Profile for Mattc > Reviews

Content by Mattc

Mattc

Shure SE315 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by ToysElite
Price: 179.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound, but very poor build quality., 9 Oct 2012
I'm writing this review while in the process of returning these earphones for the third time.

They are great earphones, the best I have ever heard. They are incredibly comfortable, and never fall out thanks to the way that the wire curves around the back of the ear. I can leave the other reviews on here to describe how great they sound, so I'll explain my issues that I've had.

I think it was around 9 months into owning these when one of the ear pieces began to fail, going crackly and losing bass. And just as I was about to return them, the headphone jack completly broke off inside my iPod. It was retrievable, but they had to be returned.

Then after about 2 months, the head phone jack failed again, leaving the left hand side without audio.

So now again after about 4 months, the headphone jack has failed again, this time the right hand side is no receiving signal.

I have not been using these for any serious sporting activity which could cause early failures, and I have Always kept them in their provided case when not in use. So I can only think that the superior build quality provided by Shure is not actually the case.

So after a little over a year and a half, I have had to buy other headphones as these earphones, as great as they could be seem to be doomed to fall apart too often to be worth the irritation through ownership.

The customer service people are fairly quick to respond and the warranty return procedure is quick enough.

Shure SE315-K Sound Isolating Earphone Hi-Definition Micro Speaker with Tuned Bass Port (Black)

Shure SE315 Sound Isolating Earphones Colour CLEAR