Profile for Kincaid > Reviews

Content by Kincaid

Kincaid

Mr Porty ® 5 port USB Travel Charger for iPhone, iPad, MP3, Samsung and Android Smart Phone and Tablets 4.1A - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for no-fuss holidays., 25 Jan. 2015
Great travel charger. You don't even think twice about adapters and plugs when you want to go on holiday. Just drop one of these in your bag and you're sorted. Spain, USA, China, anywhere you go on holiday, this Mr Porty charger is perfect.

Plus, from experience, if you forget it in the hotel and need to wait a couple of days for a new one, all your usual chargers are still at home. :)

Mr Porty Powerbank 8000mAh with FREE 3-in-1 charger Cable. Slim Light-Weight Power Bank Mobile Phone Charger For ALL SMART PHONES including iPhone 5, 6, 6 plus, Samsung, HTC, SILVER finish Brushed Aluminium in Cadboard Giftbox. Has 2 USB ports for charging 2 devices at the same time. Fully charges your phone several times on-the-go. Pocket-sized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for our satnav., 24 Jan. 2015
We used another sort of Mr Porty powerbank for festivals and it was amazing. So when we found out our new car and old satnav weren't compatible, we got another Mr Porty to permanently live in the car, to charge the satnav off. Very pleased with this, it sits nicely over the cup area, we can go weeks without needing to recharge it, depending on how often we use our satnav. We even top-up our phones' charge sometimes.

Mr Porty ® POWERBANK 13000mAh USB External Battery Backup Pack - with FREE micro USB - INCLUDING LED TORCH - Mobile Phone Power Pack, High Capacity Portable Battery Charger Power Bank (Dual 5V 2A USB Output) for Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 2/1, iPad 5/4 (Lightning Cable not Provided), iPhone 4S, iPad 3/2/1; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Ace, Note 3/2; HTC One, Sensation, Desire C S X, Wildfire S; Google Nexus 7, Nexus 10; Nokia Lumia 920 800 900 N8; Motorola Razr; LG Optimus; Blackberry Z10; Sony Xperia Z - White

5.0 out of 5 stars A festival must have., 24 Jan. 2015
Mr Porty powerbank is great. Kept my phone alive during a 5 day festival and my phone really chews it battery. Was also able to recharge a friend's phone. A must have.

ProntoTec 7 inch KidTab C72R Android Tablet PC for Kids,Android 4.4 KitKat OS, Dual Core RK3026 Cortex A9 CPU Dual Cameras 4GB, Wi-Fi - Christmas and birthday gift for your love! (Green)
Offered by Citus Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift!, 8 Jan. 2015
Got one for my nephew and it's awesome. It has a number of apps that can entertain kids and, whilst I'm not 100% what age range it's meant for, he's 10 and loves it. The resolution is very good for his games and we sometimes use it to chat over Skype and he will run around the house with "me", showing me things and asking his mother to talk to me. We've also loaded some books in pdf format for him and he will happily sit there reading them for hours, something that doesn't always happen with paper books!

Mobie Dazzle Amlogic S805- Quad Core Cortex-A5 1.5GHz Android KitKat 4.4 OS XBMC Streaming HD TV Box Player
Offered by Citus Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product at a great price., 8 Jan. 2015
This Mobie streamer is one of the best we've had. Fast downloads and streaming, great access to a wide range of media. We also use it for Skype and the speed and quality of the recording is amazing. Good WiFi range, really easy to set up (I'm a tech klutz and even I got it working on the first go!) and to use. Lots of helpful features that make it really easy to collect the apps you want and organize them. Definitely recommend giving it a try. It has outperformed many more expensive ones, in our opinion!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 12:19 PM GMT

Toolkit: Corporate Transformation to Improve Productivity and Innovation
Toolkit: Corporate Transformation to Improve Productivity and Innovation

5.0 out of 5 stars Toolkit for productivity, 29 Dec. 2014
The important thing I learned from this book is that a company needs to go for innovation driven productivity. Productivity without innovation is not sustainable. Innovation without productivity is waste of resources. interestingly, the author is able to measure the impact of innovation and productivity on corporate transformation.

Kiss Me When I'm Dead
Kiss Me When I'm Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant PI novel. It's action-packed, the characters are down-to-Earth and genuine and the suspense is expertly balanced., 19 Nov. 2014
I was hooked from the first chapter and just had to read it through in a sitting. The twists and turns of the plot kept me hooked from first to last page. This story is packed with adventure, action and amazing detail, yet somehow the pace is perfect. The characters are highly realistic and believable, both in and out of scene. I was immersed in the storyline and, despite definitely not being a PI with a shady background, I felt it easy to relate to Beckett. His inner dialogue is well-structured and entertaining, without detratcing any seriousness from his character. Whilst he's definitely not representative of Joe Average and may be unpleasant to read for some people, he makes a solid and believable character throughout and is actually pretty likeable.

The modernity of the setting and relative youth of the lead character takes it away from the "1920s-1950s salty old person running a small, failing PI business" trope. It's refreshing to see how much more modern, faster paced and overall novel the setting and ideas are!

I would recommend this book to all lovers of crime novels, pulp fiction, thrillers, action novels and real-life-style novels.

Paleofantasy: What Evolution Really Tells Us About Sex, Diet, and How We Live
Paleofantasy: What Evolution Really Tells Us About Sex, Diet, and How We Live
by Marlene Zuk

1.0 out of 5 stars Straw-Man., 27 May 2013
Whilst her book is an excellent read, she continually sets up and attacks a straw man.
All her evolutionary points are valid, yet she ignores one simple fact: the "Paleo diet" is not a recreation.
In that one sentence the entire argument of her book (that "recreating" a Paleolithic diet is silly) becomes null. Yes, it IS silly. That's why we don't do it. Anyone who'd done any amount of research into the different types of "Paleo diets" would have realized that long before writing a book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 5:04 PM GMT