Profile for George Spiggott > Reviews

Golden Universal Tarot Deck
by Lo Scarabeo
Edition: Cards

2.0 out of 5 stars An attractive deck, but..., 24 Jun 2013
Having recently come across, and being impressed by the artwork for this deck in Donald Tyson's book '1-2-3 Tarot' I'm afraid to say that I find myself disappointed with my purchase. It appears that maybe I missed something in the description but I wasn't expecting the cards to actually have 'gold' plastered all over them, and regardless the manufacturer's assurance that it was intentional to make some of the cards deliberately look worn, to me the 'aged' cards just look like a failure in the quality control department to spot a printing error.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2014 6:05 PM BST

Proxima Direct® USB to Midi Cable Keyboard to PC Laptop Adapter - For Win 7, XP Vista Mac Plug and Play
Offered by Proxima Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 13 April 2012
Driver installed fine (although a green power light came on, not red as described in the "manual"). Followed instructions and powered up Roland XV2020 module, hey presto! Nothing. A waste of time and money. Avoid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2012 2:39 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 20 Dec 2008
I recently got one of these and it's great! OK, not quite as good as a Floyd show but...the blue light creates a nebula like effect, whilst the red lasers split into three groups which pan and drift around the room.

The pod is a tad expensive, and opening the thing up to insert the power supply was worrying in the 'am I going to break this?' way, but once up and running it was fine.

Laserpod Base Station Galaxy Effect (Black)
Laserpod Base Station Galaxy Effect (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Trippy fun!, 6 Dec 2008
The first thing I noticed when taking my Laserpod Base Station Galaxy Effect (Black) out of its box was that it was white! This was of minor importance to me, I was more interested in seeing what kind of display the device would generate than worrying about the colour of the housing.

The lamp is solidly constructed of hard plastic - perhaps a little too solid, as it was quite difficult to remove the base to insert the power supply, and my struggle brought on a not unreasonable fear of damaging the device through my efforts to access the inside.

Once I had the power supply in place I popped some Tangerine Dream into the CD player to accompany the show, and was subsequently rewarded for my efforts with a display bigger and better than I had imagined would be the case. Great stuff indeed!

If there is one problem with this product it is that I now want more, and shall have to purchase the considerably more expensive green laser lamp...