Profile for Vixy > Reviews

Content by Vixy

Vixy

The Effortless Sleep Method:  The Incredible New Cure for Insomnia and Chronic Sleep Problems
The Effortless Sleep Method: The Incredible New Cure for Insomnia and Chronic Sleep Problems
by Sasha Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Common Sense from someone who knows., 10 Feb. 2012
Thank you. Just Thank you. I started reading this 6 days ago, and after 4 years of sleeping pills, lavender pillows, alcohol, sleepy baths, excessive exercise, falling asleep on settees and never in bed I have had 5 nights of wonderful beautiful refreshing adorable sleep, sometimes 4 hours, sometimes 7, but always refreshing. I have your "affirmations" stuck all over my office and whenever a negative thought pops in,i look at my signs. I felt a bit silly at first, but im sleeping and im positive so who gives a monkeys if im silly, i'd rather be silly and sleeping, than sensible and desperate.

I've tried many things, books, hypnotherapy, anti depressants, beta blockers (no idea... but i did find if you took about 12 you kind of passed out into sleep....),i always knew i was causing it myself, i just didnt realise that the way out of that was so obvious.

I think this one works, because you know that she knows how bad it is, so straight away you cant say to yourself, and you know that you do.... its not the same for me, ive tried it all, do they actually know what they're on about??? well yeah, she does and it shows and you draw faith from that, and thats what you need, just a bit of faith thatit could might just possibly maybe work for you if you follow it. Believe me i'm a cynical negative old so and so but what the hell i had nothing to lose by throwing myself into it, so I read the book, i believed the book and i slept like a baby that first night, so i was bang in to it the next night, then i didnt sleep so good, but instead of dropping into my usual despair and throwing a tantrum i thought i'd try her tactic, stick with it and remember to be positive even if it feels like you are telling a lie.

Yes I'm only 6 days in, but i feel different, i dont feel like an insomniac in a good spell, I feel like someone on the road to recovery, i feel like now im just a person who really does enjoy going to sleep at night...... and the plus side is, when you wake up after 7 hours of sleep that you didnt beg, barter or drug for, you wake up feeling like you just spent the night with Brad Pitt...... :o)