Profile for L. G. Sharp > Reviews

Content by L. G. Sharp

L. G. Sharp (Narara, Australia)

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 1 Mar. 2011
I bought the book after watching a few of the TV episodes as I found them to be such good value and truly helpful. Subsequently my two daughters in law have also bought the book and found it be of tremendous help in their everyday busy lives.

Whilst the book by itself is of great benefit by itself I would suggest that much more is gained by also watching the TV shows as Jamie's enthusiasm just compels you to try the many receipes. Five stars!

India - Cookbook
India - Cookbook
by Pushpesh Pant

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginers, 1 Feb. 2011
This review is from: India - Cookbook (Hardcover)
Whilst I truly like this cookbook and have only made 2 dishes from it I was dissapointed by the proof reader as in both cases either the some of the ingredients or method were missing, if not in whole then at least in part. As I have some experience of Indian coooking this did not present any real problem but I wonder how a less experienced home cook would manage.

Having said that the book does present well and is easy to use. The receipes are varied and appear interesting so I look forward to finding some more errors!

Mastering the Art of French Cooking
Mastering the Art of French Cooking
by Julia Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting back to the real basics of good cooking, 8 Jun. 2010
One of the best cookbooks I have bought. What I really like is the step by step guide which makes even the most daunting recipe seem to be within my experience! Not to be missed, even without the fancy photographs, which, in my opinion, are just that, fancy!