Profile for Davey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Toshiba BDX3200 3D Blu-Ray Player with BD Live
Toshiba BDX3200 3D Blu-Ray Player with BD Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Region free and 3d, 24 Sep 2012
Well after my last two 3d players broke on me one being a Sony and the other being a Panasonic I done a little search to see which player would be the best.

Upon searching I found this little bundle of joy which not only had good reviews but it was so easy to make region free via an official firmware upgrade.

The upgrade only takes a few minutes and all you have to do us input a short code in the setup and you can make the DVD part region free and change your bluray code to A B or C :)

Now onto the players quality. The picture is excellent and it supports all the normal sounds from dts-hd master to Dolby truhd to basic dts 5.1 and prologic.

For the price you are getting an excellent 3d bluray player and what's better it becomes region free and all you have to do is a little google search to find the firmware .

If you want a good quality region free player I would grab one of these now while they are cheap and still available to buy .

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (PC DVD)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Fame_Game
Price: 17.49

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent game put poor port, 22 Sep 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
well I hate to do a bad review as I normally always love the things I buy but on this occasion I was disappointed.

The game is good don't get me wrong, I have played it on the 360 and you get many hours of fun and frustration etc .

Now onto the PC version !!! I am pretty good and know my way around a computer from its software to hardware but could I hell solve the problem I am having with the pc version.

Installation all went well and I started the game , created my character and then BAM the game starts but no sound !!!! I was like WTF. I though hey must be a glitch on the hardware or even the installation went wrong or my drivers were out of date !!!

I updated all my drivers , went in to all my settings to make sure everything was correctly ticked and set but still no sound in the game !!! after many hours of investigating and contacting my friends and a few guys online I still couldn't get the sound to work !!!.

I decided hey what the hell ill contact Namco (bandi) direct under support .......... well almost two week later I am still waiting and still cannot play this game with sound.

I have read that some motherboard inbuilt soundcards do have problems but why should I need to buy a expensive new sound card just to play this game ? my onboard soundcard supports direct sound and all my other games play fine !!!

This game has been ported very bad ... very bad !!!!! and I warn anyone who is thinking about buying this be aware you may have problems like me. :(

its such a shame as it's a good game.

edit :13/10/12

Well after many many of hours i found the problem and it was so simple but if you are not computer aware and know things you probably wouldnt of found it.

I eventually noticed another windows live profile running and it was the windows live client !!! the client is different to the live distro files which you use in game !! the client is where you download addons etc ..

Anyways this client was running when the game loaded but what was more interesting was the version of the client was older than the games redist files and was causing a conflict with the audio part of the game.

anyway i just uninstalled the client as you dont use it very often as microsofts support for live is almost non existant.

Once that was uninstalled the sound worked to the best the programmers allowed it to work !!!! by that you will only get 2.1 sound as surround 5.1 does not work.

Overall a badly coded game but good story and play.

SkyWatcher Skyliner-200P/1200 Classic Telescope
SkyWatcher Skyliner-200P/1200 Classic Telescope
Offered by The Widescreen Centre
Price: 324.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Search the stars with real power at a good price, 22 Jun 2012
This scope is an excellent item and for the price it's remarkable .

The scope takes a little time to put together but quite easy to do so.

The eye pieces that come with the scope are ok but I would suggest the Celestron eye piece kit with a 2x Barlow some filters , 6mm etc ... A must for some good viewing of planets.

As with any scope don't expect to see excellent detail as soon as you set it up for night viewing !! You need to allow the inside of the scope to cool down to the same temperature as outside , it shouldn't take more that 20 mins with the dust Capp off.
The scopes finder is very good but does not have a right angle viewer so you may get a sore neck :( so might be worth updateing once you get used to the scope.

Now onto what you can see :), you get a good view of Jupiter and its moons, Jupiter is so clear on a nice cold night and you can see its bands . Both Venus and mars are very nice but again depending how clear the air and atmosphere is.

I'm still learning my self but this scope is excellent and well worth the investment.

