Profile for John > Reviews

Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus
Wacom Bamboo Duo Stylus
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish pen / stylus, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this as a stylus for my ipad, but find I use it as much as a pen as a stylus. I also have an adonit jot pro, but find I use this much more.

Huawei E5151 21Mbps Mobile Wi-Fi Router
Huawei E5151 21Mbps Mobile Wi-Fi Router
Offered by NowView

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile internet / wifi, 12 Aug 2013
I bought this so that I could use my standard ipad while I was out and about. I got the one with the ethernet connection to allow me to make a wireless hotspot at work and if I was in any hotel rooms with only ethernet connections.
I have found I use this box all the time and paired up with 3 internet cards, it makes a great way to get internet at speeds as fast or faster than the free wifi that you see advertised in coffee shops / hotels etc.
Very happy with it.

Lindy 31886 - 3m USB 2.0 Cable - Type A to Mini-B, Black
Lindy 31886 - 3m USB 2.0 Cable - Type A to Mini-B, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built cable, 12 Aug 2013
I got this cable to charge my PS3 controllers, I had used cheaper leads in the past, but they either broke, or in one case ripped the mini usb pins out of the controller and killed it!

This lead on the other hand is well built and so far I have had no problems with it. I would be happy to buy Lindy cables again in the future.

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Pikmin on the Wii U, 12 Aug 2013
We have been waiting a while for this game and now we have it, it doesn't disappoint. The only problem I have is trying to wrestle it off the kids to get a go.

Edz Kidz - Pink Kids Ear Defenders
Edz Kidz - Pink Kids Ear Defenders
Offered by Grendle_Enterprises

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kids ear defenders, but quite tight out of the box, 12 Aug 2013
Great ear defenders and the kids didn't mind wearing them, but they were a bit tight out of the box. It helps to stretch them slightly. The kids ended up using them to fall asleep during festivals. Would be 5 stars if just slightly looser as they were tight on a 9 month old.

Kidz Kids Ear Defenders/Protectors Hearing Protection Black
Kidz Kids Ear Defenders/Protectors Hearing Protection Black
Offered by LAS Safety

Great ear defenders and the kids didn't mind wearing them, but they were a bit tight out of the box. It helps to stretch them slightly. The kids ended up using them to fall asleep during festivals. Would be 5 stars if just slightly looser as they were tight on a 6 year old.

The Elements of C# Style
The Elements of C# Style
by Kenneth Baldwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good concise style book, 12 Aug 2013
As expected, this book is laid out in the same style as the elements of style book by Strunk and White. It offers a good set of rules that add uniformity to your code and is a really good base for coming up with your own or team style guide. I thought it might be a bit dated now, but no, it is still really relevant to newer versions of c#.

Out Of Sight Bracket-White-for the Apple AirPort Express or Apple TV
Out Of Sight Bracket-White-for the Apple AirPort Express or Apple TV
Offered by GOBUDi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holder for apple airport express, 12 Aug 2013
This holder just clips around the airport express and can either be screwed onto the wall / underneath a desk or stuck on with the sticky pads. Does exactly what I wanted and holds the airport express well even with shielded cat 6 cables attached to it.

Doxie Go - Rechargeable A4 Paper Scanner
Doxie Go - Rechargeable A4 Paper Scanner
Offered by Apparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable document scanner, 28 Feb 2013
Very simple to set up and use, and not needing to be attached to a computer while it is scanning is a real bonus. The doxie software is easy to use too and does the job well. I'm very happy with it!