Profile for R. Hirji > Reviews

Content by R. Hirji

R. Hirji (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Wall Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, Mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, HTC One (M8), Google Nexus 4 5 7 10, External Battery, PS Vita, Gopro and more (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars USB Life saver, 16 Jun 2014
This is a great product, space saving and don't have to worry about not enough USB charging ports. DOes exactly what it says and looks slick.

V-MODA Remix 4S Chrome-Black Headphones
V-MODA Remix 4S Chrome-Black Headphones
Offered by Micronutrients Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, 28 July 2013
Bought these for 30 quid from costco, which is a bargain. Using for my laptop headphones for locked down working. The sound is pretty amazing - and higher end on a scale of all headphones. It came with different sized earphones which works well for my big ears! The earphones are straight, and I usually prefer a slight tilt so they don't fall out, but with the sizing, it makes a big difference. I'd pay 45+, and is about the right price for this calbire of headphone.

Anker® Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless ( Light Hi-Fi ) Stereo Headsets for All Bluetooth Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker Product, Apple Quality Headphones, 22 July 2013
These are pretty damn good headphones for a number of reasons. I was looking for some headphones that I could use with my iphone - and these deliver. I had some lower quality no brand headphones previously, but they were uncomfortable, badly designed and just got in the way. However, these Anker headphones give you amazing quality at a reasonable price. The headphones are very light and the ear plugs are remarkably comfortable to the point that you don't realise that they are there. I charged them as soon as they arrived and within an hour the red light was out indicating a full charge. I have been using them two hours a day for 5 days and haven't yet needed to recharge which is better than my previous one by a mile. Just be aware that having bluetooth on on any of your devices wears down the battery, so one you have finished with the need make sure you turn off the bluetooth on your iphone or device. I have used these on my iphone and ipad and it works seamlessly. All you do is press the button and it synchs up. And it hasnt dropped since I have used it. The sound is pretty damn good. I was expecting it to be a bit tinny, but it's well balanced. The volume is good - and beeps when you get to the extremes which is a nice touch. I havent taken a call with it on, so couldn't comment on that. Even with the instruction pictures, it took me a while to figure out how to connect to the charger. But when you do figure it out, you'll realise how smart a design it all is. And that's indicative of the product. Smart design, looks good and high quality. Even the packaging is good, and comes with some spare headphone inserts. Top class. Great headphones are those that dont make you think about them. These are those type of headphones.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2013 7:42 PM BST

Anker® Astro Slim2 4500mAh Ultra-Slim Portable Charger External Battery Power Pack for Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Note 3, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, MOTO X, LG Optimus and most other USB-charged devices (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like carrying a portable wallsocket, 20 Jun 2013
With our increased dependence, these very reasonably priced Anker batteries are a complete live send. As a life as a consultant, I spend most of the time travelling (think:planes, trains and automobiles) and that means significant use of my iphone (4s), iPad 3 and laptop. But sometimes I don't carry a laptop. In this day and age, the capability of an iPad is simply amazing. So travelling light means that you don't have the power of your laptop. Indeed if you are travelling with just your phone, what happens when you run out of juice?

To be frank, I always worried about running down to zero. And occasionally I have done. To not be connected in this age is somewhat worrying, especially when you can use your devices for anything and everything. To be frank, with the money you spend on the latest smartphones, they should provide significantly more battery time. Even when you close down apps, and reduce the brightness, it's not nearly enough, especially when you are hooking up to wifi or using bluetooth.

I had looked into external batteries or external battery cases previously, but spending £70 or $100 for something like this is simply way too much money. As with all Anker products, you get a lot for your money - quality, style and lots of battery juice, in this instance.

I now have 2 of these products. The first one is the 3200mAh, and the second is the 4500mAh slim. I bought the former myself and was supplied a sample of the latter for test and evaluation, I wanted to give a fair and honest evaluation of how I would use the product.

