Profile for Mr.T > Reviews

Famous Five Adventure Game Books: 1: Search For Treasure
Famous Five Adventure Game Books: 1: Search For Treasure
by Enid Blyton

4.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite, 7 Aug 2013
I read these books as a child. Such a good idea, allowing reader to choose route through story. Seemed quite old fashioned now but my 7year old adored it and the novelty of choice really engaged her. The 'mild peril' kept her in suspense, a lovely read. Although I still found myself giggling at 'aunt Fanny'! Old habits die hard. . .

Merrell Mens TRAIL GLOVE Outdoor Fitness Shoes
Merrell Mens TRAIL GLOVE Outdoor Fitness Shoes
Price: £59.99 - £79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin Awesome, 8 Feb 2013
My wife bought me these as a present - Well Done Love!!!

These trainers have a nice wide toe box, I used to go for the specifically wider fit New Balance trainer and these were fine for me. The way that they hold your foot when running through boggy mud is great (I have never had one come off), they dry really quiclky, and are take well to being cleaned with a brush. I found the tiny bit of arch support reassuring and helped me transition.

What I would say was that I eased in to these trainers doing all the things that the numerous websites say will help you transition. As part of that easing I ran in a pair of Nike Frees for a while - personally I would not have liked to have just gone straight into the Merrell. But once you do get to it, these trainers do almost force your form, because there is little cushioning and no drop.

After initially being quite sceptical I decided to make the transition to minimal trainers, I would never go back. Just to say for anyone thinking of doing it, I always went for a trainer with all the support going, as I was told that is what I needed because I am quite tall and heavy set - I now think that advice was a load of balls.

Go for it!

Asics Men's Jacket Detachable Sleeves - True Red, X-Large
Asics Men's Jacket Detachable Sleeves - True Red, X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket - order a big size!, 8 Nov 2012
This jacket seems great. However the sizing is incredibly small. I have two draws of t-shirts in my house all of them size L. On the advice of an earlier reviewer I ordered a size up to XL but this still came up small so had to send it back and get the XXL. I found that the XL was perfect for me in terms of its length and the width across my stomach etc, but I am quite broad (used to go to the gym a lot) and found that it was really tight across my back, chest and under the arms. I think if you look ion the photo they give it loks fitted in this area.