Profile for Manoffsteel85 > Reviews

Assassin's Creed IV Figurine - Edward Kenway: The Assassin Pirate
Assassin's Creed IV Figurine - Edward Kenway: The Assassin Pirate
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly suprised!, 19 Feb. 2014
Having read a few reviews on this figure i wasn't exspecting much for the price tag.I bought this figure to go with my other assasin creed statues which i have paid quiet a bit for and i must say i think this is possibly my favourite i love how the guns go in his belt on his chest and his sword in its holster nice little touches instead of them being stuck on.As for the base which some people have had problems with mines fine realy sturdy and again has great detail in it.For the price i would strongly recommend purchasing this figure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 12:49 AM GMT

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 4 Nov. 2013
I bought this as a present for me auntie amd she loved it shes addicted lol keeps roping me and me cousin into helping here solve some of the puzzles shes had hours of fun out of this game.Great value for money frustrating amd fun at the same time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2013 2:47 PM GMT

Sacrifice
Sacrifice

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal at its best!, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sacrifice (Audio CD)
Saxon back to thier best great album.Went to see them at wolverhamton for the sacrifice album tour they never fail to dissapoint took the roof of with two hours of pure untamed heavy metal how these guys never hit the big time ill never know they are as good as any metal band out their in my opinion they are one of the best.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2013 2:43 PM GMT

Movie Masterpiece [] "The Expendables 2" 1/6 scale figure Barney Ross (second shipment) (japan import)
Offered by Japan_Hobby_Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on!, 3 Nov. 2013
As a big collecter of film memorobilia and a massive sly fan this figure for me was a must have.A lot of earlier sly figures made for rocky and rambo ive found to be very poor on the likeness front.I had never bought a hot toy figure before but they were recommended to me by a friend i thought at first the price for them was a bit steep but i thought id buy this as my first and see what all the hype was about.I certainly wasnt disopointed the likeness of fhe figure amd the the detail that has gone into the the box this figure comes in and the detail of the accesories it comes with are spot on.After purchaseing this i must say im gonna find it hard to buy any other figures that aint hot toys in the future i have many different figures and statues in my collection none of which are as good as this one.The only thing i would say is i wouldnt say thses were realy for playing with they are more for displaying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2013 8:48 PM GMT

Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

3.0 out of 5 stars Godzilla meets Transformers!, 3 Nov. 2013
If uv got a spare couple of hours to spare this is well worth a watch.Its easy on the brain and the eye.The special effects and the way the jaegers and kaiju look are oustanding.My only critisim was the plot was a bit unimagenative and id of liked to see multiple jaegers take on multiple kaijus not just one on ones or two on ones.That being said i did realy enjoy this film who doesnt like to see big robots bash the hell out of big scary monsters?.This is the type of film u can just kick back and relax to u dont need to over annalasyse things to understand whats going on what u exspect is what u get.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2013 8:47 PM GMT

Riddick [Blu-ray]
Riddick [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Vin Diesel

3.0 out of 5 stars De ja vu?, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Riddick [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I muat say it was refreshing for an actor to want to stay true to the charecter he or she was playing vin diesal was offered a sequel to the chronicless of riddick if he did a toned down 12a version.Not only did he turn it down he waited till the rights of the film were avalible to buy amd stumped up a big chunk of his own money to create riddick.As a big action film fan i salute mr diesal for not selling out and for flying the flag for action films and heros as their are to few left or alowed to do thses sort of films because theh are frightened someone may get offended and so they can vet more bums on seats.I thought the film was good the only two draw backs i found was it started a bit slow and the story seemed very very simular to that of pitch black just with a different planet and different set of aliens.Instead of them coming out in the dark these ones come out in the rain.Those to things aside the film flowed nice after the initial slow start the action seens were brutal no nonsense toned down tosh we see in most the films these days i also like the references to pitch black and the chronicles of riddick that happen through out the film.I hope this film does well as i think with a bigger budget the special effects can be polished up a bit and i belive this film is a good template and sets up well for a sequel.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 1:11 AM GMT

Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011]
Dvd ~ Chris Evans
Offered by Speedy Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bunch!, 19 Sept. 2013
I must of been having a bad day the first time I watched this film because I wasn't to impressed first time around with it maybe because I didn't know to much about this marvel charecter,After watching the rest of the avenger's stand alone film's and the avengers's it's self and reasearching a bit more on cap as a charecter I must say watching this film for a second time certain things fell into place I uderstood what was happening and I enjoyed it a lot more,I thought cap's origin story was the best of the bunch so far,I loved how some scrauny,Short skinny kid who get's knocked about by the bullies, always looked down upon, But yet has an unwavering resolve a big heart good morales and priciples could become one of the world's greatest heroes superb.The main story it's self is excellent,I loved how they incorprated things' like odin's relic the tesseract,Which is what's responsible for a lot of technology we see in the future avengers's films such as iron man's suit's power source etc...We get to see tony stark's father and see some of the important work he did in the past and how important he was to the whole avenger's project.Hugo weaving as the red skull was a brilliant casting choice for me one of the best villian's so far in the avenger's franchise.So for me Captain America I would say was probobly the best written and best executed film of the avenger's franchise so far and I cannot wait for the sequel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 9:31 PM BST

