Profile for Gale > Reviews

Content by Gale

Gale "Thriller addict" (Devon)

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Time to stop??, 7 July 2014
No one is a bigger fan of JK Rowling or the crime novel scene than myself, but I'm afraid that the two just don't go together in this book. I really enjoyed The Cukoo's Calling, and looked forward to the sequel, but I really struggled to finish this book and by the end, wished I hadn't bothered. I found I didn't care about any of the characters, and even the relationship between Strike and Robin, seemed hollow this time around.
They say that everyone has one book in them, and Jo Rowling had seven absolutely fantastic books in her, perhaps now, the time has come to stop, or better still, go back to writing about the wizarding world that two thirds of the muggle world love so much.

Dyson Digital Slim DC35 Multi Floor Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Digital Slim DC35 Multi Floor Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Deals4u Limited
Price: 225.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit!, 18 May 2014
I bought this cleaner for the wooden floor in our business. I thought it would be ideal for going in and around chair and table legs, and it's swivel head certainly does this job well. The battery life is more than adequate and it is a joy to use. The only thing stopping me giving it five stars is the fact that the power button does not click on, and has to be held on all the time. I appreciate this helps preserve battery life, but after 10 minutes continual use, it leaves a red mark on your finger. Other than that, I would highly recommend this product.

Just One Evil Act (Inspector Lynley Mystery Book 15)
Just One Evil Act (Inspector Lynley Mystery Book 15)
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 9 Nov 2013
I have read the Linley series from the beginning and have really enjoyed the journey, but as others have commented, it's almost as if this story was written by someone else. We are asked to believe in characters that we have known for years, behaving completely out of character. The police procedure in this book is totally UN believable, and the constant Italian dialogue incredibly annoying and distracting. I did enjoy the character of the Italian Inspector, but this was supposed to be a Linley story, and he it seems, along with dear Barbara, has lost the plot entirely.

Magic Academy 2 Lite: mystery tower
Magic Academy 2 Lite: mystery tower
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game, 3 Oct 2013
Good story with fabulous graphics. Slightly annoying dialogue, but you can speed it up by continually tapping the screen. It's better with the sound off in my opinion. The mini games are entertaining and challenging in places - all in all, a lot of fun. If you bought the first one, you'll enjoy this one even more! (BTW I did get stuck trying to fix a garden tool on one level, but resolved it by going into OPTIONS and shrinking the screen on my Kindle Fire HD).

Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)
Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 April 2013
One of those rare stories that make you think at the time, and then
feel obliged to discuss with your nearest and dearest in the morning!
A thoroughly enjoyable trilogy - can't wait for the fourth book. Certainly an author to watch!

Word4Pics: 4 Pics 1 Word Pro
Word4Pics: 4 Pics 1 Word Pro
Price: 0.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor game, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Word4Pics: 4 Pics 1 Word Pro (App)
There are many good word games out there - sadly this is not one of them. It has American spelling which is confusing and the word association were at best tenuous. Gave up after 2 attempts.

Marware Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices, Yellow
Marware Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices, Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 14 Dec 2012
Bought this to avoid getting fingerprints on my love Kindle Fire, and even sceptics like my children love using it. It is light and feels great to use, fits nicely on the spine of the Kindle and even the yellow colour which I had been a bit worried about, turned out to be more of a gold. Superb product.

SketchBook Mobile
SketchBook Mobile
Price: 1.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value app, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: SketchBook Mobile (App)
This is well worth paying the extra for as it does a lot more than Mobile X. It can takes a moment or two to work out where everything is, (but I am an older user and new to android devices and their workings) however when you do, it's fabulous. I have done some fairly simple doodles, emailed them to my inbox and then printed them out on my basic printer, and even my non-artistic husband was impressed with the quality and accurate reproduction of the images. Very happy!