Profile for the don > Reviews

Content by the don

the don (oxford UK)

Samsung N7000 Note 16GB Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Kudos Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do it :), 1 Jan 2012
Ok, just to clarify prior to this brief review : I am an apple fanboy and have been for several years. I use a MacBook air at work and a desktop at one. I have iPad 2 (after trading in my iPad 1) and the who,e family use it to surf the net at home-my two year old son loves it. I had an iPhone 3GS and was coming to the end of my contract and was thinking of upgrading. I had a good look at the iPhone 4s but something just didn't feel right. I just didn't think if was that much of an upgrade and started looking at android. I did some research and was about to go for a Samsung galaxy s2 but at the last minute I got the note. I got it a week ago and already can't believe how amazing it is.

The good:

Very good battery life. The phone is new so it may get worse but I can charge it overnight and use it for meda playback for several ours a day and just charge it after 2 or 3 days.

Amazing screen. Huge and crystal clear. Makes my 3GS look like a child's toy. I have been watching episodes of the west wing on it and the colours are phenomenal

Fast. Vert fast and response. Surfing the net is rapid.

s pen.. Have been using it to create lists etc and it seems more than just a gimmick.

The main downside is the size. NOT because it is too big to use to surf the net or watch movies. It is perfect for these. It also fits easily in my trousers and jeans pockets. I am a regular sized guy and my wife (who is shorter and skinny) has also carried it in her jeans and it is fine. Having said that, making voice calls is a little crazy. It is a bit big when you hold it in one hand but honestly, given everything else this is a minor issue. Sounds strange but I'm sure that after a while I will get used to it.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend this phone highly enough. I've already started wondering why I bothered with such a small phone all these years and now I can never go back to an iPhone sized phone !

Visconti Big Leather Organiser Messenger Bag 18410 Jasper
Visconti Big Leather Organiser Messenger Bag 18410 Jasper
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely excellent, 3 Feb 2009
i cannot stress how cool this bag is. i've been looking for a replacement for my work bag for a while and this fits the bill perfectly. It is very light yet feels strong and can stand upright on the base. I can fit my laptop snugly in the main compartment(a sony vaio tz series) but a larger laptop would be too big. a4 files also wouldn't fit in as they would stick out the top but for me it works fine-i can slide in my laptop, fit my ipod, blackberry, keys and there is enough for several paper documents. There are zips as well as magnetic locks and it all feels secure. I ordered the bag only 48 hours ago but despite the snow it turned up. very, very good...

The Complete West Wing: Seasons 1-7 (44 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
The Complete West Wing: Seasons 1-7 (44 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Sheen
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this box set!!!, 29 Oct 2008
do not buy this box set!!! seriously, less than £50 for the finest piece of drama in modern history (TV, movies or stage). it will consume your entire life and you will watch every episode ten times and have little time left for the rest of your life. you have been warned!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2009 8:35 PM GMT

Medical School Survival Guide (Trauma Survival Guide)
Medical School Survival Guide (Trauma Survival Guide)
by Ashley McKimm

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic book - highly recommended!, 13 July 2004
this book is a must for any budding doctor. whether you are at school and thinking of applying to medical school or at university studying meicine you'll find it invaluable. it talks you through everything from how to pass exams to how to impress your consultants on the ward rounds. it's well laid out and easy to use. i bought it and was not disapointed!