Profile for LJ > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Polarn O. Pyret Sunbeam Girl's Vest Poppy 4-6 yrs
Polarn O. Pyret Sunbeam Girl's Vest Poppy 4-6 yrs

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but pricey, 24 May 2013
Nice soft vest but quite expensive - especially as it is made in China, rather than Sweden as i had hoped.

Disney Princess Training Seat
Disney Princess Training Seat
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No more potty!, 24 May 2013
Fab seat- good size and most importantly doesn't slip. My 3 year old had been put off moving from potty to loo due to some seats that slipped around when she was on them. This one grips really well and has princesses on- a winner! No more cleaning out the potty...win, win.

The Lindam Safe & Secure Bedrail
The Lindam Safe & Secure Bedrail
Offered by Ben Madigan
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bedrail- but not sure for travel., 23 May 2010
I don't agree with the reviews saying that this is either difficult to put together or put on the bed. It takes a little effort but from opening the box to getting on the bed it took me about 20mins. I am very happy with it and my boisterous 2 year old boy loves it too. It goes up and down easily which is handy. The blue colour which is bizarrely cheaper than the beige, is a surprisingly inoffensive colour and blends in well with his colourful room. I have taken off a star because I am not sure it would be very good for travel. A bit much faff perhaps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2012 1:43 PM GMT

LEGO DUPLO 4986 Digger
LEGO DUPLO 4986 Digger

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego, I love you!, 23 May 2010
This review is from: LEGO DUPLO 4986 Digger (Toy)
This is such a great toy I am now buying it as a present for all other little boys I know in this age group. My 2 1/2 year old loves diggers/ all construction toys, so we were going to be on to a winner, but I never imagined he would play with it quite so much. I also have the cement mixer and between the 2 of them he can play construction sites for hours. Great that he can put wheels on himself, although he still needs help with the scoop and arm... but then these toys are about them developing their skills so that is to be expected. Delighted.

Clippasafe Bath Toy Bag
Clippasafe Bath Toy Bag
Offered by 1stopbabystore
Price: 4.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for price, 23 May 2010
These are great little bags. I got 2 and they are more than enough for the huge collection of plastic rubbish that my 2 year old has managed to accumulate. They stick very well to our wall tiles... he has tried (and failed) to pull them off. So very happy especially for the price. Would recommend them.

Hooray for Fish!
Hooray for Fish!
by Lucy Cousins
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray indeed!, 15 Feb 2010
This review is from: Hooray for Fish! (Board book)
A great book- lovely colours and illustrations. A pleasure to read but also educational. My 2 1/2 year old loves pointing out the colours and shapes. Lovely lovely!

Floss
Floss
by Kim Lewis
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise hit!, 30 Nov 2009
This review is from: Floss (Paperback)
My little boy (2) was given this and I really didn't expect much of it.... the colours aren't the wild, bright colours of most story books for his age. But it has been a real hit. I love reading it and the drawings are beautiful. Even though I have read this book for the last 4 months at least once a day, I haven't tired of it and nor has he. If you come from a farming background, it will take you back... the only downside is that it makes me sad that my little boy won't grow up with the same experience! But at least with Floss he is halfway there. Going to get Floss's puppy now!

Orchard Toys Big Wheels
Orchard Toys Big Wheels
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dig dig dig!, 23 Nov 2009
This review is from: Orchard Toys Big Wheels (Toy)
My little boy (26 months) is digger (and most other construction vehicle) mad... and loves jigsaws. So I had hoped we were onto a winner with this. Sure enough the dig dig dig box gets brought out every day. The box is ideal because he can already do the 2 4 piece jigsaws himself and is working up to the 8 piece ones. He would have got frustrated if they had all been 8 pieces. It's a nice way of passing 20mins or so!
It's also handy as he's learning his colours and of course all the diggers are different colours. I like the fact that the drivers are 2 men and 2 'ladies' as he calls them. The only small complaint is that there are some extra pieces with pictures of bricks, roadblocks etc which aren't part of the jigsaws and only serve to confuse.

Peace At Last
Peace At Last
by Jill Murphy
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise hit!, 28 July 2009
This review is from: Peace At Last (Paperback)
I was given this as a gift for my (then) 14 month boy and didn't think it would really hit the spot- how wrong I was. He is now nearly 2 and it is still top of the pile. He loves it so much that when he is really upset I calm him down by starting to recite the words and when he's relaxed a bit he starts joining in with the noises again. A great great book. Just right amount of words to pictures as well especially for bedtime!

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Mark Haddon
Price: 5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 3 Mar 2008
One of the best and well written books I have read in a very long time... loved it. Everyone should read this book!

Page: 1 | 2