Profile for Jumpingjack > Reviews

Content by Jumpingjack

Jumpingjack

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as described, 29 Mar. 2014
The Lego piece aside - the description of the product is misleading and incorrect "Brand New Unopened". The pack has been opened and the pieces placed inside a clear plastic bag. There are others on Amazon who take the care to place the items back into the original packing and seal them which is far better when giving to your kids as a 'surprise'. I wouldn't use these suppliers again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2014 4:20 PM BST

THE LEGO MOVIE - 71004 - TACO MAN MINIFIGURE
THE LEGO MOVIE - 71004 - TACO MAN MINIFIGURE
Offered by Just-The-Thing

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as described, 29 Mar. 2014
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2014 4:39 PM BST

A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)
A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)

4.0 out of 5 stars Jacks almost back!, 3 Sept. 2012
This read was a very welcome return back for our Mr Jack Reacher following the dreadful 'Affair".

The story starts wells and never lets go. Great moments in the car scenes. He even changes his standard approach of the usual 'bedroom" scene with usual female character which was welcome. Although I was surprised the she got shot in the head instead.

I could also see a slight angle for a sequel as it seems Mr Big gets away at the end.

Happy that Mr Child has almost found his form again. But please dont cast Tom Cruise in the film version!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2013 11:43 AM BST

Systems Of Romance
Systems Of Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 29 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Systems Of Romance (Audio CD)
Playing this album takes me back to the Blitz days... brilliant. Quiet Men was the nights big opener for me at the time.

The Affair: (Jack Reacher 16)
The Affair: (Jack Reacher 16)
by Lee Child

2.0 out of 5 stars The long, drawn out affair, 15 Oct. 2011
I have to admit to being a fan of the Jack Reacher novels and have read all the books. The novels sometimes hit and sometimes they miss. This one unfortunately for me was a large miss.

A slow story line, no real 'Reacher" tension or drama in the story line and a conclusion that had me confused as to how Reacher had reached it.

What with the rather poor iPhone Reacher "game" and the somewhat confusing casting of Tom Cruise as Reacher in a supposed movie, it looks like Mr Child has sold out and forgotten some of the original core values of the earlier books. Please get back to the style in the 'Killing Floor' or 'The Persuader'.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still get the next Reacher, but will wait until it is available as a cheap paperback next time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2012 9:24 PM BST

Twelve South BassJump Portable Subwoofer for MacBook/MacBook Pro
Twelve South BassJump Portable Subwoofer for MacBook/MacBook Pro

4.0 out of 5 stars Bassjump for iMac, 16 April 2011
I either listen to music while using the iMac (27") at home or a few people gather round to watch/ listen to something interesting on the mac.

In both situations the Bassjump enhances the sound quality - especially the base & vocals.

After reading a few reviews I wasn't sure if this would be the right product for me, but I didn't want all the cabling & mess of a 2.1 system crowding my work desk area. The Bassjump ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned - its not a full blown sound solution that some may want, but for a general uplift in the sound quality produced from the already superb sound system in the iMac it's great. I even use this setup now rather than an iPod in a Bose speaker when we have a few friends over.

Build quality is excellent and it finished in the same material as the iMac and so doesn't look out of place tucked underneath it.

I would heartily recommend this to anyone who is after similar.

Sennheiser PXC 310 BT Closed Mini Headphones (NoiseGard 2.0 Technology,Talk Through Function,Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Transmission)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect headphones, 25 Jan. 2011
I purchased these headphones with the sole intention of connecting to my iMac, as I use headphones whilst working for background music & radio. The lack of cables is a revelation! No more cables knocking cups and keyboards. The Bluetooth also has a great range - I can walk into adjacent rooms without losing reception - cuts out at around 8M. Iv'e tried them with the iPhone when playing music and they are great on the move. The volume and track controls are easy to access and I don't feel like I look like a DJ lost on the Tube network!

I opted for the noise reduction option purely as the additional cost over the plain Bluetooth version didn't seem that much. However, I have a pair of Bose noise reduction headsets which, in my opinion, are slightly better performers keeping out the droning noise when flying. But the PXC 310 BT come a close second and make a useful back-up pair or for use by others when travelling with the family.

A great addition - would recommend them.