Profile for Mr Sensible > Reviews

Content by Mr Sensible

Mr Sensible (Hampshire)

Page: 1 | 2
XO Digital Optical Toslink Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, PS4, XBOX One, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars XO Digital Optical Toslink Cable 2m., 25 Jan. 2015
Quality optical cable at a good price.

Swish Curtain Track System Connectors, White, 4 Pack
Swish Curtain Track System Connectors, White, 4 Pack
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact replacement for my old broken connectors., 7 Dec. 2014
Purchased to replace broken connectors from a curtain track with pelmet. They are exactly the same as the old ones - and they're not that easy to find!

AA Road Atlas Britain 2014
AA Road Atlas Britain 2014
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars AA Road Atlas Britain 2014, 19 Jun. 2014
Absolutely brilliant - it doesn't need charging and doesn't send you up country lanes (that it thinks are 60mph) that you couldn't even get a kids scooter up because its so narrow.

Need to download map updates and GPS positioning data? - Not any more, just throw it away and buy a new one once a year.

Absolutely perfect, and only takes a few seconds to boot up (find the map index) and also uses a far more intelligent routing system (that's right - your very own brain)!

SanDisk (SDSDU-032G-FFP) 32 GB SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

4.0 out of 5 stars 32GB 'Frustration Free' SanDisk SDHC memory card., 19 Jun. 2014
It does what it says but note that it would appear 'frustration free' means it comes in a fairly plain cardboard box with no little plastic case to protect it - quite frustrating really!

Epson Expression Premium XP 800 Colour Multifunctional Printer
Epson Expression Premium XP 800 Colour Multifunctional Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Epson XP-800 Printer, 19 Jun. 2014
I bought this printer after some research (however, not from Amazon), and ignored any negative reviews that I'd read on the net.

You may be interested to know (if you don't already) that the automatic document feeder can only feed A4 sheets double sided.

The display and paper exit tray are motorised, when you start a print (if they're closed) the tray slides out and the control panel hinges up at an angle (about 45 degrees) - 'well cool'!!! BUT - they don't close again - you have to push them back manually, and as some have said in their reviews, pushing them back and hearing the gearing whirring while you're doing it convinces you that something is going to snap very soon!

Anyway, after unpacking the printer and setting it up as per instructions (very easy to set up by the way) I did one black and white and one colour copy on plain A4 paper. The results were very good, in fact I was surprised at how resistant to moisture the ink was. I then printed a 4x7 print using glossy photo paper - and was very pleased with the results. Colours were bright and blacks were black.

Three days later however, I printed two more 4x7 glossy prints and was dismayed to find that they had horizontal streaks. I did three print head test prints and two print head cleaning cycles in between. Yes, the test prints show a problem, each test was slightly better after cleaning but still not correct.

I thought 'how much ink has a few A4 copies, three tiny 4x7 prints and three head cleans used ink-wise?'. Well, a heck of a lot actually. All five cartridges showed that about a third of the ink had been used from each of them already! I had read this in reviews, and that some have had print head problems, but when I bought the printer I ignored the reviews - big mistake. All I could see at the time of purchase was a shiny black case and a sexy touch screen display - irresistible to a geezer like me! (Have you ever seen the film where the bug can't resist the blue light from the bug zapper?).

Anyway, I found the document feeder to be a bit 'hit and miss', especially when scanning double sided, sometimes after scanning the third side it would 'suck' the first sheet back in again causing a jam. Scanning A5 from the feeder (landscape) caused some interesting results - part the the image lengthened down the page, so feeding anything other than pristine A4 documents was a no-no.

To summarise, the potential for this printer was great, however, you have very much let me down Mr Epson, and to be quite frank, has destroyed my faith in Epson products. I now hold them in as much regard as HP and Netgear - which is a big fat zero. I believe all equipment should do exactly what it claims to do - and do it reliably.

I returned the printer after just three days for a refund, which I got without problem.

It's been very disappointing and on top of that I've now got nothing new to play with :(

I really wanted to like this machine but it wouldn't let me...

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190 Black Wave Hydro Gel Case Covers, Screen Protector, Polishing Cloth and Mini Stylus
Offered by Mobi4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought!, 9 Feb. 2013
This case fits very snugly and provides excellent grip - something that the phone doesn't have on its own. The material is a flexible plastic - not dissimilar to that of "jelly bean" shoes.

The case is easily wiped clean and completely covers the power an volume controls. The controls are still easily operated and yet are protected from dust and dirt.

A screen protector is included, but as with other protectors that I've bought, they are too wide. I bought this item primarily for the case itself - not the protector, so I am still awarding it five stars.

So, overall, I'm very pleased with this product very practical product.

Samsung Galaxy S3 mini I8190 - Ultra Clear LCD Screen Protector / Film / Foil - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth By Excellent Accessories *Pack of 5*
Offered by Xtra-Funky Ltd (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job!, 9 Feb. 2013
These protectors are three or four millimeters too wide, they extend beyond the flat area of the screen and over the beveled edges (to which they won't stick).

They do however do the job of protecting the screen. If they weren't so wide I'd give them five stars.

100m Black RG6 Satellite + Freesat TV Aerial Coax Cable QUANTITY DISCOUNT
100m Black RG6 Satellite + Freesat TV Aerial Coax Cable QUANTITY DISCOUNT
Offered by Rosenet Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable., 15 Nov. 2012
Good quality at a good price, what more could you ask for?!!! Would buy the same again if and when I need some more.

Nikon Coolpix L310 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 21x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Nikon Coolpix L310 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 21x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly professional!, 15 Nov. 2012
No viewfinder? Can't really take these cameras seriously can you? You can't take decent photographs with your arms away from your body. Manufacturers - please finally take note.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 4:59 PM BST

Humax Foxsat HDR 1TB Freesat HD Digital TV Recorder (Requires Satellite Dish) (Old model)

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a quality picture that doesn't keep breaking up!, 10 Oct. 2012
Having played with the Humax for a couple of weeks I've noticed that there are a few options missing that should be as standard, namely access to the machines drive over the network.

Having suffered with poor quality poor signal Freeview for so long I was very pleased at how much better FreeSat picture quality and reliability is - it confirms my suspicion that Freeview is a joke (or not depending how you look at it!).

The live picture and recording quality are excellent, it's very easy to set up and easy use once you've fiddled with it for a while (I put up a zone 2 dish in a zone 1 area - I'm not taking any chances!!!). Signal levels are in excess of 90% on all channels and all channels show as 100% quality).

I did contact Humax by email regarding a small problem and I'm glad to say they replied promptly and in great detail, so 10/10 for customer support!

BBC iPlayer and ITV player work well (using a 20Mb connection).

Regarding the network file support etc: you can change the firmware / add software (it's a Linux system), I haven't done this yet, when I do I'll report back!

Basically - it does what it says on the box! Great product so far...

Page: 1 | 2