Profile for Mrs. Sheila Watson > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Sheila Watson

Mrs. Sheila Watson "sheilawatson" (Newcastle,England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A well timed purchase, 16 Oct. 2013
This jumper was purchased just prior to a holiday trip to Iceland and it was a fortunate buy, it arrived in good time, was a good fit and was in perfect condition, and the owner reports that it kept him lovely and warm, I did however make the mistake of allowing the owner (my 21 year old son) to wash it himself, and he just chucked it in the machine with other items, then tumble dried it, and wondered why it came out barely big enough to fit a ten year old, however with a little effort and careful ministry I now have it as good as new again, and the added assurance that my son will seek me out when it need washing again.

Industrie men's premium regular fit dark wash belt jean, 30W 32L
Industrie men's premium regular fit dark wash belt jean, 30W 32L

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 16 Oct. 2013
It is always difficult when buying clothes for someone else, but I took a chance and purchased these jeans and the owner is delighted with them.

Hats Off To The Bull
Hats Off To The Bull

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Hats Off To The Bull (Audio CD)
This item was bought for a gift and the recipient was very happy with it, it arrived in good time and in perfect condition.

Paracosm
Paracosm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Paracosm (Audio CD)
This product was bought for a gift and the recipient was delighted with it, it also arrived in good time, and in perfect condition.

Emulsifying Wax (Cetearyl Alcohol/PEG-20 Stearate) 500g
Emulsifying Wax (Cetearyl Alcohol/PEG-20 Stearate) 500g
Offered by MysticMoments

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 16 Oct. 2013
This product was purchased in order to make some hand cream and it works perfectly, well worth the money as to have the same volume of hand cream in a shop bought product could well cost a small fortune, in this I get enough to make several large batches and works like a dream.

TimeRiders: The Doomsday Code (Book 3)
TimeRiders: The Doomsday Code (Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the complexity of Angels and Demons but a lot more fun, 16 Oct. 2013
This book again follows our little group of timeriders but it also makes you wonder if it is not just a novel but a biography it all seems so plausible even though it creates the idea of things we can only imagine, it never really goes beyond the realms of possibility, you could be left with the feeling that you never know, and it may even change your opinions of the history we were all taught at school.

TimeRiders: Day of the Predator (Book 2)
TimeRiders: Day of the Predator (Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A rip roaring ride through time, 16 Oct. 2013
This is the second timeriders book I have read, and just like the first, I could barely put it down. The characters have become like friends and the urge to see them safe is spellbinding.
It is not just a rerun of the first book though, we meet new characters and different situations,and the complexity of the story makes you appreciate the author and his ability to tie everything together.
I don't understand why these books are classed as young adult reading, as I am getting to be a rather old adult now, and don't know how anyone could not love them.

TimeRiders (Book 1)
TimeRiders (Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Time Riders = Wow!!!, 1 Oct. 2013
This book was recommended to me by my daughter, and all I can truly say is that my life is now a happier one with Time Riders in it.
The best of this is that apparently by the end of 2013, there are going to be 9 stories in this title, and that gives you even more enjoyment.
Although these books were written with Young adults in mind I don't see any reason why everyone cannot enjoy them.
You do not have to be a science geek to understand them, and anything that the author feels needs to be explained is done so in a simple but non condescending manner.
From the first page to the last which only leaves you wanting more, you are treated to a roller coaster of emotions while you get to know the characters and understand the situations they find themselves in. There are occasions where you just cannot put it down because you need to know what will happen next.
Part of the fun for me is that I read from a kindle which stops you skipping ahead, this way I don't miss anything and spoil my enjoyment.
I can not understand why these books have not had the same treatment as the Harry Potter books and are not now being presented to us in 3D with full CGI coverage.in every cinema in the country, but I hope this doesn't happen as I think everyones' imagination of these books would be different and would spoil the memory of the books.
I do however think the author Alex Scarrow should be awarded the highest accolade possible for making these books available for everyone to enjoy.
I am now onto my third Time Riders book, and I look forward with dread and anticipation to enjoying the others to follow, only with dread because I never want to stop reading them.
So in conclusion I would urge everyone to rush out and start your reading adventure and I can assure you all that there will be no chance of a single disappointment.

WWF Summerslam '92 1992 Wrestling Video
WWF Summerslam '92 1992 Wrestling Video
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift, 13 Sept. 2013
The person I bought this for was very happy with it, and it is always nice to make someone else happy.

Select B44212-02LPC Letter Cage - White
Select B44212-02LPC Letter Cage - White
Offered by Eco-Barn

5.0 out of 5 stars No more damaged mail :), 13 Sept. 2013
This item came as described and was so easy to fit, it only took one more visit from the postman for our dog to realise she could no longer get to the post, from our postman knocking to tell us he was going on holiday for 2 weeks and that unbeknown to us, our dog had been called the worse dog on the round, and that no other postman would deliver to our house while he was away, meaning that we would have to go and collect our mail every day till he came back, it was this that prompted the purchase and now our dog doesn't even bother barking when the post comes because she knows she is wasting her time. This was one of the best purchases I ever made thank you, I would recommend this item to anyone and an extra bonus is no more bending for the post its win win every way :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2015 4:47 PM GMT