Both products give a great deal of juice. The 4500 is about the same size as an iphone and the 3200 is about 2/3 of the size. The 3200 gave me 1.5 charges and the 4500 gave me 2.5 charges for my iphone 4s. Split with some potential juice for my iPad on the go, that's perfect.

It already comes pre charged and the relevant wire and adapter are there included to connect to all your devices, but invariably you could just carry around the one wire you need. There's a light indicator of 4 lights to give you a feel of how much juice you have left - and that comes on only after you start charging, so protecting the power inside.

I just keep it in my bag with a wire, and use it once or twice a week when i'm out and about. Perfect for the roaming professional, for a big night out, and for anyone. I have given the 3200 to my wife to use for her s3 as she is always running out! Chatting too much!

There's no accessory bag, but you get all the adapters. This is a must have product for everyone with a smartphone. I haven't tested the drain during non use - but I have left it two weeks and it still gives a full charge.

The other option is to buy a battery case that you have around the phone but this makes it very bulky. Just get the Anker External Battery instead. It's a no-brainer.

Anker® Gaming Mouse, 7 Programmable Buttons, up to 4000 DPI, 5 User Profiles (bound to specific games), Omron Micro Switches
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value precision mouse - not just for gamers, 12 Jun 2013
I've had this mouse for a few days now as a supplement for my netbook. I had been looking for a mouse for my kids to use as I am uncomfortable with them just using the touch pad all the time, and so gaming mouses (mice?) are a good solution because they have more functions than the basic ones. What is good about this one is that while it is listed as gaming mouse, and it has all the things you need for gaming, it is great as an overall mouse in its own right. The mouse is quite light and bigger than the fashionable mice that you get these days. This is ergonomic and so you are able to wrap your hand over it in a natural way. It also has a colour scheme to it with lights depending on the profile you set up for it. That's great! The texture of the plastic is smooth giving it a normal natural feel - something you don't need to get used it. The outside is black with the lights on when the lap top on - which is also a great reminded to turn the lap top off at night (or once finished). Anker have managed to create a quality light product at a steal of a price! You don't need to worry about batteries as it runs from the USB port. The installation is a breeze. I just plugged it in and it worked after about a minute. (probably faster on my more powerful HP)

Because it is so light, I'm comfortable letting my kids use it and because I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, I wanted to give a fair and honest evaluation of how I would use the product. Ultimately, we use it for everything on the netbook. So my kids use it when surfing and also for the homework and games. The tailoring is easy, and actually they did it themselves.

My other mouse is a logitech MX which is a lot more expensive and works to my lifestyle of working on glass, being wireless etc. But this is perfect for home use. It's probably not the mouse that you carry around in your bag when travelling because it is bigger than those types of mice. The big big plus that I have found is precision. It is way more precise than any mouse that I have used. I only realised that I have been using inferior precision mouses, once I used this mouse, so it's very responsive. So, if you are going to be using it for high end Photoshop type work, this is probably a good option.

Some downsides is that while it has all the functionality, it doesn't feel very expensive. But most plastic mouses of this nature don't come with the functionality offered by this one. That's the only trade off. You have to remember, though, that you get customisable buttons on this mouse and the precision sensor is fantastic. My only other niggle was having to get the update driver, but even without that, the mouse works straight out of the box as it should. In the price range, this is the best mouse available.Value for money without compromising of functionality. Recommended.

I am running windows XP on a Samsung Netbook and it works fine. It also worked on my HP Windows 7 laptop when I plugged it in.

