Profile for Ms. D. PEACH DEEGAN > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. PEACH D...

Ms. D. PEACH DEEGAN "suedeapple" (dorset)

Stephen King's The Stand [DVD]
Stephen King's The Stand [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Sinise
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars M O O N - that spells gotta get it, 10 Jan 2004
I first saw this when it was put on sky over a few nights years and years ago. I had the foresight then to tape it, and it has stood the test of time, and has given me hours of enjoyment ever since.
There is humour, humanity, evil, fear, loving, you see how the survivors of a flu epidemic in the USA divide into two groups , the good and the bad. The acting is superb, the storyline intense, and I can honestly say this is one of the best translations into film of Stephen Kings work.
I have been waiting anxiously for this to be released, as my old tape is now seriously on its last legs. Thats how good it is.
Did I mention the music? Decent and has great variety.
M O O N that spells buy it, you certainly wont be disappointed. Hours of entertainment that will have you enthralled with the honest portrayal of man at his best and worst. The epidemic could happen, especially nowadays with the SARRS virus, maybe it gives us all an insight as to the worst that could happen.
Rob Lowe's portrayal of a deaf mute only fails once, and I myself only noticed this the 15th time of watching it. I cannot think of any actor or character that lets the standard down. The only thing I don't understand is why it hasn't been on screen since.
I could rant more about the storyline, the characters, but there is no need to spoil what is a thought provoking film done with humour and the Stephen King touch of humanity at its worst.
Buy it, watch it, you wont be disappointed