Profile for Kookaburra Kid > Reviews

Content by Kookaburra Kid

Kookaburra Kid (Northamptonshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
New Lovely Soft Hand bells Animal Model Long Handbell Developmental Toy Hot
New Lovely Soft Hand bells Animal Model Long Handbell Developmental Toy Hot
Offered by highqualityforyou

3.0 out of 5 stars Took ages to arrive which I hadn't clocked hen I ..., 26 Feb. 2015
Took ages to arrive which I hadn't clocked hen I ordered. It's far bigger than I expected so too bulky for my large 5mo and the colours quite girly for my little boy. But he is enjoying the fabrics and watching the balls. Hopefully something for him to grow into. If not at least it wasn't expensive.

I'M AN INTELLIGENT CLASSY WELL EDUCATED WOMAN WHO SAYS F**K A LOT (XXL - RED) NEW PREMIUM LOOSE FIT T-SHIRT - slogan funny clothing joke novelty vintage retro t shirt top men's ladies women's girl boy men women tshirt tees tee t-shirts shirts fashion urban cool geek attitude swearing swear rude offensive humorous bridget jones day for him her brother sister mum dad mummy daddy father mother birthday ideas gifts christmas present gift S M L XL 2XL 3XL 4XL 5XL - by Fonfella
Offered by 123t

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as a light hearted warning to midwives, 10 Sept. 2014
I wanted to get a cheap baggy tshirt for giving birth in. When I saw the slogan on this it seemed too apt to not buy. I wanted to go big but even so i wish I had gone a size up, hence only 4 stars. Good value.

Comfortable Nursing Short Sleeved Scoop Neck Top Breastfeeding 7020 (14, Dark Cappuccino)
Offered by Purpless Maternity

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value nursing tops, 4 Sept. 2014
Really good value nursing tops. If they could see their way to more interesting fabrics (patterns?) I would say faultless!

2014 Calendar British Landscapes Photography by David Looker LRPS
2014 Calendar British Landscapes Photography by David Looker LRPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality calendar, beautiful images, 21 Feb. 2014
I really liked the images used in this calendar. They reflect the month they represent well, and aren't so cute or cliched to be bordering on jingoistic, like some other British landscape calendars I considered. My only criticism is it doesn't have days like shrove tuesday or St Valentine's day, but these are minor quibbles. Would purchase again.

If You Wait
If You Wait
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars best debut in a long time, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I cannot stop playing this album. It's a wonderful haunting album that has a long smooth after taste. Hannah's voice is rich and melancholic, not too classic or too pop. The piano, beats and guitars layered and built up create a world that you can emerse yourself in. Can't wait to hear more from this talented trio.

SolarCentre Helios Solar Spotlight
SolarCentre Helios Solar Spotlight

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and value, 10 Feb. 2012
I bought this on the basis of others' reviews, and I was not disappointed. The build quality is good, the mountings flexible and nice to be able to have an auto on/off or switch. Gives as strong a light as one would expect with a solar light. Its by no means a flood light, but will illuminate things adequately enough. All in all a great value product, I expect I will be getting another for my shed.

Chicken Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Chickens
Chicken Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Chickens
by Laurence Beeken

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but too much detail in some places, not enough in others., 10 Feb. 2012
a great background reading book to a novice like myself. However, it doesn't have some fairly fundamental information/pictures of things like how much bedding to put in a coop and where, or how much food to feed per chicken per day! It does go into quite a lot of detail about hatching/rearing chicks which I don't think is too applicable for people who just want back garden chooks.

But the illness/wellbeing section is comprehensive and I am sure I will keep referring back to it over the coming weeks and months.
The tone is good, not too condescending.

The Sensuous Garden
The Sensuous Garden
by Montagu Don

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but wanted more, 16 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Sensuous Garden (Hardcover)
I read The Ivington Diaries and it confirmed me as a die-hard Monty fan. This book didn't touch my in the same way though, as it just wasn't in depth enough for me.

It was very good though, I really enjoyed the bits on the senses I don't use so much in my garden (sound, touch). Gives a new perspective.

Allotment Month  by Month
Allotment Month by Month
by Alan Buckingham

5.0 out of 5 stars really does what it says on the tin book, 16 Feb. 2011
Such a straight forward book.

If you want to know about growing produce, this is a good starter for the novice, and a good prompter for those with a bit of experience that just need reminding once in a while. Well laid out, well illustrated. A great resource.

The Ivington Diaries
The Ivington Diaries
by Montagu Don

5.0 out of 5 stars pure loveliness, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Ivington Diaries (Hardcover)
This book has the potential to be a boring to-do list of gardening jobs for each day of the year, or a navel gazing exercise of some chap whittering on about his garden. However, it manages to completely fail to fall into either of these traps, and is an entertaining, informative, enlightening, heart-warming piece of writing that can be dipped in and out of. Its like a big bowl of your favourite comfort food. If you haven't already, buy it.

Page: 1 | 2