Profile for Mark Taylor > Reviews

Normal Norman
Normal Norman
by Tara Lazar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Book, 9 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Normal Norman (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 6-year old daughter, as I saw something about the book when it was released and liked the moral behind it. My daughter asked me to read it every night for almost two months, she loves it!

TaoTronics® Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Shower Speaker (Bluetooth 3.0, Hands-Free, Built-in Mic, A2DP/AVRCP)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 9 Jun. 2016
As this had such great reviews I thought it was worth a punt. I wanted a speaker in the shower.

Unfortunately the sound quality is below average. Also the buttons on the front don't work as per the instructions. Volume Up/Next Track only gives me volume up, and Volume Down/Prev Track only gives me the previous track. This is despite long presses and short presses.

So overall an underwhelming product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2016 8:42 AM BST

[Enhanced Wi-Fi] Network IP Camera, MAISI Indoor Wireless Day Night Pan/Tilt Baby Monitor / Surveillance Network IP Camera, and MORE (HD 1280x720p Mega-Pixels, Two Way Talk, Built-in Mic & Speaker, QR Code Scan & Connect, iOS & Android Mobile View, Motion Detection & Push Notification, ENHANCED 3dB Antenna, Black)
Offered by Maisi_Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic 720p IP Camera, 12 Dec. 2015
I already have a couple of SVGA cameras, which I typically access via a web browser, neither of which are particularly brilliant at coping with daylight. The intention with this was to get something a bit better, and higher resolution, but with ideally similar features for the rest of it. Setup was as easy the other cameras. I connected it via Ethernet, looked up the IP it had taken on my router, and configure wireless. Once configured it worked, even though curiously the UI told me it wasn't connected. And it does the job as a basic 720p camera, with a couple of letdowns. Firstly, it doesn't have any preset positions, or I can't find the feature. On my other cameras I can set a position, and then return to it. Secondly, the quality is blocky through a web browser. It tells me to install a plug-in when I open it in a web browser, to improve the quality, but the plug-in never works. I have googled the plug-in but can find no upgrade.

Xperitus BOS-26U Hi-Speed Quality Micro USB To USB Cable (Pack of 5) 1 Meter Braided Tangle Free [Type-B] Compatible with Samsung Mobile Phones Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 1020, Galaxy S3, Moto G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch, Sony Xperia, HTC One And More (Green, White, Black, Red, Blue) [Micro USB Cable] Free 30 Days Money Back Guarantee [18 Months Warranty]

Syma X5C 1 with Improved AV Axis QUADCOPTER DRONE UAV MULTIROTOR QUADROTOR
Syma X5C 1 with Improved AV Axis QUADCOPTER DRONE UAV MULTIROTOR QUADROTOR
Offered by Tiny Direct Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Beginners, 1 Jun. 2015
This was amazingly good value for people who just want to try out a quadcopter before committing to a much more expensive version. The extra batteries give around an hour's flight time overall. The camera filming is basic, but it works. I have had several bad landings yet the quadcopter has been fine. Although it cannot be used with more than 5mph of wind, it's much better than smaller quadcopters with a slight breeze.

Bosch TWK7901GB City Kettle, Stainless Steel - 1.7 L
Bosch TWK7901GB City Kettle, Stainless Steel - 1.7 L

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Jun. 2015
We were looking for a strong no-nonsense kettle, and this fits the bill perfectly.

Extra Select Sunflower Hearts Bird Food, 20 Kg
Extra Select Sunflower Hearts Bird Food, 20 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Economy Size!, 1 Jun. 2015
Our garden is besieged by goldfinches which love sunflower hearts, so this was a much more economic way of buying them. The goldfinches had no problem with this brand and continue to empty the bird feeders.

Sensor Bar Infrared Ray Inductor for Nintendo Wii - White
Sensor Bar Infrared Ray Inductor for Nintendo Wii - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the Batteries, 1 Jun. 2015
I should have read the item description more carefully as I did not realise this used batteries - it was bought to replace the missing wired sensor bar. Works well, if you don't mind using batteries (4 * AAA).

Nutty Noah's Third Adventure
Nutty Noah's Third Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids (and parents), 1 Mar. 2015
We first saw Nutty Noah at Centre Parcs Longleat, where he performs a family entertainment show with magic, music, and comedy. He was brilliant, and had the audience in stitches. At the end of the show he made a comment about having some albums, but I assumed it was just another joke. I found myself checking a few days later and am really glad I did, as they exist! My daughters love them, but so do I as well. They're the perfect alternative to boring nursery rhymes.

This is NN's first album, from a consistently brilliant set. My favourite tracks on here are Bouncy Ball Bum, Dave the Dog, I Need a Wee, and Milk Milk.

Nutty Noah's Big Number Two
Nutty Noah's Big Number Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids (and parents), 1 Mar. 2015

This is NN's first album, from a consistently brilliant set. My favourite tracks on here are I Like to Race, Wear Your Pants with Pride, B.U.M.F.A.C.E. Bully, Ants in My Underpants, Happy Song, and Smile.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5