Profile for OS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Released (Caged Book 3)
Released (Caged Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab and teary ending, 28 Aug. 2015
Final in the trilogy. I found this book to be the most emotive of the three and even had a tear in my eye at one point! Shay always comes up with new and interesting story-lines but always does it from the male perspective, which I love. The characters in this series are not as broken as her usual heroes and are more like-able from the start which is a slight departure. Looking forward to Shay's next 'victim' (?), 'hero'?

The Quilt Clip the quick & easy way to change your duvet cover
The Quilt Clip the quick & easy way to change your duvet cover
Offered by SHINE_UMBRELLA

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 Aug. 2015
Huge!

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanna know Don!, 7 Aug. 2015
What a breath of fresh air. Laugh out loud funny at points. I wanna know Don!

Caged: Takedown Teague
Caged: Takedown Teague

4.0 out of 5 stars ... reading book 2 and really think it's got a good build up, 7 Aug. 2015
This story starts slower than some of Shay's books but I'm writing this review after reading book 2 and really think it's got a good build up. Some uncomfortable issues at the end of book 1 but as with anything Shay writes she's handles the challenges with ease. I read everything she writes because I get lost in her books and enjoy her writing style and topics (oh and bad boys gone good!) Enjoy!

Trapped (Caged Book 2)
Trapped (Caged Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring on book 3!, 7 Aug. 2015
I loved this book. Book 1 had left me a little cold and there were uncomfortable story lines but this one deals with them and quickly progresses the characters really well. I got wrapped up in their lives and really want to know what will happen next. This is a departure from Shay's bad boys and yet the love story is as well developed as her previous books.

The end of the book has a cliff-hanger (as expected from a trilogy) that had me shouting NO! Loved it...bring on book 3!

Irrevocable (Evan Arden Book 5)
Irrevocable (Evan Arden Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bye Evan!, 26 May 2015
I really enjoyed this final book even though it’s quite a departure from previous books in this series. It starts off as Goodfellas meets The Godfather which made me wonder what was to come and the first hanky panky and relationship isn't until about a quarter to a third of the way into the book.

The love angle is good and believable (wow it's hard not to give anything away) however it just felt less in-depth than I've come to expect from Shay's brilliantly emotional books. I loved the twist at this point and wasn't expecting it to be played out as it was.

Unfortunately I didn't fall in love with Evan all over again. I didn't wonder why I was crushing on a hit man because on this occasion I didn't empathize with him. There's one incident that took it too far for me to excuse him and love him anyway. Maybe this was what I needed to detach from him as it’s the last book in the series.

Shay is a master crafts woman but I just wanted more emotional depth and I wanted it to be less neat. At the end I found one bit unrealistic (don’t read on if you don’t want a spoiler........A mafia boss would've had bodyguards and so bumbling round museums and travelling on buses didn't feel ‘right’. Just saying but then I’m probably too realistic and not into the fun of storytelling!)

I read everything Shay writes as she always spins a good yarn and her writing flows with characters that are solid and unusual which is why I can’t wait for what she has planned next.

Isolated: An Evan Arden Novella
Isolated: An Evan Arden Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars As I've loved Evan and Bastian since I first read about them, 9 Mar. 2015
Shay’s a master of the written word and hasn't failed us here either. This novella starts straight in with suspense and action with no messing about. As I've loved Evan and Bastian since I first read about them, I was keen to see if they were ok or not and who would win the battle. The intensity of the writing led me through the story beautifully, as ever. Why do I find myself thinking I'd date either of them as bad boys....Shay you do this to me every time!

Bastian's Storm: Surviving Raine Book 2
Bastian's Storm: Surviving Raine Book 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the way Shay married the Bastian and Evan books ..., 20 Feb. 2015
Loved the way Shay married the Bastian and Evan books together. She is such a talented writer; will read anything she writes!

Offside
Offside

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. How can Shay keep producing damaged guys we ..., 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Offside (Kindle Edition)
Wow. How can Shay keep producing damaged guys we understand and sympathize with?

It's a fabulous young adult book even for adults.

Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1
Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 20 Feb. 2015
Wow! I loved this book. The storytelling was refreshingly new and innovative. The characters were believable. Am a bit worried about the second book and where it might take my nerves but am sure I'll snap it up when it's out!

PS if you don't like swearing then don't read this book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3