Profile for Jamie D. > Reviews

Content by Jamie D.

Jamie D. (Bridgend, South Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Anker item!, 12 Dec. 2014
I'm a big fan of Anker products. This Astro E3 is a great addition to my bag for the days commute.

I heavily use my phone throughout the day, and occasionally I need to top up on the battery! I can keep this in my bag the whole week and only need to charge it on the weekend, its fantastic!

Great quality from Anker too, nice packaging and comes with a Micro USB cable included!

Nexus 6 Case, Spigen [Air Cushioned Bumper] [Ultra Hybrid Series] - Gunmetal (SGP11244)
Offered by Spigen UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and fit again from Spigen and very happy ..., 12 Dec. 2014
Excellent quality and fit again from Spigen and very happy with it! Great protection for my new Nexus 6.

Very quick delivery too!

Nexus 6 Screen Protector - Invisible Defender [3+1 Free/MAX HD CLARITY] Lifetime Warranty Perfect Touch Precision High Definition (HD) Clarity Film (4-Pack) for Google Motorola Nexus 6
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Value!, 12 Dec. 2014
Nice item these, I've always bought Anker screen protectors in the past, however these ones by Ringke are very impressive.

Only downside, it took me 2 packs to apply them without the little tabs getting stuck and then bending the protector.

When applied, the screen protector is good quality, fits nicely on the Nexus 6 and has a nice feel to it. For the price they are excellent value for money!

i-Blason LG G3 Case - SoftGel Flexible TPU Case (Frost Black)
i-Blason LG G3 Case - SoftGel Flexible TPU Case (Frost Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Transparent but Good Protection!, 29 Sept. 2014
This is a nice quality case - it isn't however listed as it is in the image. This is not a transparent case which I was disappointed with.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea and Implemented Perfectly!, 29 Sept. 2014
This charger is money well spent! With more and more gadgets needing constant charging around the house this makes it much easier to have them all connected to the same plug!

It performs very well, an LG G3, Nexus 5 and an iPad Air it manages to charge with no problems whatsoever. I own other Anker products and I'm always impressed by their well presented packaging, and high build quality. The charger feels sturdy and heavy, but not too heavy. You also get a nice long power cord! It does get a little warm but not to a worrying heat.

i-Blason LG G3 Screen Protector - 3 Pack Premium HD Clear Version
i-Blason LG G3 Screen Protector - 3 Pack Premium HD Clear Version
Offered by I-Blason EU

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Speaker Cut Out Design, 29 Sept. 2014
Didn't fit the phone correctly and the cut out is very large for the speaker and front facing camera.

The protector was also difficult to apply even when using the steamy bathroom trick! Seemed to be of poor quality, wouldn't recommend these.

On the positive they were delivered quickly (and on a Sunday!) and you do get three in the pack!

LG G3 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Android, 5.5-inch, 16GB)
LG G3 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Android, 5.5-inch, 16GB)
Offered by SUPER TITAN

5.0 out of 5 stars LG Have Done Themselves Proud!, 9 Sept. 2014
I change phones very often, every 6-9 months or so. I bought this G3 for an upgrade from my Nexus 5.

I liked the concept of vanilla Android on the Nexus devices however Google didn't include a removable battery or SD card slot on the Nexus 5. The lack of card slot didn't bother me, but the non-removable battery did. The G3 does all of those things.

--Screen & Build Quality--
The first thing that will impress you with the G3 is how thin it is - I mean this thing is super thin and light! It's not too light though that it feels cheap and flimsy. The build quality in my opinion is fantastic, and not plasticy feeling like every Samsung phone i've had. When I powered it up the screen looks amazing, so crisp and sharp fonts and colours - I have had AMOLED screens on phones in the past but I'd say the G3 screen is much better.

--Battery--
The downside I thought to this screen size and resolution (its QHD - 2560x1440) would be that it would just drain battery. It does a bit, but how much and how quickly depends on the brightness level you set. I have mine at 40% and Auto on and I have no problems the Auto brightness does the job very well. LG have thought out power management very well for this phone and it does a fantastic job! After the initial few charges the battery life is outlasting the Nexus 5 no end. From an 8am start with moderate use I'd expect battery to be at 30% by 5pm, however, the G3 stands at 68%. Stand by battery drain is almost non existent with this phone! Now obviously this will fluctuate day to day and how you use the phone, but remember the battery is removable, so if you needed to carrying around a spare would be easy enough! The phone supports wireless charging, I haven't tried this but I'm told you need to use the included travel adaptor for this to work due to the voltage rating being different for this phone.

--Camera--
Another reason for choosing the G3 was the laser focus camera - it sounded a good idea but also a gimmick. However its not a gimmick, it is incredibly fast at focusing and you can point and shoot in seconds (even though accessing the camera app isn't fast without a hardware button). Pictures are crisp and sharp and the zoom is also surprisingly good for a phone digital zoom function. I have noticed however that darker shots can take a few attempts to get a good shot, although this is more than likely a software issue and could be fixed with future updates.

--Software--
LG have always in my opinion had a reputation for making phones with clunky software - however the G3 software is excellent and no where near what they've been known for in the past. The software is fast and responsive, and i've noticed minimal lag - the only place is the pop up SMS notifications, they take a while to fully pop up sometimes. Dual window functionality is included and it works well, however I cannot see this being a feature I'll use all the time. Battery optimisation is powered by software, something which LG brag about. They have the right to brag - battery life and battery options are impressive on this phone, its one of few phones I've seen which includes an estimated battery life time in the software without installing another app.

--Conclusion--
Overall the G3 is the best phone I've ever owned and one I think I'll be keeping for a good while, the camera is the best I've witnessed on a smart phone and its battery life is great.

UPDATE
After just a week with the phone I've returned it for a replacement due to signal issues. The replacement phone has no issues connected to mobile network EE!

Nexus 5 Case - Ringke SLIM Case [Free HD Film/Better Grip][SF Black] Premium Dual Coated Hard Case Cover for Google Nexus 5 - ECO Package
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case!, 9 Sept. 2014
Fits great and is a very tight on the phone - it wouldn't fall off!

Nice and slim too so doesn't fatten up the phone too much to carry around. All cut outs were accurate. It also has a nice texture so no chance of it slipping off a desk or out of your hand!

Samsung Memory 32 GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter
Offered by Timelec Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dash Cams!, 9 Sept. 2014
This is my first Samsung memory card and I'm using it in an in car dash cam - heat being the major issue in a car and so far this card has held up well with the dual camera set up and hot weather!

EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM
EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value over a Contract SIM, 9 Sept. 2014
Use these SIMs in my iPad Air and they are great value for 3 months of usage!

I never use up 6GB - and the 4G in my area between home and work is excellent so I've seen speeds of 20mbps download regularly on my morning commute!

Make sure you get the correct size sim for your device though!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4