Profile for D. Shaw > Reviews

Content by D. Shaw

D. Shaw "Dan Shaw" (Channel Islands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Powerball Neon Pro - Amber
Powerball Neon Pro - Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Powerball Neon Pro (Sports)
Great gift.

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 20 Aug 2014
Excellent value for money.

Note, I recommend that you pay a little bit extra for this product with case.
Actually the quality is better as you get metal spinlocks instead of plastic and the chrome bars feel much nicer in the hand.

Duracell Rechargeable DRC4L Battery for Canon NB-4L Digital Camera
Duracell Rechargeable DRC4L Battery for Canon NB-4L Digital Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 20 Aug 2014
Replacement battery for my Canon Ixus 5 camera.
Long lasting and excellent value for money.

Shure SRH550DJ DJ Headphones
Shure SRH550DJ DJ Headphones
Offered by JSP online

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you plan to use for a short time only!, 20 Aug 2014
I purchased these headphones because these things have 50mm magnets and I really like my electronic music with plenty of bass.
They do have a decent sound but unfortunately the consequence of the design is that too much heat is generated for comfortable listening.
Also, the cable is ridiculously long for any other use other than the intended purpose DJing.
Unfortunately, I snagged my cable on something when I was walking down the road so unfortunately there is no sound now and the headphones are out of use. Not sure if I will bother to have them fixed.
I had very high hopes because of the Shure brand being associated with top of the range headphone but was left underwhelmed because of the problems with the heat.
Sorry, I can not recommend this product.

SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-FFP Ultra 32 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money. Top Brand., 20 Aug 2014
MicroSD is an excellent format because it can be used in most mobile phones these days and also in cameras or laptop with an adapter.

Excellent value for money.

Straw 5 Light Semi Flush Light Finish: Chrome
Straw 5 Light Semi Flush Light Finish: Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 20 Aug 2014
Excellent. Also, see my review for...

Straw 3 Light Semi Flush Light Finish: Chrome

TP-Link TD-W8968 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (USB Port for Storage Sharing, Printer Sharing, 3G Modem Sharing, FTP Server and Media Server)

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns ordinary modem router into a NAS drive - Excellent value for money!, 20 Aug 2014
What makes this modem router so special is the almost unnoticed USB socket at the rear of the unit.
Plug in a 2TB portable 2.5 drive to turn this little baby into a full NAS drive for very little cost.
I regularly stream movies from the modem router to my tv stick (plugged into my tv in the lounge) in different formats upto about 4GB without any problems.
I leave the hard drive plugged in most of the time and it is brilliant. Very neat and the hard drive takes all the power from the USB.

I previously had a dedicated NAS that took ages to turn on, had a noisy fan which died after less than two years. The hard drive had a non standard connection so it was a pain to extract data from the drive.
Transfers to my old NAS drive wirelessly took ages previously but now I can plug the portable hard drive into my laptop and copy movies and large amounts of data fairly quickly.

I love this modem router!

3 Light Semi Flush Light Finish: Chrome
3 Light Semi Flush Light Finish: Chrome
Offered by My Green Lighting

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 20 Aug 2014
I am very happy with this light fitting.

I would recommend small round led light bulbs. They are not very common but you can find them if you search for...

Integral LED ILP45E14O4.0N27KBCMA E14 Small Edison Screw 4 Watt LED 250 lm Mini Globe Golfball Non-Dimmable Bulb, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money - recommended., 20 Aug 2014
I have had these in my kitchen for over 6 months now.
There is plenty of light from the 6 bulbs I have mounted on two light fittings.
Cheap to run, instant light, very compact and aesthetically pleasing light bulb.
If you want good light fittings to match, look for "Straw 3 Light Semi Flush Light Finish: Chrome"
I hope they last for many years but time will tell.
Very happy with the purchase.

Christmas Dogs - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Christmas Dogs - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 20 Aug 2014
Ideal Christmas gift for the person you don't know what to buy.
I suppose it could cause some embarrassment if the people you sent an Amazon gift card to also don't know what to buy you and send back to you an Amazon gift card!
To any relatives out there...I like receiving these! lol

Page: 1 | 2 | 3