Belkin Charge and Sync Desktop Dock Charging Station for iPhone 3Gs, 4, 4s and iPod Touch (MFI Approved) - Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid dock, 24 May 2013
I like this dock - it's solid and sits next to my bed without looking obtrusive. It's pretty easy to dock your phone and relatively heavy. I wanted to buy the Elevation Lab product, but that was cost prohibitive especially with shipping to the UK, so this was the next best thing. It does come off the surface when I try and pick up the phone off it in the morning, but to be honest, this is the best of the bunch that I have got so far. The amazing thing about it is that it works with the cover that I have (Black Ops Elemental) so it does all that I need it to do.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 May 2013
I use this to go on the treadmill at home. It's perfectly fine and works. It's a little bit "plasticky" and not amazingly comfortable in the ears, but for the price, it's pretty good. The instructions are a little confusing and it took me a while to pair the headphones to my iphone. But now I know it's easy. It hasn't cut out on me thus far, and allows me to listen to soundcloud uninterrupted. If you need a cheap set of headphones, these work.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Multi Device Bluetooth Keyboard, 24 May 2013
I've been using this keyboard for about a week across my iPad 3, Iphone 4s and Nexus 7 and am thoroughly impressed. The keyboard is incredibly light and the matt finish across the keyboard gives it a professional feel. The outside is silver and Anker have managed to maintain a balance of the product feeling quality and light at the same time. The product is already charged when you receive it, so you don't need to wait to test it out. The installation for each device is quick and you follow a simple Bluetooth pairing process which takes about 30 seconds.
Because it is so light, I have been using it in a variety of scenarios and because I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, I wanted to give a fair and honest evaluation of how I would use the product. Ultimately, this is how I have been using it:

1. Keeping it next to my laptop at my desk with my ipad so that it helps me have a second terminal of sorts.
2. Carrying it with me so I can work out of coffee shops
3. Just having it round the house so I can reply to things quicker on my iphone.

Although it is perfectly fine as a cover, I've found that I'm not using it that way - because I'm using it with various devices, and different places - it just becomes another thing that I have with me to hack my life to become more efficient. The size is just about right - any smaller and it would be too small to use, any bigger, and it would be bulky. I have used the keyboard intensely for a week and the battery has yet require charging. The price is a steal for what you get, especially in comparison to the Apple case, which is nearly triple the price - you could afford to have a few of these hanging around!
Anker have obviously listened to the feedback, because it's possible to get the pound sign by pressing shift # and there are whole set of symbols available using the alt option key. You can control the brightness of the device, and music as well. You can even lock the device or go back to the home screen by pressing 1 button. It would have been nice if the product had come with a tote bag, but at the price, it's already very good value. One last thing, I have written the review of the keyboard on the keyboard. That's the best recommendation of the product. If you need a keyboard for any Bluetooth device, I recommend this one. It's at least as good as the Apple one, if not better, and you can use it on a number of devices. It also brings a different level of usage to your devices - and makes you more efficient, which in this fast moving world, is no bad thing.

BLUE BUDDHA LAPTOP EASEL BOARD
BLUE BUDDHA LAPTOP EASEL BOARD

4.0 out of 5 stars Tim Ferris recommended calm, 13 May 2013
There's something therapeutic about the Buddha Board. I found out about it through Tim Ferris - and so this mobile version discounted, so though I'd get one for the kids. It's a great thing to have in corner of the room. Dip the brush in water and see where the brush takes you. The kids love it, so a great present for a 7/8 year old.

SnoozeShade Plus - universal fit stroller sunshade (UPF50+)
SnoozeShade Plus - universal fit stroller sunshade (UPF50+)
Offered by Blyme

5.0 out of 5 stars The one product you need for babies and toddlers, 13 May 2013
On recommendation, this has been a life saver for us, not just for the sun, but to create the environment for sleep wherever we are. Here's why we love it

1. Our toddler associates it with sleep and knows it is time for sleep whether it's nap time in the park or at friends for dinner (just need to have the buggy with us!)
2. Worked with the bugaboo bee for 6 months before we moved up to the maclaren xt
3. Very light
4. doesn't take up any room - we stick it at the bottom of the buggy
5. Its breathable
6. 50 UV factor against the sun
7. zip at the front to peek whether your kid has gone to sleep
8. You can go out and about without having to worry about nap time
9. Small pocket in the front to store a small rattle or equivalent, if needed.
10. It confuses the hell out of non parent couples!

It's been a life saver for us - and is the one product we recommend to friends with newborns. We have in fact bought it as a present for a couple of people who are now indebted to us!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3