Profile for E. J. Stevens > Reviews

Content by E. J. Stevens

E. J. Stevens "Diocletian" (Southampton - UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Runnin' With The Wolf
Runnin' With The Wolf
Price: 10.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Runnin' With The Wolf (Audio CD)
I bought it mainly because they were playing a track frim it at HMV - Killing Floor - which sounded really good so I checked out the cover to see what else was on the CD. I was in a band at the time and there were a number of 'classics' on it that we were learning to play so I ordered it. To be honest I bought it for the music and the musicians playing on it more that because it was an Omar Dykes CD. But it's a great CD. As for Omar Dykes I prefer the CD he did with Jimmie Vaughan On the Jimmy Reed Highway which I would give a 5.

Cookin' in Mobile
Cookin' in Mobile
Price: 13.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cookin' in Mobile (Audio CD)
There was something missing about his performance. I really do like Robert Cray but maybe this dvd didn't quite meet my expectations. I might have to keep looking. Best tracks for me are Smoking Gun, Right Next Door and Phone Booth.

LIVE Momentum
LIVE Momentum
Price: 26.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: LIVE Momentum (Audio CD)
I came across Neal Morse in You Tube, I don't know how or why, and was completely amazed. If, like me, you grew up listening to the 'prog rock' bands I'm sure you will like this.

ONX3 MOTOROLA MOTO E XT1021 PREMIUM PU LEATHER Pull Tab Cord Skin Case Cover - Various Colours (Black)
Offered by ONX3
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 21 Jun 2014
Although it's a pretty basic design it does what I want. Offers good protection for my phone and at a reasonable price.

The Complete Animals
The Complete Animals
Price: 8.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great band they were, 12 May 2014
This review is from: The Complete Animals (Audio CD)
I have always liked the Animals, through most of their incarnations, but I find that the early 'original' Animals are the most consistant. I am surprised at how fresh they sound today. Eric Burdon's vocals are spot on and Alan Price is incredible on piano and organ. What I hadn't realised at the time - way back when - was how good a guitarist Hilton Valentine was. The drums and bass are perfect too. Credit must also go to Mickie Most, who as producer, has managed to make a great job of producing the tracks on this compilation..

Windows 8 For Dummies Book + DVD Bundle
Windows 8 For Dummies Book + DVD Bundle
by Andy Rathbone
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I should have shopped around before buying this, 17 Feb 2014
I bought it 'on spec' as it came with a dvd. Having checked the shelves in my local bookshops I've seen others books on Windows 8 that I prefer. Shop around before you buy this.

The Deepest End
The Deepest End
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Deepest End (Audio CD)
What a revelation this was. Amazing band. There's something for everyone here. Warren Hayes looks really in his element here.

Henrik Freischlader -Henrik Freischlader: Show No. 47 (2dvd)
Henrik Freischlader -Henrik Freischlader: Show No. 47 (2dvd)
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice guitar, 17 Feb 2014
I like the band a lot. Bass, drums, keyboards and guitar. A nice clean sound. A few of the songs - especially the slow ones had some lovely guitar playing on them. The only song I found disappointing was I'd rather go blind. My favourite tracks were I loved another woman, the old Fleetwood Mac song, and The memory of our love. A real lesson in dynamics.

Under The Covers
Under The Covers
Price: 24.73

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually quite liked it, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Under The Covers (Audio CD)
I noticed that the first few reviews were all 3 stars which is a shame. I actually quite liked it. It's probably more a matter of taste whether you feel the songs work or not. So, for example I really liked her cover of the old Faces song Stay With Me and the Bad Company song. I've got the CD on my Walkman and it's always a pleasant surprise when one of the tracks comes up when I have it on 'shuffle' and makes my bus journey to and from work more bearable.

The Royal Sessions
The Royal Sessions
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 11.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected it to be better, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Royal Sessions (Audio CD)
Okay, first of all I really like Paul Rogers in his FREE days and Bad Company days and YES the guy can still sing. I was however quite disappointed with this album. His vocals are spot on and the backing band are really good. That's not the problem. For me the problem lies in the choice of music. I think the material he chose for this album was too high profile and because of this as I listened to the tracks I could almost hear the originals 'in my mind' and didn't feel that anything new had been added. There were two tracks I liked, probably because I wasn't very familiar with the original versions. Having said that, for anyone who is not familiar with the originals this would be good introduction to some really great songs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4