Profile for Mr. A. Brammer > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Brammer

Mr. A. Brammer "AD13" (LONDON UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta
Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta
Offered by Menos

5.0 out of 5 stars she uses it every day and seems to love it. Seems hard wearing, 2 Mar. 2015
Actually wasn't brought for me but my partner, she uses it every day and seems to love it.
Seems hard wearing.
What more can I say its a plastic bottle lol!?

Curse of Chucky [Blu-ray] [2013]
Curse of Chucky [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Brad Dourif

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than you would expect., 2 Mar. 2015
After the ok at the time but aged badly and not half as good as you remember it Bride of Chucky and the just god awful how did that ever get made? Seed of Chucky, this is something of a return to form.
Lots of cool easter eggs for long time fans and some cool gore and practical effects.
If you are not a fan of Chucky full stop then this is unlikely to make you a convert.
Being straight to DVD I expected a pretty scuzzy low budget affair but the reality couldn't be further from the truth.
Well worth a watch.
Oh and there is a pretty cool end credit sequence also!

LEGO Movie 70817: Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack
LEGO Movie 70817: Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little set for the price., 2 Mar. 2015
A nice basic set for the price, not really that much to build to be honest apart from the Micro Manager bot.
This is more a Mini Figure set than anything else.
You do get an exclusive kitty and a new smiley face Batman.
Not bad if you don't pay more than a tenner for it.

No Doubt: The Videos 1992-2003 [DVD] [2004]
No Doubt: The Videos 1992-2003 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ No Doubt
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars No doubt the best No Doubt dvd out there!, 2 Mar. 2015
Does exactly what it says on the tin as it were. All of the bands videos up until 2003.
Plus extra video diary type stuff in-between the songs.

Night Will Fall (DVD)
Night Will Fall (DVD)
Dvd ~ André Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars Those who forget the past, are deemed to repeat it., 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Night Will Fall (DVD) (DVD)
I think as somebody before me has stated already to mark this film as 'Loved it' feels crass to say the least. However five stars for historical importance is well deserved.
I should point out I actually watched it on Channel 4 but will get around to purchasing the dvd shortly.
It's certainly a very hard graphic watch all the way through, but I believe this should be shown in in schools mandatorily.
A stark warning from the past, one which especially in todays dark times we should all take heed from.

Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Meta Knight (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Meta Knight (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Offered by UKGameSource

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by cheap paintwork., 24 Feb. 2015
Sadly I have to say this is one of the more disappointing Amiibo for me, due to the slightly cheapie looking paintwork on some aspects of him.
For example his eyes and the transfers on his shoulders just look cheap and bring down the overall quality of the piece.
Its a shame as Meta Knight is a good character and had good potential.

Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Mega Man (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Nintendo amiibo Super Smash Bros. - Mega Man (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Amiibo yet!, 24 Feb. 2015
Always been a big fan of the little blue bomber and his numerous games, so this Amiibo was a must for me.
Compared to the others I really feel this is one of the best. The pose and quality are both excellent.
Just a shame like all the other cooler ones they're so hard to get hold of for a fair price.

The Harry Hill Movie [Blu-ray]
The Harry Hill Movie [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Harry Hill
Offered by The Happy Zombie

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a watch if you're a fan., 2 Feb. 2015
I am a huge fan of Harry's work and have been since way back in the Mid 90's. So was surprised to say something about the whole air of this made me want to stay away and never watch it. A year passed and I gave in and decided I should give it a go.
I'm very happy to say this is very silly, surreal, hilarious nonsense from start to finish. I was expecting a lot worse, sure it won't be up for any awards but for sheer silly entertainment this is it!
Blu-ray wise the picture is bright and sharp as you would expect.
Sadly there is zero special features which being a fan would have been nice.

Harry Hill Live - Sausage Time [DVD]
Harry Hill Live - Sausage Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harry Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars A poor return., 27 Dec. 2014
Been a fan of Harry's since the late 90's we've waited a long time for a new show and sadly this doesn't quite live up to the expectation. There is laughs to be had here some huge laughs in fact so it's not all bad but when it's bad it's terrible and scrappy.
I think a little bit more polish and tweaking could have made this a classic sadly it's just neither here nor there.
The behind the scenes doc dvd extra I did enjoy though.

Doctor Sleep (Shining Book 2)
Doctor Sleep (Shining Book 2)
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth your time., 2 Dec. 2014
Up until now i've read all of Mr Kings books and must admit The Shining to be one of my least favourites. It was because of this I put off reading Doctor Sleep for so long. But I recently took the plunge and i'm very glad I did. This is one of King's finest modern books.
Continuing pretty much where The Shining left off and following the life of Dan Torrence. (The boy from the original)
It's not so much a horror though there is great scenes of a horrific nature within, more of a supernatural coming of age thriller.
One of those books you enjoy so much you don't want it to end as you've become so attached to the well drawn characters throughout.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3