Thrustmaster Uncharted Shock Resistant Case (PlayStation Vita)
Thrustmaster Uncharted Shock Resistant Case (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong protection, 3 Mar 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I dont know why one of the posters says it huge because before you purchased it didnt you look at your vita !!!! did you think this would magically shrink your vita?!!!! jesus simple mathmatics and physics would tell you that it would be quite big.

Ok this case is very sturdy and will protect your vita from almost anything and you can drop it while walking and your vita will still be nice and safe.

The vita fits into this case like a glove and is easy to get it back out.

Be warned!!!! your vita will not shrink so expect this item to be bigger than your vita :)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2012 7:09 PM GMT

Complete Book 1 Collection [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Complete Book 1 Collection [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Zach Tyler
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 8.72

5.0 out of 5 stars avatar state!!! yip yip, 25 Nov 2011
Although this is a anime/cartoon you would think its for kids but I would argue that it is for everyone.

The story and episode have alot of depth and meaning and plenty of humar too :)

If you have not watched this series I would suggest you do and if the movie has put you off I would suggest that you do not take the movie as a poster for the series because the movie does not do the series justice.

No matter what age you are I suggest you get these as they are worth every penny/cent

X-Rocker Pilot Gaming Chair
X-Rocker Pilot Gaming Chair

5.0 out of 5 stars x rocker pilot take off, 25 Nov 2011
well i was in two minds which chair i should go for!!! xr or pilot and i chose pilot :) and boy iam glad i did :)

It has enough connections for console pc and mp3 and the sound is actually good.

I am disabled and comfort is a must and this is comfy but the only problem is getting back up which i need help :( so be warned for anyone with spinal and nerve problems.

This chair is worth the money and easy to put to one side when finished :)

5 stars for me :)

Firefly - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002]
Firefly - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: 13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars classic and excellent, 25 July 2011
I have these on blu-ray an Im glad i purchased them as this show was excellent and im glad it is now coming to the UK on blu-ray.

You wont go wrong purchasing these :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2011 4:32 PM BST

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Art of the Animated Series
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Art of the Animated Series
by Various
Price: 17.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for the best TV series, 12 April 2011
I purchased this book as I am an avid fan of this TV/book series and this art book just seals the deal.

The book starts with drawing and explanations of how the last airbender/ANNg comes to life and what they originally though anng would be, they then go on with detailed drawings and comments from the creators for each book and they are very detailed.

Obviously you can associate this as a kids show but to me it covers a whole load of age groups. I am in my 30s now but watched this series when it first arrived on TV in 2005 and as i am a media/film/TV fan I found the story had quite a lot of depth and has a very diverse and mixed cultures and the creators have mixed this in very well.

This book is must for anyone's collection and for any age group and worth every penny.

Samsung LE46C750 46-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 200Hz Motion Plus Allshare 3D Ready Internet LCD TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent item, 29 Mar 2011
this is an excellent product and excellent 3D

I did have the problem with blinking but it was sorted very quick. The guys swaped the PCB main board and explained it was incorrect firmware that was installed at factory. They couldnt do a firmware swap as to do a proper full update it needed to be attached to a special computer.

Overall A* tv

The Last Airbender - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2010]
The Last Airbender - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2010]
Dvd ~ M. Night Shyamalan
Offered by Rapid-DVD
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Exelent adaptation of a Outstanding series, 24 Dec 2010
Its easy to judge this poorly if you go off the cartoon series but what you must do when judging this is to think 22 eps covers almost 11 hours and to condense this into a 2 hour movie is hard so you need to change things .

I loved this film although the guy who played zuko was very poor.

Although not exact in detail it does bring the AVATAR the last airbender into a live motion film and its done very well.

As with the harry potter books that are made to films there is loads missing which you would have expected to be in it due to its crucial nature for e.g the previous avatar spirit.

If you can watch this movie without bringing expectations of the mind blowing tv series/books you will enjoy this for what it is.

I have the 3D blu-ray of this movie and its excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3