Profile for Boraxwoman > Reviews

Content by Boraxwoman

Boraxwoman "Boraxwoman" (Nottingham UK)

Mask Lamb Large PVC for Fancy Dress Masquerade Accessory
Mask Lamb Large PVC for Fancy Dress Masquerade Accessory
Offered by Selo Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Child size, 21 Dec. 2012
Not very comfortable to wear, and a very small size. I was hoping for one an adult could use, but an adult forehead and chin can't be in this simultaneously.

JUSTOP Droibox ONE 8GB Quad Core Android 4.4 Kitkat XBMC TV Box , Full HD 1080P Out , Quad Core 3D Graphic , Fully Loaded XBMC With Add-ons

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 23 Nov. 2012
It's small, it's dead easy to set up, and it started out working perfectly. I was delighted. It worked well with the wireless keyboard I'd bought separately for it. Wifi was easy to set up, and all was going marvellously. Then pages began loading forever. I checked. Apparently wifi connection was still strong. I waited some more. Then I reset the wifi. Then I unplugged everything and started from scratch again. This was repeated about eight times. Sometimes, starting from scratch gave me an excellent connection - for about 4 minutes, before everything hung again. Sometimes the wifi connection was off, or not available, sometimes it was strong - but still nothing happened.

I bought this as an easier way of watching itunes and iplayer, but connecting a laptop (even one which then insists on updates for antivirus and everything else before working) to my tv is a million times easier than struggling with this tantalising device. So it's going back.

If it carried on working, it would be marvellous. But it's far too flaky.

Sony RDPV20IP Portable iDoc Speaker - White
Sony RDPV20IP Portable iDoc Speaker - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little speaker, 28 Oct. 2012
It does what it says and looks good in the kitchen. It's a tiny bit bigger & heavier than I expected (should have paid more attention to the dimensions given) which means it won't be as easy to take travelling as I'd hoped, but I'm still pleased with it.

Kings pastry / cake forks
Kings pastry / cake forks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jan. 2012
These forks arrived quickly and looked very nice, good and solid. I was pleased to be able to present them as a christmas present.

Panasonic  Wet and Dry 3-Head Lady's Epilator
Panasonic Wet and Dry 3-Head Lady's Epilator

5.0 out of 5 stars very quick and handy, 8 May 2011
This is much faster and more convenient than the epilator I had previously. It's really convenient being cordless, so I can use it over the bath and catch all the mess. And it doesn't take long to use (although starting off with it required a bit of study due to the large number of pieces in the bag!).
I'm well pleased with it.

Omron MX2 Digital Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron MX2 Digital Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Dec. 2010
It does the job, quickly and easily. The readings seem accurate, as far as I can tell. It does produce an error message occasionally, but not that often, and it's no trouble to start again. I didn't give it 5 stars because of this, but would have given it 4.5 had that been a possibility. It's small and neat too, and gives pulse reading as well as BP.

Snake's Mistake (Maya's Little Friends)
Snake's Mistake (Maya's Little Friends)
by Otto Mouton

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 1 Sept. 2010
This book is visually stunning and produced with care to a very high standard. The illustrations are beautiful, and the story delightful. I am sure that younger children would love to hear it read to them, whilst older children could sit alone in a quiet corner with it. There's plenty to discuss in this gentle tale, to get all children thinking and talking. It would make a lovely, caring present.

Celeste
Celeste

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Celeste (Audio CD)
I've read lots of pretentious reviews of this album; but myself, I'd just like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would recommend it.

IC180.006L Krypton Yellow
IC180.006L Krypton Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 23 Sept. 2009
This review is from: IC180.006L Krypton Yellow (Toy)
This small vacuum cleaner looks neat as it sits and charges. Its suction power is quite good; I would have preferred it to be a little stronger, maybe with a choice of power, but it will do. I wish the small brush attachment were a little softer, as I really wanted to clean the tops of my books with this; but due to the stiffness of the bristles it is not possible to vacuum all books without chance of damage. If anyone ever makes something like this especially for books, I hope I find out! But it's been very handy for the odd crumbs on the floor, dusty keyboard, etc, so I'm glad I bought it.
I haven't had it long enough / used it enough to be able to comment on emptying it, or battery life.

Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader
Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader
by Anne Fadiman

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little book, 7 Jun. 2009
Perfect for book lovers, this little volume will have you recognising yourself - or wanting to argue loudly. If you think how you organise your books is important, then you will think this book is too.