Thor (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011] [Region Free]
Thor (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth
Offered by Speedy Wonder

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 18 Sept. 2013
I must admit i was very excited about the realease of this film,Ive always been a fan of ancinet history espicialy Greek,and Norse mythology so i was intrigued to see what marvel were going to do with one of the most Popular and biggest figures from norse mytholgy Thor the god of thunder!.Needless to say I wasnt disapointed atall.Chris Hemsworth played the mighty Thor, The legend of film that is Antony Hopkins,The wise and all powerful Odin and Tom Hiddleston as the trickster Loki. For me thses three actors made the film I was shocked to learn this was Tom hiddlestons first major role and breakthrough into film after his fault less preformance as loki.The chemistry between him and Hemsworth was brilliant to watch I hope thses two can star in future film's togeather I also dont think this will be the last we see of Hiddleston in a major film,Hopkins was hopkins a genius of film and made the part of odin his own.Chris hemsworth as thor was a brilliant casting choice Know hes donned the red cape of thor I would quite like to see him don the red cape of He-man when they finally get around to remaking it.Actors aside the story was brilliant,and the visual effects from the armor,Weapons To that of the back drop of the legendary asgard itself were first class,After watchin all the avenger related film's so far I feel this is my personal favourite and I can not wait for the sequel,On watching trailers,Of Thor The dark world I feel It could be the film of 2013 can't wait.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 9:29 PM BST

Iron Man 3 [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Iron Man 3 [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame, 18 Sept. 2013
I can say I thought the First Instalment of Iron man was a classic superb film,With probobly one of the best orgin stories second only to cap's in my opinion I would give that film 4 Star's out of 5,The second Instalment was Good enjoyed it but lacked Somthing from the first I'd Give that 3 star's out of five a good film but not quite on the same level as the first.Iron mans Outing in avengers I would say was his best Yet he stole the show for me 5 out of 5 stars.So with iron man 3 I was full of antisipation as I thought this was gonna be the best film of the bunch And would Finish the triology in style.How wrong i was,Like all the previous Ironman film's this one did not dissapoint visualy and u could tell theyd spent a lot on the affects and looks of the film.I would say this film started of ok a little slow but ok,I liked how the once cocky self obsessedd,Tony Stark had a more human and humble deminar in this film after the event's which took place in the avenger's which in this film made him question everything from his self belif and so on,Like i said i felt the film started a bit slow until they introduced the mandarin then i was hooked I couldn't belive What i was seeing I thought Ironman had gone Dark knight on us with this evil dictator style charecter who seemed would stop at nothing to control the world and destroy anyone who got in his way including Ironman.You felt the mandarian was ironman's equal and would test Tony stark(Ironman) to the limit,Then came the Mandarin Twist and for me if i hadn't Just spent 30 quid treating the family and it was me who was driving I'd of quite honestly walked out the cinema in disgust,What could of been an epic film and a classic was ruined with one of the worst plot twists I've ever seen in a film the only good and ingenious thing about it is you would never of seen it coming in a million years.Some people would say that was what was so good about it thats' fine and i toataly respect ur opinion but for me it killed the film of straight away,It was like marvel were going one direction with the film then bottled it,Like so many film's know creators are scarred of offending people so they lower age ratings of films to get bum's on seats and to stay Pc.This film slightly redemmed it self at the end with the battle seens with all ironman's collection of suit's But for me it was to little to late.Like the title of the review say's I'ts a shame what they did with this film as if theyd' not done what they did with the mandarin and left it as it was this film could of been a classic and possibly the best Insalment of the Avenger's Franchise so far Shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 9:24 PM BST

Batman Dark Knight Trilogy Play Arts Kai The Joker Action Figure
Batman Dark Knight Trilogy Play Arts Kai The Joker Action Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality!, 18 Sept. 2013
Im a big movie fan and avid film memerobilia collecter,The new batman triology I would say is one of the best there is and each individual film on its own are superb.I recived this figure of Heath ledger as the joker for my birthday,I was thrilled,Ive never bought any figures my self from play art's kai but i certainly will know,The figure looks very much like Heath ledger and the build quality and and detail gone into the figure and the box he comes in are excellent,I would say this is probobly the best likness Ive seen in a figure of Heath ledger as the joker so far without stumping up the mega bucks and buying the Hot toy version.Know I just need to buy batman to go with him :).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 9:27 PM BST