Profile for Jamie G > Reviews

Unforgiven (Yurusarezarumono) [DVD] [2014]
Unforgiven (Yurusarezarumono) [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Ken Watanabe

2.0 out of 5 stars I love my Westerns and I love my Jidaigeki, 5 Mar. 2015
I love my Westerns and I love my Jidaigeki. I found this film to be the diet coke of both genres. It doesn't really compare to Clint Eastwoods film and isn't a particularly gripping film in its own right. Worth watching once if you can pick it up cheap. Shame, I was really looking forward to seeing this one but was disappointed.

Inglorious Bastards (Alternate Sleeve) [DVD]
Inglorious Bastards (Alternate Sleeve) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bo Svenson
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars His version along with a lot of his stuff is so pretentious it takes the enjoyment out of watching his films, 5 Mar. 2015
Quentin taratino is a complete self obsessed penis. His version along with a lot of his stuff is so pretentious it takes the enjoyment out of watching his films. That being said, the original Inglorious Bastards is a good fun B movie. I enjoyed the battle scenes with the never emptying magazines they use in their guns. One fantastic scene where the timing between an explosion and resulting soldier flying away on a wire had me laugh out loud!
Yes it's low budget but I enjoyed it and was worth the princely sum of £1.38 I paid for it!

Zombie Hunter [DVD]
Zombie Hunter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Trejo
Offered by Speedy Wonder

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Terrible!, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Zombie Hunter [DVD] (DVD)
I was going to say I was pleased I only paid £1.50 for this dvd but I still felt robbed.
Absolute pants! terrible acting, no plot, terrible dialogue, terrible CGI, terrible terribleness and an entire pile of awful.
If you see this to buy used for 0.01p then pass it by and get something else. But not that awful Cowboys and Zombies - that was just as bad.
It dishonours the spirit of good Zombie films.
Absolute S***TE!

The Prodigal Son [DVD]
The Prodigal Son [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yuen Biao
Offered by RAREWAVES

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent classic Wing Chun film!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Prodigal Son [DVD] (DVD)
This film along with Warriors Two are the best films of the time which showcased the Wing Chun style in Hong Kong cinema. One of my favourite kung fu films!

VIVITAR 18-36x50 SPOTTING SCOPE + CARRYING CASE AND CLEANING CLOTH NEW
VIVITAR 18-36x50 SPOTTING SCOPE + CARRYING CASE AND CLEANING CLOTH NEW

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money. It's not even poundland standard!, 2 May 2013
DO NOT BUY THIS SCOPE!!!
I've used Vivitar stuff before and had no problems.....

I wanted a cheap and cheerful spotting scope to use when I was out and about, something to throw in my bag and not worry if it got dirty or a bit bashed. I still expected it to work though. It fell apart as soon as I took it out of the box, it wouldn't focus properly and when you could get it to focus you couldn't see much through it anyway. I was going to give to my friends son as a toy to mess about with but I wasn't going to insult the lad by giving it to him. It went back in the box and sent back to the supplier for a refund. I expect much much better from Vivitar. Absolute rubbish. Do not buy it. Did I already say that? It only gets one star because I can't give it none. Once again, DO NOT BUY THIS SCOPE!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2013 9:55 AM BST

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the sequels!, 26 Feb. 2013
I saw Dredd twice at the cinema and bought the bluray as soon as it was released. This is a world away from the Stallones big let down. The film portrays a day in the life of Judge Dredd rather than a big epic storyline and it works rather well. It was missing some of the satircial and humourous elements of the comic but perhaps the director didn't think that gritty and funny could fit together in a 90ish minute film. Karl Urban does a grand job of bringing old Stoneyface to the big screen and hope to see him do it again.
The film itself isn't quite worth five stars but works well to introduce Dredd and his world as the first part of a hopeful trilogy. A few more Mega City One fatties, stookie glanders, and a return to the claustrophobic look of of the city in the comics wouldn't have done any harm. Maybe a scene with Dredd putting his daystick to good use would've been cool, maybe in the future?

The 3D is very clear especially on my tv, I was a bit disappointed by the limited extras but overall Dredd is a very worthy addition to my collection.

Adam Chaplin [DVD]
Adam Chaplin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emanuele De Santi

5.0 out of 5 stars My God, what did I just watch?, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Adam Chaplin [DVD] (DVD)
Like the other reviews have said, there's a big nod to The Story of Riki and The Fist of the North Star but Adam Chaplin is very much its own film. I'm not a massive splat gore fan so it can be a bit of an assault on the senses for people who aren't prepared. That being said, I thought this was great entertainment in an over the top surreal sadistic sort of way! Watch it with your friends then get stuck into a mixed grill with extra tomato ketchup on it!

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil [DVD] (2011)
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ Tyler Labine
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy addition to my film collection, 5 Dec. 2012
Tucker and Dale is a great laugh out loud comedy. Two crusty rednecks head into the hills to fix up their cabin and things start to happen...
The film deserves a bigger budget sequel - Tucker and Dale fight Evil, Again?

Starship Troopers [DVD] [1998]
Starship Troopers [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Casper Van Dien
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Ken and Barbie in space!, 5 Dec. 2012
Starship Troopers is an entertaining action packed sci fi film. Only slightly based on the book, it could've been so much better if they worked the powered armour into the film.
The sequels are all pants, don't bother with them!!!

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder [DVD] [2008]
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Casper Van Dien
Offered by UclickWeDeliver

1.0 out of 5 stars Starship POOpers!, 5 Dec. 2012
This is one of the worst films I've ever seen, even worse than AVP Requiem!
I'm going to invent a time machine so I can get back the time I wasted. Everyone involved must be very embarrassed by what they produced. The acting is bad, special effects are poor, plot is rubbish. Don't waste your money!

The original film is just Ken and Barbie in space but a good sci fi romp. Not as good as the book though!

Page: 1 | 2