Profile for Sara Mthomas > Reviews

Content by Sara Mthomas

Sara Mthomas "sara" (wales)

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
by La Leche League International

5.0 out of 5 stars buy me buy me buy me an excelent source of info.., 12 Aug 2012
I wish I read this book before I started breastfeeding but luckily enough i prouduced copious amounts of milk and did'nt have many problems with it, however the book was a hive of information on every aspect of breastfeeding from newborn to toddler and beyond, everything you need to know and almost every problem you WILL encounter on your breastfeeding journey will be in this book, I really believe it should be given to every mother who wants to nurse or try nursing, I really found the going back to work section good as I am still feeding my 15 month old and wanted to continue feeding her, I didnt want my milk to dry up and had some good pointers in there on expressing ect, I did however have a colicky baby and although my midwife swore blind breastfed babies DO NOT get colick,but there is was in the book, I over prouduced milk and my let down was to quick for my newborn so expressing off a bit of my milk before a feed helped a little on times as it took away the fountain guzzling down my poor baby's tiny mouth, I still read the book as I did encounter a few problems like my baby only feeding off one side, over prouduction, and the constant wondering if she was getting enough milk in those very early days, I am a pro now and can control my milk production depending on how often I feed my greedy piggy who loves the booby so much she would have me walk around braless so she could latch on anytime she wants!!! it is a beautiful way to bond with your baby and the longer you breastfeed the better it gets, an excellent book for anyone who has an interest in nursing, for new mothers and mothers who have bottle fed and want to have a go at joining the breastfeeding clan.....a really really really informative read that I would highly recommend.

Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
by Deborah Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars saved my sleepless nights. wonderful book., 12 Aug 2012
I only wish I read this book before my daughter was born, I struggled with the so called routine i was told to stick to by my midwife and found the putting baby down in her own bed after breastfeeding her a total nightmare,I was constantly told not to even attempt to sleep with her as I would lie on her and was given leaflets re SIDS, it was not untill i stopped listening to midwives and took my colicky, screaming baby girl into my bed did we start getting some sleep and she settled, it was like a new baby, after all, a child should be next to their mother, animals do not make their newborns sleep in baskets in the other room!!! the book was insightful although it had a lot of history in it and child rearing practises in other cultures which was very interesting, it stuck to the point and was a really good read, especially if you are breastfeeding, buy this book if you know someone who is about to have a baby and also wants to breastfeed it's a must. I have reccommended it to many of my friends . excellent book.

Papillon (Harper Perennial Modern Classics)
Papillon (Harper Perennial Modern Classics)
by Henri Charrière

5.0 out of 5 stars my top ten books to read in a life time!, 21 Jan 2008
This was a fantastic book to read , full of adventure, papillon seems to take you on his journey, His endurance of the french penal system and his outlook on life was never dampend by the way he was so brutally treated and his adventures when he managed to escape were full of bizzarre and wonderfull people he would meet, (the indians), If you are going to read this book then i would suggest reading his second book, Banco! brilliant reading from an extremly intelligent man.

Miles from Nowhere
Miles from Nowhere
by Barbara Savage

5.0 out of 5 stars couldnt put this one down....., 21 Nov 2007
This review is from: Miles from Nowhere (Paperback)
this was a great read, i loved this book it was so down to earth and real, none of this travelling with no problems at all, it had all the awfull things that would happen to you if you decided to just up and leave and travel the world on your bike and all the wonderfull that happen too! a terrible twist at the end though. I will be reading this book again and again.......