Profile for Jennifer L. Martindale > Reviews

Content by Jennifer L. Ma...

Jennifer L. Martindale (Fort Worth, TX USA)

Doctor Who Tardis Tent Opening
Doctor Who Tardis Tent Opening
Offered by scificollectorshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful toy - HORRIBLE construction, 25 Jan 2013
We bought this TARDIS tent for my son's 4th birthday. Good thing we decided to put it together the day before - it was awful trying to assemble the thing. Took almost 2 full hours due to the fact that most of the PVC pipes were incorrectly cut in packaging. We had to go through and measure and re-cut each pipe, which was both difficult and time consuming.

As for the finished product, we couldn't be more pleased. The fabric is heavy duty, the detail is fantastic, and my son will ADORE it come tomorrow.

The only other improvement I could suggest is that I wish it didn't open/close on the same side as the tent door. And perhaps PVC tent doors might help them swing open and shut, rather than just having it be an open tent flap. Also, it has no light at the top, which is very sad, as one should be present.

It also is very large. I wish there would be more than 1 standard size, for those of us who don't have 4x4 ft in the house to spare. My 4 year old doesn't need one that's 5 feet tall... but it was what was available and hopefully will suffice for years to come.

All in all, if the assembly hadn't been a horrible experience, I would have given the product 5 stars. Now that it's assembled, we're very happy with our purchase. I gave the product 3 stars due to the difficulties in assembly.

Much Ado About Nothing [DVD]
Much Ado About Nothing [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Please make this available for the US!, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Much Ado About Nothing [DVD] (DVD)
I live in the US and couldn't afford to travel to see this play and I've been devastated for a year. Seeing photos of all the people who were able to see the play, that got the opportunity to enjoy it - I was so jealous! But this - to put a play on DVD so that people who aren't or weren't able to go to the theatre, to afford to go can see it! It's just brilliant. And gorgeous. Thank you to the people who allowed this to be put on DVD. Now - if we can only convince them to make a US version! PLEASE!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 8:29 PM GMT