Profile for Finn Ekberg Christiansen > Reviews

Content by Finn Ekberg Ch...

Finn Ekberg Christiansen (Denmark, Scandinavia)

Delphi XE2 Foundations
Delphi XE2 Foundations
by Chris Rolliston

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and clear, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Delphi XE2 Foundations (Paperback)
Besides being the only book covering Delphi X2 in whole (AFAIK) it's a very nice book giving a clear overview of the language and the IDE. Recommended.

SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I still love it - so much!, 26 Jan 2014
My old Sansa Fuze just died after 3½ years of daily hard use. Music, videos, postcasts, radio, photos.

Having looked high and low for a replacement (Fuze+ is crap) I bought Transcend 870K. It was soooo slow, I returned it the same day I got it. And just bought a refurbished Fuze. I WANT physical button (or the wheel in this case), not a touch screen I can't use without looking at it.

Fuze has good sound quality, small and handy, tactile operation (in the dark, under the covers).
Very good radio. AND a slot for a 32GB microSD card!

The Greatest
The Greatest
Offered by LES GALETTES ARGENTEES

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as the previous ones, but still fantastic, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Greatest (Audio CD)
This album is a bit of a change from Marshall's earlier ones. One thing is unchanged though: her amazing voice and her masterful use of it. The backup orchestra (not a band this time) has the advantage of giving more room for her vocal, which is a bonus. Why bitch about her trying out 'The Memphis Rhythm Band'? Who wants to repeat oneself? - as PJ Harvey would put it. Every minute of this record is a complete joy. To me at least. I was new to Cat Power a few months ago. Now I'm more absorbed in her music - I've now got all her albums - than I've been in any other music. I listen to her before I sleep. I listen to her when I wake up. Don't miss out on Cat Power!
The drawback to touring with the Memphis Rhythm Orchestra was that the bandleader wanted her to be disciplined and in front of the mike all the time. That's doesn't sit well with a person like Chan/Cat Power. She was much happier when she later pulled together a band of old friends to 'play' with.

Mere Christianity
Mere Christianity
by C. S. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars A great intro to Christianity, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: Mere Christianity (Paperback)
If you are a new Christian or just curious about Christianity this is a very good place to start. It's clear, very well-written (as usual for Lewis) and even makes you feel more intelligent than usual! Because now you understand it... more than ever before. BUT this book can't stand alone. There's more to Christianity than Lewis covers in this fine book. Don't forget that, please.

The Cyberiad
The Cyberiad
by Stanislaw Lem

1.0 out of 5 stars First of his books to disappoint, 16 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Cyberiad (Paperback)
I consider Stanislaw Lem to be one of my favorite SF author (only second to Cordwainer Smith). And it was a slap in the face to (try to) read 'The Cyberiad'. To me it reads like a totally failed effort to be fun, resulting in an embarrassingly bad book. But maybe I just need to be 'educated in the arcanery of metaphysical philosophy' as some other reviewer so insightfully put it.
If 'Cyberiad' is your first attempt at Lem, then just skip it and go on to his other books. They are all really, really good. That's why this one... well, you know.
If you want to have really good well written SF fun: read 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' if you haven't already. To me it's the funniest book ever written.

Mouthwash
Mouthwash
Offered by partmeter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song!, 5 July 2009
This review is from: Mouthwash (Audio CD)
This is a tongue-in-cheek kind of song. It's naive and sweet - on purpose of course. You might need a little sense of humour to get it. Never tire of it, really.