianship! Stand-out tracks include "Cosmos Rockin'" and "Still Burning'". Quality stuff!